Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

is loving opiate overdoses seriously the #1 'unintended death' maker in the us?

like, how is it not car accidents?

car accident fatalities are quite rare. you just think they arent cause youre a bad driver who blames others for being bad drivers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

mdm posted:

heroin is probably safer than a lot of the prescription opioids, it just happens to be slightly more addictive (maybe) and is also illegal

safer? no I think thats demonstrably proven not to be true. regular opioids are "safe" if you consider heroin safe. they arent going to kill you if you just take 1 unit of opioid. if you got real pharmaceutical heroin its not going to kill you, but neither is an oxy. if they did, they would be pretty loving lovely to take.

no the problem is both are physically and mentally addictive. heroin just makes you feel waaaaaaaaay higher

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club
It's hard as poo poo for me to get pills I need to function every doctor I see is a huge uptight nerd letting me suffer I need pills to function maybe give me some pills so I don't have to self medicate with worse stuff stop torturing me

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club
I'm like always 2 minutes away from an anxiety attack and I can't find a doctor to give me anxiety pills when I need them, my newest doctor is giving me klonopins but it's a weak script it's like an anxiolytic appetizer it's practically an invitation to use alcohol to get it to work properly which is dangerous and stupid but come on giving me just the tip of relief when I work 12 hour days sweating like a hog is cruel

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
I do blame my dentist for my heroin addiction.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
If you get addicted to heroin you'll probably die, and then you'll never find out how Berserk ends.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Rutibex posted:

clearly the opiate problems solution is for america to go to war with england

Hell yeah, what's good for tea is good for heroin as my pappy was wont to say.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Sugar man, heroin and sugar. Both purified, both white or brown or gray

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I think it's funny how any time there's a thread on anything on these forums, after enough pages have gone by only supporters remain.

Heroin thread.

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows
As long as you're a productive functional adult you should be allowed to do all the drugs you want.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
no i wouldnt id use it my self why the gently caress am i goning to waste perfectly good heroin on a dumb kid

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
when I was an addictive addict, I was hanging around with a family of scumbags one night, all of us really unhappy because it was that one day a month where no one had anything they were gonna give up

The dad of scumbags told us to go wait in the car, we'd go to the ER

I forgot my purse in the house. went back in to get it and Scumdad was whaling on his knee with a hammer

I found this hilarious and still do

took him to ER, turns out he actually had a knee problem unrelated to his 'fall.'

doc figured out something because they only gave him a script for 6 7.5mg hydrocodone. or the doc just knew the town he was working in

anyway yeah don't try to fool the ER people, it doesn't work

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

when I was an addictive addict, I was hanging around with a family of scumbags one night, all of us really unhappy because it was that one day a month where no one had anything they were gonna give up

The dad of scumbags told us to go wait in the car, we'd go to the ER

I forgot my purse in the house. went back in to get it and Scumdad was whaling on his knee with a hammer

I found this hilarious and still do

took him to ER, turns out he actually had a knee problem unrelated to his 'fall.'

doc figured out something because they only gave him a script for 6 7.5mg hydrocodone. or the doc just knew the town he was working in

anyway yeah don't try to fool the ER people, it doesn't work

jfc that sounds horrible, I am so glad my addiction is legal and can be purchased in any corner store or market

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

goatse.cx haver posted:

I like it when doctors decide that instead of doing their jobs they should start making moral judgement calls... just give me the loving pills i am in pain you oval office it doesnt even matter if i abuse them or not, i clearly have a loving bone sticking out of my arm

