Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Remember the first episode of that tv show the lone gunmen? It had a plane being remote controlled into the twin towers by the us government

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Remember how on this day 43 years ago, the United States overthrew a democratically elected government and installed a dictator who killed, tortured or exiled hundreds of thousands?

lol

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Its really cool we're allies to Saudi Arabia, whose government seeded wahabbism across the islamic world with their wealth, from whom every one who orchestrated the attacks is from, from those schools and the wars that followed we have radcial assholes everywhere from sub saharan africa to india and france.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Im glad we havent glassed riyadh

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So are there americucks that still take the 9/11 memorial poo poo seriously?

The whole thing is more an exposition of the failures of American empire and less of a tragic chapter in US history.

PS how the gently caress is there not a world trade center themed Jenga set available on amazon? loving get it together America.

Sethex fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Sep 11, 2016

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Sethex posted:

The whole thing is more an exposition of the failures of American empire and less of a tragic chapter in US history.

Yes, evidently NY and NJ still take it very seriously according to goons in one of the other 37 9/11 threads.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

this guys member title is all that needs to be said about 911

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
this thread is the only one to celebrate 9/11 properly aka all the time

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Yes, evidently NY and NJ still take it very seriously according to goons in one of the other 37 9/11 threads.

NJ is really ultra-patriotic, even for people who are dem voters.

Also the tallest 1Km skyscraper in Saudi Arabia is being built by the Bin Laden Construction company

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/30/world/meast/saudi-arabia-worlds-tallest-building-jeddah-tower/

quote:

Dubai, long champion of all things biggest, longest and most expensive, will soon have some competition from neighboring Saudi Arabia.

It is expected that construction of the tower will require 5.7 million square feet of concrete and 80,000 tons of steel.

A Saudi government press release on Sunday said Jeddah Economic Company and Saudi Arabia's Alinma Investment had signed a financing deal for 8.4 billion Saudi riyals (or $2.2 billion) to build Jeddah City, including the sky-piercing tower.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Sethex posted:

PS how the gently caress is there not a world trade center themed Jenga set available on amazon? loving get it together America.

Wait for the parade and floats and shop sales on 9/11 in 30 years time.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A subway store honored The Onion 9/11 parody ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Ciu1bTFts

TipsyMc
Sep 5, 2004

I visited BYOB and all I got was this lousy avatar
For nostalgia's sake here is the archived SA 9/11 thread. Enjoy! Yay America!

http://www.truegamer.net/SA_911/911%20SATHREAD/

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

twoday posted:

Somebody post the cake pictures.

Here's a really big version. I'm having issues getting thumbnailing to work but it's also loving laffo gigantic so that's not cool for the people on mobile phones.

http://cubeupload.com/im/mgrQOv.jpg

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
After getting home from 7th grade on the day of 9/11 my friend and I walked up to the local library and checked out a VHS of Ghost in the Shell. I'll Never Forget my first encounter with anime titties.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Sokrateez posted:

Remember how on this day 43 years ago, the United States overthrew a democratically elected government and installed a dictator who killed, tortured or exiled hundreds of thousands?

lol

For any one who doesn't know the story.

On Sept 11 1973 the CIA overthrew Allende, the democratically elected leader of Chile, and installed Pinochet, a loving psycho.

They did this because the head of the CIA was also on the board of the United Fruit Company and they wanted to keep banana imports from Chile cheap.

America will literally murder thousands to keep bananas cheap.

And you get all weepy and can't understand why people hate your country so much they'll crash planes in to your buildings.

LOL

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

Schwarbage posted:

After getting home from 7th grade on the day of 9/11 my friend and I walked up to the local library and checked out a VHS of Ghost in the Shell. I'll Never Forget my first encounter with anime titties.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
All day.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

EvilJoven posted:

And you get all weepy and can't understand why people hate your country so much they'll crash planes in to your buildings.

LOL

did you ever stop to think that just maybe americans are god's chosen people and we can do whatever we want and everyone else has to just bend over and take it? you ever think of that?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
One Friday night I came home from work and found my roommate greasy Craig curled up on the bathroom floor crying in a puddle of his own vomit. On the sink there was a mostly empty bottle of vodka.

I knelt down and put a hand on his shoulder, "Craig. Craig. Buddy. What's wrong man?"

I thought maybe his mom had died or some poo poo like that. He looked at me with his red puffy eyes and said mornfully "I did it. I did nine eleh-heh-heven!"

So that solves it. Greasy Craig did 9/11 and he feels terrible about it.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

I cant wait to bomb some capitalist dodongos

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
At the airport in Dallas Texas lmaoing at 9/11

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Sokrateez posted:

lol

or when we showed up in iraq and deposed "our guy" and told the iraqis with a straight face "sorry about that last guy but we got a real good feeling about this next one" and we, as a nation, couldn't understand why the iraqis didn't welcome their new proconsul with open arms

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db0URjdOZNQ

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/pet/5782148218.html

quote:

Hello I have a litter of 10 born cane corso puppies very healthy very thick. These puppies were born on a very historical day 9-11 when the twin towers were hit. These puppies will grow to protect you and stand by you threw thick and thin. Mom and dad were very big and can show both parents. Have 6 boys 4 girls
2 jet black ones and rest brindle chest nut brindle black brindle. Please contact me for more info on puppies they will be ready in 6 to 7 weeks. NOW TAKING DEPOSITS.
Can FaceTime as well if your unable to drive out to look at them.

lmao

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Just did a hearty lol myself, thanks thread

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
thats even better than the bomb detectors

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
for one, dogs can actually be made to detect bombs

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
dogs can be trained to detect planes too

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
it's amazing that 200,000 people died on 9/11, and most of them were Iraqis who didn't know it yet

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
yea those loving dogs didnt woof once when the planes came, thank goodness the geese responded and grounded that evil sully guy's plane saving the white house

we should celebrate 9/11 by treating the geese nobly for their loyalty and killing and crucifying dogs for their treachery

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue
Just saw a bird fly into a tree like an idiot, thought about 9/11

• Locked thread