Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Battle of the Bands!
Disturbed is the best!
Nickleback for life!
Five Finger Death Punch mother fuckers!
Comedy "Pink Floyd" Option
View Results

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

spidergoats posted:

I never figured out what The Sickness was. Maybe food poisoning?

It was the 90's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

spidergoats posted:

Millennials was the sickness, Disturbed saw it coming a decade before and tried to warn us all.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
my dad of all people told me hes discovered this new band called disturbed and im like, daaa-aaad you're not kvlt enough i wont go to the mall with you :mad:

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.
Can't wait to see Disturbed in June, a band with actual talent. I did like Nicklebacks Silver Side Up album but couldn't tell you what else they released.

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Alright, time for a battle of the bands. GBS style! Disturbed VS. Nickleback VS. Five Finger Death Punch! Who will come out on top? Vote now for the winner!

For comparison for those who don't keep up with the current rock and roll bands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXYIxJScSik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7DL1FUQY9U

I want to PUNCH YOU SO BADLY. Disturbed did a great cover of the Sound of Silence, but gently caress me- that's not the essence of the band. They've got a poo poo ton of hard loving rock.

spidergoats posted:

AIDS and Explosive Anal Leakage Syndrome, EALS.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
pink floyd? ok, grandad? Wheres the music for ythe REAL rockers the REAL voice of this generation. BLACK VEIL BRIEDES?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Wizzle-Wazzle posted:

David drainman can actually sing pretty well so I vote for disturbed

Remember on Twitter when he posted some stupid political Bullshit people just kept posting OOOOO WAH AH AH AH at him lol

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Oooooh wa ah ah ah

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

Remember on Twitter when he posted some stupid political Bullshit people just kept posting OOOOO WAH AH AH AH at him lol

it's like the dogfucker joke but he will always be known as the OOH WAH AH AH AH guy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Get up, your monkey's down with the sickness.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I still think that both Nickelback and Disturbed's first few albums are pretty good and actually hold up quite well (nostalgia perhaps). That said, once Nickelback released The Long Road, it was obvious that they had perfected their 'sound' meaning they could essentially commit self-plagiarism and get away with it. They had become a joke and embarrassment to rock music, but somehow kept growing in mainstream popularity. I didn't think it would last. I still remember the first time I heard "Photograph", the first single from their next album. I actually laughed out loud through the entire song. The embarrassing, cringe-worthy lyrics. The most cliched chord progression in music. Just a loving awful song. I was convinced it would be universally panned and Nickelback would disappear into obscurity. Instead, "Photograph" became their biggest hit, and the album All The Right Reasons produced 7 hit singles and sold 8 million copies in the US.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Uxzuigal posted:

I want to PUNCH YOU SO BADLY. Disturbed did a great cover of the Sound of Silence, but gently caress me- that's not the essence of the band. They've got a poo poo ton of hard loving rock.

lol, this guy likes Disturbed. lol.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Can't wait to see FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH headline the Rockstar Energy Rocktober Festival, four stages playing the hottest bands from the 80's 90's and today *crushes empty 24oz monster can on forhead* WOOOOOOOOO *has heart attack, dies*

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Also singer of Disturbed is confirmed to be an enormous jackass of a human being.

[quote="news post="458620060"]
During the show, which took place at the House of Blues in Dallas, Draiman said to the woman, “So what is so important going on in the world that you need to be texting the entire f–king show?” He added, “Don’t tell me to go f–k myself. You already did by looking in your phone instead of paying attention.”

The woman in question, Shannon Pardue, wrote in a Facebook post (via The Dallas Observer), “There was a bad hailstorm going on at my house and my 14-year-old daughter was at home freaking out, and yes, I was texting her to calm her down. But, of course, the only person able to speak was the one with the microphone. He was a jerk. Disturbed just lost two big fans.”
[/quote]

And an excerpt from a message he wrote to Rolling Stone ,agazine once -

RollingStone posted:

Are you out of your ultra-liberal, sympathetic to a fault, loving minds??? You have not only succeeded in blatantly insulting and dishonoring the victims and families whose lives were forever effected by this rabid animal, but you have now glorified his cowardly and unforgivable act. Why? Because it will sell magazines? Because it will create controversy? Because you actually do sympathize with this abhorrent, cowardly, piece of poo poo? You have made it attractive and validated the act, to a whole new generation of wanna be terrorists seeking martyrdom and infamy. You, and your kind are the reason why people think that they can go out “in a blaze of glory” while murdering innocents. Honestly, and i mean this from the bottom of my heart…Go…gently caress…Yourselves.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Battle of the Bands that causes a riot in every trailer park in America and also probably Canada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheech Marinade
Apr 17, 2002
Sadly I'd probably have to pick Disturbed out of that group. But not like that song you posted, maybe more of the OOOH waa aa aa aa stuff.

Five Finger Death Punch are probably better musicians technially, but the band has no imagination. Trying to cover a Dio song disqualifies them immediately.

Nickleback is too accurate a depiction of the members' inner selves.

• Locked thread