Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Volume posted:

Pretty sure that's grounds for your wife to file for divorce

yeah you should probably never let her know the truth, jivehonky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Best Giraffe posted:

Just throwing this out there, if anyone has anything bad to say about The Princess Bride you can say it to my face and I will smash yours in a fit of violent rage. Thank you and good night.

lol that someone who likes princess bride would have any face smashing efficacy to offer

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Applewhite posted:

Didn't Dragonheart come out post Princess Bride? If I recall, that was a "serious" fantasy film with a big budget for its time. Ladyhawke also came out after Princess Bride and it is a classic.

The only thing Ladyhawke has over The Princess Bride is the attractiveness of the leads. The supporting cast and the jokes aren't even in the same league. Ladyhawke did come out first, and Dragonheart was much later, one of the first really bad CGI films if I remember correctly.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

did u guys ever see howard the duck?

yes. top 10 for me

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Marketing New Brain posted:

The only thing Ladyhawke has over The Princess Bride is the attractiveness of the leads. The supporting cast and the jokes aren't even in the same league. Ladyhawke did come out first, and Dragonheart was much later, one of the first really bad CGI films if I remember correctly.

Ladyhawke is Camelot levels of poo poo-out fantasy movie garbage. The script is a mess, the direction was all over the place and everyone involved should be embarrassed.

Princess Bride is a children's adventure movie they threw a little romantic comedy in and made the whole thing endearing. It has more in common with Pixar movies like Up and Toy Story than it does either of those piles of cinematic poo poo

dreadspork
Jun 25, 2005

Perseverance does not equal worthiness. Next time you want to get my attention, wear something fun. Low-riding jeans are hot.
The Princess Bride is on U.S. Netflix right now. I know what I'm doing this evening.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
jerking off ?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

jerking off ?

Perfect breasts

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Womens aged 22-38 will ALWAYS put out after you watch this movie with them

ding ding ding

this movie is like catnip for girls with princess complexes

an average looking, undeserving woman who betrays her love *twice* after she promises not to, still gets her prince who fights heaven and hell to be with her and lives happily ever after

bonus points for cumming directly on one of her Disney tattoos after the movie

dreadspork
Jun 25, 2005

Perseverance does not equal worthiness. Next time you want to get my attention, wear something fun. Low-riding jeans are hot.

nomadologique posted:

jerking off ?

Not if what everyone says about women and this movie is right, I won't be.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

did u guys ever see howard the duck?

u mean at the end of guardians of the galaxy? can't wait until he meets baby groot

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I watch Howard the Duck often because Lea Thompson is so hot

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's funny in that "heh" way of your parent's generation more than anything.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I watch Howard the Duck often because Lea Thompson is so hot

HTD Lea is the best Lea, splooj.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
its alright. the parts are better than the sum if that makes any sense. i enjoy that movie cut up into pieces as a bunch of internet memes and short youtube clips more than as an actual movie. its kinda the only one thats like that i think.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ancelm posted:

I'll take a whole bag, please.

THAT'S ALLOTTA NUTS.

Wrong movie though.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Mr. Unlucky posted:

. i enjoy that movie cut up into pieces as a bunch of internet memes and short youtube clips more than as an actual movie. its kinda the only one thats like that i think.

Pulp Fiction
Rocky Horror
John Wick
Full Metal Jacket
just for a start, but Princess Bride isn't one of them

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

joat mon posted:

Pulp Fiction
Rocky Horror
John Wick
Full Metal Jacket
just for a start, but Princess Bride isn't one of them

Ummm.... No

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I would put Raising Arizona before half of that list, if we're talking all time movie meme greatness.

The forum babbies just don't know things.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

New unironic way get chicks on tinder

"Princess Bride and chill?"

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

New unironic way get chicks on tinder

"Princess Bride and chill?"

unironically i think that would work

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

thathonkey posted:

It was the 80's you'll have to forgive them for that one

LOL seriously. The only thing that is more staunchly a product of the 80s are big brown rectangular electronics. It was an infestation. Nobody's fault. Even nevernending story and legend were infested.

Speaking of jerk heroines who don't deserve good things: that legend chick. She plays with an elf-friend boy's heart and when he shows her the old magic she IMMEDIATELY messes everything up on a cosmic level.. Which ok technically is not 100% her own fault but then when she is taken she is easily seduced by the dark with necklaces and pretty dresses and poo poo. How loving shallow can one bitch be? She makes a heel turn at the last second so everything turns out ok but she barely deserves to be called a protagonist. She's more like a banshee or other foretelliner of doom.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless

Nathilus posted:

LOL seriously. The only thing that is more staunchly a product of the 80s are big brown rectangular electronics. It was an infestation. Nobody's fault. Even nevernending story and legend were infested.

Speaking of jerk heroines who don't deserve good things: that legend chick. She plays with an elf-friend boy's heart and when he shows her the old magic she IMMEDIATELY messes everything up on a cosmic level.. Which ok technically is not 100% her own fault but then when she is taken she is easily seduced by the dark with necklaces and pretty dresses and poo poo. How loving shallow can one bitch be? She makes a heel turn at the last second so everything turns out ok but she barely deserves to be called a protagonist. She's more like a banshee or other foretelliner of doom.

Are you making GBS threads me?

If it turned out that the devil is actually Tim Curry and he tried to seduce me and all he wants in return is me murdering some unicorns I'd totally do it in a heartbeat. The Legend chick's biggest crime was trying to resist his irresistible advances.

That's why the movie was called "Legend" - it had Tim Curry in it.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I liked Willow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Soul Reaver posted:

Are you making GBS threads me?

If it turned out that the devil is actually Tim Curry and he tried to seduce me and all he wants in return is me murdering some unicorns I'd totally do it in a heartbeat. The Legend chick's biggest crime was trying to resist his irresistible advances.

That's why the movie was called "Legend" - it had Tim Curry in it.

That's why she's a bitch I guess? Cause we're all jealous? I think that's how these things work.

• Locked thread