Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alice Klar
Apr 13, 2016
This is a thread to discuss all-ages comics, from classics like Archie and Popeye to this new queer stuff like Adventure Time, Steven Universe, even ones that aren't toon tie-ins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alice Klar
Apr 13, 2016
I recently bought Help Us! Great Warrior by Madeleine Flores solely because it looked super gay and it didn't disappoint on that front. The main characters were a group of amorphous blobs, an all-powerful hijab-wearing being and a transgender warrior.

Unfortunately the story was thin and what little of it there is is rushed as hell. It's funny in a one-shot Tumblr comic kind of way and it's really cute but an unsatisfactory 10 minute read for an adult. I'd say kids might get more mileage out of it but without the jokes that will sail over their heads, there doesn't seem to be much to hold their attention.

8/10 for queerness.
4/10 for the book as a whole.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lumberjanes is good, Gotham Academy is good. LumberjanesXGotham Academy will be good. There's a preview in Hope Larson's new Boom comic out today that's like, a kid detective miniseries. I'm pumped to get to that.https://www.comixology.com/Goldie-Vance-1/digital-comic/344710?ref=cGFnZS92aWV3L2Rlc2t0b3AvZ3JpZExpc3QvbGlzdDEwODY2
Also loving Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. it's probably Marvel's most under appreciated comic.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 13, 2016

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Can we agree that Marvel Adventures Spider-Man & Spider-Man loves Mary Jane are the two greatest depictions of Spider-Man put to print, right?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hero Bear and the Kid is loving amazing and I will fight anyone irl who disagrees.

That is also the only run of comics that I have owned that someone accidentally damaged and that bummed me out so much. I really need to ebay some replacements.

• Locked thread