Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Reverse Centaur posted:

Mandatory cable channel packages will be illegal in Canada by the end of the year. You will be able to pick only the channels you want. If USA does that these useless channels will disappear by the end of 2017.

god that would be so awesome, maybe it would kill all the cable news channels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Balls Deep is cool, everything else on the channel is mostly pointless or straight up garbage.

Weediquette seems like it's trying to be deep, but every show is going somewhere, looking at their weed, and then the host going "So in wrap up, I guess weed really is a force for change."
gently caress That's Delicious is an hour of jersey shore dirtbags and a fat guy going "I like food, it's like (insert two completely unrelated phrases) on my tongue."
Flophouse is a bunch of bad comedians who couldn't even get a spot on an open-mic night doing their schtick in a literal flophouse.
States of Undress is okay. Checking out the weird side of fashion in 3rd-world shitholes.

balls deep is good just to watch the nerdy guy suffer (the tugboat episode is loving hilarious)

weediquette's host is boring and bad at his job but he meets some interesting people. also the congo episode is good

gently caress that's delicious is terrible. three fat jersey stereotypes waddle around and act as ignorant as possible. maybe the worst travel show ever made

flophouse is the worst comedy show ever made. even the jokes they use for commercials arent funny (like reading google autocomplete results)

states of undress is about a sheltered model who investigates third-world fashion by interviewing local designers who are always adamant that they do not live in a backwards shithole (pakistan is actually very open-minded you guys!)

gaycation would be a good show if ellen page wasn't allowed to talk outside of interviews, which she is actually drat good at. they should also get rid of the no-name gay guy

noisey reminds me of those fakeass short-form "documentaries" clothing brands make about "indie" musicians (like kendrick lamar and justin loving bieber) complete with a ton jump cuts and lens flares, signifying nothing

Bro Dad fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 14, 2016

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bro Dad posted:

states of undress is about a sheltered model who investigates third-world fashion by interviewing local designers who are always adamant that they do not live in a backwards shithole (pakistan is actually very open-minded you guys!)

I did like the Congo one where the SAPE guy was walking down the street with her, telling everyone in french that she was his new wife.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I did like the Congo one where the SAPE guy was walking down the street with her, telling everyone in french that she was his new wife.

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

states of undress is mostly bad bc it features moments like the host walking through a literal slum of street children and saying "fashion is so important here, everyone cares a lot about looking good." although there was a funny moment when she interviewed an islamic fundamentalist and he said that he wants to give her to an afghan man so he can cut off her nose

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Manifest posted:

History is in the process of reformatting itself towards historical dramas. Might be for the better.

when did they say that?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Reverse Centaur posted:

Mandatory cable channel packages will be illegal in Canada by the end of the year. You will be able to pick only the channels you want. If USA does that these useless channels will disappear by the end of 2017.

Isn't this just going to result in ESPN being 29 bucks a month and all the TLC's and poo poo will be a nickel apiece

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Jonny 290 posted:

Isn't this just going to result in ESPN being 29 bucks a month and all the TLC's and poo poo will be a nickel apiece

Nah, ESPN will be 24 bucks a month and the grisly death by starvation of everything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

GORDON posted:

Makes me wonder if we are on step 3 of our march to, "Ow, My Balls!"

• Locked thread