Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I've never heard anything more about it than cultish repetition of "mods knew" and that it was like the thing that got GBS to slacken up on the rules for awhile.
Am I missing any details?
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

frogge posted:

I've never heard anything more about it than cultish repetition of "mods knew" and that it was like the thing that got GBS to slacken up on the rules for awhile.

he was called aaron

edit: was/is ?!

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
he looks so much like someone i was friends with when we were kids i often wonder if they're the same person.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It sounds like the mods didn't actually know and it was just some rumor and then meme.

Aug 4, 2010

no they knew alright

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
They look like humans to you?!!

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

frogge posted:

don't know if it's allowed to be linked here but google search "The Doxxing of Aatrek"

it's a something sensitive dox / outing thread

:ironicat:

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

frogge posted:

i think a mod of the for-profit chan-like site Something Awful gave him a secret account after his crimes were revealed, and other mods knew about it and were OK with it because of course they were.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

frogge posted:

He hosed the 10 year old girl he was babysitting a bunch of times. glad you know now?

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

SurfaceDetail posted:

He hosed the 10 year old girl he was babysitting a bunch of times. glad you know now?

No. :stonk:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

quote:

"I kept asking for more information on what Aatrek did, then I found out and I regretted it"

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

frogge posted:

i think some banned poster sent a PM to a mod or admin and said he was a pedo, that was ignored until proof was provided a few years later, he fessed up and thought it wasn't a big deal, and got perma'd

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

SurfaceDetail posted:

I am glad I know now, thank you!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
If only mods would listen to Frank reynold's song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YmDcCpD1gc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Crash_N_Burn posted: