Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

As for save stating (since I caught up yesterday), that seems like a perfectly legitimate use of it. You're trying to show off the game, having to do phase 1 & 2 again because normally you'd have to reload from last time you were at gravestone mountain wouldn't really add to the experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8
Gravestone Mountain is a cool name. I don't know if we'll ever see it again if we can't loving finish the next mission though@!%#

Part 10: WAR GETS TO YA

Yohan
Jan 20, 2011
Aggressive use of rockets might be in order to clear the way to their spawn point.

Another tip for you guys, when you split a squad you can decide how to split the explosives between the squads by clicking on the grenade and rocket icons.

SirDifferential
Sep 19, 2012
I was clenching my teeth when you first walked past those spike traps. You can actually see them if you look really carefully. Generally, they're always next to the treeline or some other object that hides the few odd pixels that reveals their presence.

Those bushes and house roofs always fly around randomly, but sometimes I could swear they have eyeballs that thirst for blood.

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8
It certainly doesn't help us noticing the spear traps that we're playing on a TV about 5 feet from us. #excuses

As for rockets, they would help at that bottleneck for sure. We'll see if Dvid can figure it out. :munch:

Part 11: HERE'S THE PLAN: gently caress YOU

SirDifferential
Sep 19, 2012
Weirdly enough I don't remember being stuck in this level, but seeing your efforts I can't really see anything wrong in what you're doing. Maybe try pushing on more aggressively instead of always returning back when the enemies charge at you? My only thought is that this bridge is starting to claim World War 1 level of casualties.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
The final part is a real crapshoot, but I think you're getting there guys! The key is to first bait the couple of soldiers on the right, they have to be dead before rushing in. Then wait for a clumped wave, and launch every single bazooka at them, push in and hope you can tag the buildings as well. You need a real rolling barrage to kill a wave fast enough to push in close enough.

The good news is that most missions aren't this chaotic. Usually figuring out a good approach is enough to turn things from an explosion chaos into a methodical advance.

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8
Yeah, I'm really hoping we can catch a lil break soon cause we won't be able to hold out like this for the remaining 50 or however many phases.

Just barging in there accompanied by a swarm of rockets is probably the way to go but I don't know if Dvid has* it in him. We'll see.

*We have a few more episodes pre-recorded but I honestly don't remember what happens in the next one

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8
No comment.

Part 12: MASOCHIST

Panboy
May 20, 2010

Le'me tell ya'll about them Apples.
I cant wait till you get to the hard part of mission 8

Also You can choose how much explosives you split between your squads by clicking on them, none No Border, all Solid Border and half Dashed Border.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Panboy posted:

Can't even tell if you're joking or if there's more to the hell of this level.

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8

Panboy posted:

Also You can choose how much explosives you split between your squads by clicking on them, none No Border, all Solid Border and half Dashed Border.
This will come in handy during our next recording session. For now you'll have to suffer through the bumbling. Also I hope to god you are loving joking about the hard part

Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets.

Part 13: APATHY TO THE MAX

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
When you are splitting up your men, your grenades and rockets get a yellow dotted outline. Can you interact with that to tell your guy how many rockets and nades to take with them when they split off?

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8
Yeah, Yohan and Panboy have pointed it out above. Unfortunately we didn't figure that out in the last session (we record in bulk for scheduling reasons), so that'll have to wait :v:

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Veloxyll posted:

Can't even tell if you're joking or if there's more to the hell of this level.

AAAAhahahahha! Ahem. Phase 3 isn't that bad, honestly.

Let's not talk about phase 4 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8
I'm afraid Phase 4 is gonna have to wait. :classiclol:

Part 14: THE TREE FLEW AWAY

Not only because we're incompetent at games, but also at scheduling. Dvid is doing a bunch of exams, and I couldn't make a guest series happen for June, plus my girlfriend and I are taking a vacation, so the channel is gonna be on a little break. If you're following us on YouTube or Twitter you might have seen that I posted a channel update with some details just now.

We'll be back in July to try and finish this son of a bitch. Thank you for following so far!

Shameless plug: If you miss our beautiful accents at any point in June, feel free to go through our backlog of videos, and if you enjoy our unintelligible grunts don't forget to subscribe (For FREE! Today only!! Call now), because making numbers go bigger is a very important life goal for us.

Series playlists:

• Locked thread