Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

hahaha human being thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jellidelic posted:

hahaha human being thread

It took me a while to figure the anime girls on your avatar aren't loving on a couch

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
How is the marketing campaign going Geoff?

Great, so far we have used two thirds of our budgets and places adverts everywhere we could find, and our viral marketing campaign is really getting some traction on twitter.

Sounds great! So what do this mean in practice? What's the bottom line Geoff?

Well our estimates are that our adverts have been seen by three million SOE (or sets of eyes) which we have estimated of which 80% will now be brand aware and 40% will have us as a brand preference. Research from our sales data shoes that about 1 in 10 brand preference customers will use our stores, leading to an increase in sales of approximately 150,000 extra sales.

Great work! And what was that you said about twitter?

Oh well well our online social marketing campaign is really ramping up with customer interactions up by 500 instances per day. Twitter users are generally trend leaders and early adopters so gaining their support is key to succeeding in this market.

Great work everyone!

*Company goes bankrupt three weeks later*

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

*tweets twice daily*

*works 20 hours a week*

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

*tweets twice daily*

*works 20 hours a week*

I'm the Flinstones bird that says "ot's a living" haha

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Listen, I'm not the only bright eyed JC dropout turned "self-educated" media master you've met in these interviews today. I know this.
But I have something other media experts don't bring to the table.
It was more or less the birth of this viral gag reaction internet we know today. It's a real quiet giant, an ace up the sleeve.
It's like having the freemasons of the internet as a core audience, every member of which brings their own savvy and following along with them.
Can't tell you where, the beauty is in the secret, but I can say... if you hire me, this company is protected

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

[real sarcastically] journalism degree

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I'm going to spend the next hour approving internal e-mails while adding paragraphs explaining which hashtags we encourage our employees to use over the next few weeks.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
jeez, man. even a gamestop employee has more utility than you! :(

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I'm leading a steering committee on setting up a new internal social media network for employees. Despite having $500k to spend on this and sending out weekly status updates to the entire company, the IT guys just work in gyra, the sales guys are all 50 year old smokers with trucker tans, and the office staff are mostly worried that they'll have to have their security badge pic on it.

I could afford to pay for sex but I'm so disgusted with myself I cannot imagine the touch of another feeling good. I live in America.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I'm leading a steering committee on setting up a new internal social media network for employees. Despite having $500k to spend on this and sending out weekly status updates to the entire company, the IT guys just work in gyra, the sales guys are all 50 year old smokers with trucker tans, and the office staff are mostly worried that they'll have to have their security badge pic on it.

I could afford to pay for sex but I'm so disgusted with myself I cannot imagine the touch of another feeling good. I live in America.

we'll develop an internal social network to keep clear and accessible lines between all our employess, tell em they'll have freedom if they telecommute. freedom to work from home, in the car, out in the park, wherever!
work'll set em fuckin free alright

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I know a girl who is a social media girl and she is insufferable

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Kitchner posted:

How is the marketing campaign going Geoff?

Great, so far we have used two thirds of our budgets and places adverts everywhere we could find, and our viral marketing campaign is really getting some traction on twitter.

Sounds great! So what do this mean in practice? What's the bottom line Geoff?

Well our estimates are that our adverts have been seen by three million SOE (or sets of eyes) which we have estimated of which 80% will now be brand aware and 40% will have us as a brand preference. Research from our sales data shoes that about 1 in 10 brand preference customers will use our stores, leading to an increase in sales of approximately 150,000 extra sales.

Great work! And what was that you said about twitter?

Oh well well our online social marketing campaign is really ramping up with customer interactions up by 500 instances per day. Twitter users are generally trend leaders and early adopters so gaining their support is key to succeeding in this market.

Great work everyone!