I don't even have any tattoos or whatever your problem is but when I threw my back out over Christmas and couldn't get out of bed without assistance I could hear the doctor in another room talking about it with a colleague of hers and without even seeing me he was like "he's faking it" and they wouldn't write me a prescription for literally anything. The funny thing is my wife told me to go to that doctor because she gets anti-depressants so easy from them so I guess there is something to the "girls have an easier time getting drugs" anecdotes here.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
yes because 12 7.5mg hydros approximately equal one fat shot of heron :horse:

what is their alt suggestion? let the children suffer after painful surgeries and allowing only ice packets and NSAIDS for pain relief? :911:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Mariana Horchata posted:

yes because 12 7.5mg hydros approximately equal one fat shot of heron :horse:

what is their alt suggestion? let the children suffer after painful surgeries and allowing only ice packets and NSAIDS for pain relief? :911:

just give them some liquor gently caress its not that hard

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
If I could get a continual prescription for hydrocodone it would make me happy as well as help with my back pain along with making my poops more regular

Wonder drug tbh

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

EngineerSean posted:

I could hear the doctor in another room talking about it with a colleague of hers and without even seeing me he was like "he's faking it" and they wouldn't write me a prescription for literally anything.

if you weren't actually faking it you should have flipped the gently caress out at this, everybody knows that they are gonna talk poo poo behind your back but doing it where you can hear them is like a "spit in your face" level of disrespect

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
prescription lean would be pretty cool actually, like the doctor would write " take this with 12 oz of sprite and a jolly rancher every couple hours, also maybe smoke a "weed" cigarette and listen to some Lil Wayne"

gently caress that would be a cool rear end doctor

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

signalnoise posted:

If I could get a continual prescription for hydrocodone it would make me happy as well as help with my back pain along with making my poops more regular

Wonder drug tbh

? but it slows your poops down

you cant do that man. those poops have gotta go. this is important

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Keep Autism Wired posted:

It's hard as poo poo for me to get pills I need to function every doctor I see is a huge uptight nerd letting me suffer I need pills to function maybe give me some pills so I don't have to self medicate with worse stuff stop torturing me

yeah but have you ever heard of black people? we gotta regulate this poo poo

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

safer? no I think thats demonstrably proven not to be true. regular opioids are "safe" if you consider heroin safe. they arent going to kill you if you just take 1 unit of opioid. if you got real pharmaceutical heroin its not going to kill you, but neither is an oxy. if they did, they would be pretty loving lovely to take.

no the problem is both are physically and mentally addictive. heroin just makes you feel waaaaaaaaay higher

not sure what you mean by demonstrably but it turns out heroin is more unsafe than most pills because it is illegal

glowstick party tonight fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 21, 2016

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Would you give your child HEROIN to treat a Wisdom Tooth? I would, if that was the best option. What about you?

People seem to forget poo poo like morphine has a medical use, it's only when people use it for fun that it becomes a serious problem.

Best dentist I ever had as a kid gave me three pills before I went in, and an hour later I was asking when they would start and was informed they already finished. I then spent the car ride home totally happy. I wish every dentist would go that route for wisdom teeth instead of being pussies because people are afraid of prescribed drugs.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
give everybody lsd

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

I'll start giving my kids heroin long before they're getting their wisdom teeths anyway

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Partnership for a Drug free anything are pathological liars.
Legalize opium. legalize all drugs. Narcotic prohibition was just meant to make it easier to oppress ethnic minorities.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I went to the ER for a kidney stone a while back (my first one, I didn't know what the gently caress was going on and thought I was going to die) and they gave me a shot of morphine followed by a shot of dilaudid. Then they sent me home a few hours later with a script for 30 vicodin and told me if I get another to just come back and they'll shoot me up again and keep me until it passes.

The system works.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Nooner posted:

no i wouldnt id use it my self why the gently caress am i goning to waste perfectly good heroin on a dumb kid

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It seems highly wasteful to give a poo poo what people do to themselves unless it hurts other people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Sammus posted:

I went to the ER for a kidney stone a while back (my first one, I didn't know what the gently caress was going on and thought I was going to die) and they gave me a shot of morphine followed by a shot of dilaudid. Then they sent me home a few hours later with a script for 30 vicodin and told me if I get another to just come back and they'll shoot me up again and keep me until it passes.

The system works.

This poo poo is good medicine. Congrats

• Locked thread