Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Moths. I don't know why they creep me out, but they're these little terrifying, dusty, clothes eating monsters. And they're attracted to light! I like having lights on and what if one flies in, mistakes my hair for wool and starts eating it and gets to my brain?

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little tea pot
May 1, 2008
People dressed up in larger than human costumes. The Easter Bunny, Liberty Tax Lady, Dancing Mattress, any of those things. Any of the Disney Parks just sound like a giant nightmare. It's not people dressed up as human sized things, just larger than human but humanoid shaped. I don't know when this one started but pretty sure it's been my whole life.

Weird textures in my mouth like yogurt or soft fruits. I can't eat blueberries because they remind me of fish eggs (weirdly ok with tiny roe on sushi). I get the whole body shudders when I think about eating a lot of things. Ugh. I don't like even being around them.

The shower curtain being closed while I pee (it's not a murderer, it's a velociraptor- thanks Jurassic Park).

When my BF doesn't tell me where he is, I immediately know he has been killed somehow. I'm so very lucky he takes this in stride and will tell me as soon as he knows if plans change. Otherwise I'll call or text until I hear from him. A couple of times I took off from work to check on him if he didn't answer.

My teeth falling out. I have the worst dreams about that. Which lends itself to a fear of falling and breaking my teeth on concrete. I am a very careful walker.

Breaking my fingers or toes. I have small, easily bendable fingers and I just know I could accidentally snap them somehow.

When I leave the house for longer than 12 hours, either the dog or the cats have died/gotten out/got sick/set the house on fire. Or that I left an alarm clock on, buzzing. I've left parties early to go check.

I have a lot more but those are the biggies. Anxiety is so much fun!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I constantly have a fear of leaving the stove on. Even if I had something cold for breakfast/lunch, I still worry about it. I used to worry about the kettle until i bought one with an auto shut off.

Related, no matter where I've worked, if I was the last to leave, I'm always afraid I forgot to lock the door. Like I'll remember turning the key, but did it turn the whole way? Did I tug on it tight enough? I have literally walked back to work (when i lived close enough to do it) late at night just to check.

• Locked thread