*Company goes bankrupt three weeks later*

This was literally me when I was the "social media manager." Just throw some numbers out and hope your boss was as technology incompetent as mine. I'm pretty sure I could have said something like "Well the data flux is showing an increase in online profiles per modem cycle so the bottom line is we should expect an increase in the online manifold. Basically, this is a huge success!" and he would have bought it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You said the word "slack" to me and I broke down. Sobbing, tears and mucous running down my face. I'm sorry about that. I'm sorry about a lot of things. You asked, once, if I had Facebook. I said I "didn't do" social media at home. You wonder what I know. You wonder if you should know it. You're happy. I envy that.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Jellidelic posted:

we'll develop an internal social network to keep clear and accessible lines between all our employess, tell em they'll have freedom if they telecommute. freedom to work from home, in the car, out in the park, wherever!
work'll set em fuckin free alright

This tool will help our company of ~300 people very quickly identify who can help them solve problems!

*quietly deletes all copies of the org chart*

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Just do it like all the other tech companies here in orlando: pick one of your employees (that are all 1099s that you pay $18k/year and expect to work 40hrs/week, even harassing the poor design girl to drop out of college so she can dedicate more unpaid hours to your lovely company), and just add it on to their already crushing responsibility load.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

FactsAreUseless posted:

You said the word "slack" to me and I broke down. Sobbing, tears and mucous running down my face. I'm sorry about that. I'm sorry about a lot of things. You asked, once, if I had Facebook. I said I "didn't do" social media at home. You wonder what I know. You wonder if you should know it. You're happy. I envy that.

i can digg it

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

unpacked robinhood posted:

It took me a while to figure the anime girls on your avatar aren't loving on a couch

We can never have nice things

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i work for nakatomi plaza

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
im gay

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

dad gay. so what posted:

i work for nakatomi plaza

c u at the xmas party

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I am the social media guy. I sit in an office and you are not certain what I do. Sometimes I speak, enthusiastically, at meetings, about Twitter. There is no light in my eyes. There is no life in my eyes. I am the social media guy. I am 25. I look 35. I am tired. So tired. I am the social media guy. I know my job is fake. You know my job is fake. My bosses know my job is fake. Why don't they fire me? Why am I here? Nothing I do is quantifiable. It is superstition. I am the social media guy. A totem, an offering to new media by desperate men. My purpose is abstract. You never see me do anything. I am always on my phone. Is it my job? I am the social media guy. One day, I will be gone. Nothing will change.

could be worse, could be regular marketing

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

the office staff are mostly worried that they'll have to have their security badge pic on it.

well what are you doing about it eh?

because mine is awful

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

JiveHonky posted:

c u at the xmas party

The security guards weren't invited

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The security guards weren't invited

now i have a machine gun

ho ho ho

Lord Humongus
Apr 10, 2009

ice ice baby :toot:
i am social media guy
snap (snap fingers)
is the sound my neck would make if i could die
i am social media guy
why try

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Hello, I am the PR representative of your company, but I am really just a glorified blogger who runs your company's Twitter. I am well into adulthood, but I still act (and post) like I'm in high school. I cannot do anything, including my job, without injecting my childish personal politics into it, and I constantly get into arguments online using your company's profiles. Any time someone complains about your company, its products, or my conduct, I respond with the kind of immaturity that would make a normal adult wince in embarrassment.

Eventually, my immaturity and terrible judgement will lead to my very public firing. Despite a small group of emasculated Internet losers trying to make a big deal out of this, I will be easily replaced and forgotten.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Command Ant posted:

Hello, I am the PR representative of your company, but I am really just a glorified blogger who runs your company's Twitter. I am well into adulthood, but I still act (and post) like I'm in high school. I cannot do anything, including my job, without injecting my childish personal politics into it, and I constantly get into arguments online using your company's profiles. Any time someone complains about your company, its products, or my conduct, I respond with the kind of immaturity that would make a normal adult wince in embarrassment.

Eventually, my immaturity and terrible judgement will lead to my very public firing. Despite a small group of emasculated Internet losers trying to make a big deal out of this, I will be easily replaced and forgotten.

Hi if you're skinny I will probably want to kiss you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavitron
Sep 11, 2001

One of the downsides of being special is that you feel out of place wherever you go.
Pillbug
OP, you should get your social media professional certification, you can't just half rear end this stuff on the internets, that's how you get half-baked memes and such like. Make sure to get a respectable, professional certification, so that you can be professionally certified. the good certifications come with a link and a badge, you see, like this. We can't let just any old college intern with a smartphone send those tweets!

• Locked thread