Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

ROFLburger posted:

op, things will get better hang in there little fella

yeah we'll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Distinguishing and discernment are the basis of all higher thought

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I think most people have a p good prez voice for lotsa US preisents

Liike "Ah did nawt have secual rellashuns with that wumun" and then you do sucky sucky noises and hump the air a bit or wipe pantomime cum all over ypurself or somethin

It's the little thijgs man u knoe

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Gatekeeper posted:

anyway I'm just kickin back watchin el topo because it's been one of those kinda days and I got a lil sad thinkin about why it's tough for everyone to be nice and friends instead of breakin up into angered groups of differentness

any friend of jodorowsky is a friend of mine, friend

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
one day the aliens will invade and we'll all realize we're in this thing together as one species, op. stay strong until then

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Distinguishing and discernment are the basis of all higher thought

yeah sorry op but ferg is right

the word 'science' comes from indo-european root 'sciam' meaning 'to seperate'

it is also the root of the word 'poo poo' which makes sense, since you're separating waste from your butthole

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
There are a few people in this thread, and you know who you are.

That I want to take by the hand and lay naked in a field of fluffy bubbles with as we look up at the clouds passing by.
Then we realize we're on the clouds! The clouds are the fluffy bubbles and we smile and look at each other.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

Blazing Zero posted:

one day the aliens will invade and we'll all realize we're in this thing together as one species, op. stay strong until then

gonna go play xcom now and have some feelgoods about people coming together to blow aliens apart welcome 2 earth bitchezzzzzzz

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

drat horror queefs posted:

I think most people have a p good prez voice for lotsa US preisents

Liike "Ah did nawt have secual rellashuns with that wumun" and then you do sucky sucky noises and hump the air a bit or wipe pantomime cum all over ypurself or somethin

It's the little thijgs man u knoe

yup :P good stuff, prez voices

most of my chums have a good Lincoln even tho we don't kno what he sounded like, we still drop good "four score and seven years ago I put my disease in your mama"s and we know they sound good. funny that we openly share our Lincoln's but our nixons are private :shrug:

chaosbreather posted:

yeah sorry op but ferg is right

the word 'science' comes from indo-european root 'sciam' meaning 'to seperate'

it is also the root of the word 'poo poo' which makes sense, since you're separating waste from your butthole

Yeah that's a good point fergus and chaosbreather. I mean lookin at differentness is obv good for science... but friendships aren't science no matter how much we may wish it was so :(

and speakin of friendship i hope you're not yanking my chain wrt that cool etymological poo poo lesson because I look forward to tellin my mates about that next time we discuss watergate

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
This is why I fully endorse interracial mixing for everyone till we are all brownish: it's hard to hate others that are the same as you!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
It's kind of human nature to recognize patterns \ similarities and sort things into groups, even when said patterns aren't really there or are coincidental. That's basically how religion came about. People saw poo poo happen and were like "oh, I guess the gods must have done that!" Or "oh, that piece of toast kinda resembles Jesus, it must be a message from God!"

Also human beings are naturally tribal and can't really function in a social group of higher than about 150 people.

Human beings are basically hairless chimpanzees who like to pretend they're civilized and somehow above the rest of the animal kingdom. In reality though, we behave in pretty much the same way as any other animal in that we're mostly driven by a desire to eat and gently caress and we're inherently aggressive and fearful of what we deem to be an "outsider".

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Gatekeeper posted:

Yeah that's a good point fergus and chaosbreather. I mean lookin at differentness is obv good for science... but friendships aren't science no matter how much we may wish it was so :(

and speakin of friendship i hope you're not yanking my chain wrt that cool etymological poo poo lesson because I look forward to tellin my mates about that next time we discuss watergate

You can make friends with robots, that's friendship science.

And yeah it's real, or its as I remember reading it. I don't tend to lie very often about factual poo poo because it's easy to check and it's nice to pass interesting stuff on, it makes the time I spent learning it less expensive, like when you buy a video game and your friendship robots play it with you, it's like it's cheaper because it's not just for you, you know?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

chaosbreather posted:

You can make friends with robots, that's friendship science.

:kimchi: i didnt kno this was possible

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

The only thing that isn't possible, my friend, is the impossible

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Wicker Man posted:

This is why I fully endorse interracial mixing for everyone till we are all brownish: it's hard to hate others that are the same as you!

lol where in the world has that ever been true? physical differences are just a shortcut to faster identify the other, not the source of the problem

^ the truest statement of human existence

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
"Ahhhhh finally we all have the same shade of brown skin. Racism is defeated guys!"

*Anarchy erupts every time a storm-front passes through*

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Pokémon weren't meant to fight.

Not like this.

Aug 4, 2010

Gatekeeper

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Wicker Man posted:

Ya it's true Pakistan and India get along famously

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Differences are more interesting, because they compare two contrasting ideas. The point where it gets silly is when other people try to shove their convictions down your throat, or they completely shut out other opinions solely because they don't match their own.

Finding common ground is easy as gently caress. Analysing differences takes time, respect, patience and an open mind.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
because people are idiotic. once you realize everybody is 99% the same you arent such a loving douchebag

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

www posted:

Gatekeeper

it's the gate to Jurassic park bc we have nothin in common with fuckin dinosaurs and they dônt belong anywhere near my famil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

please fill out this eight question survey about better call saul so i know whether or not to declare a personal fatwa on u

• Locked thread