Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Dr.Caligari posted:

Nothing new to report per say, but earlier in October someone distributed a 12-page newspaper calling itself "The Dirty Badge" that was basically accusations about Sheriff Reader's past wrongdoings.

I won't list all of the accusations, but here are some highlights:

-While on duty at the Waverly Police Department, Charles Reader was accused of breaking into pop machines and stealing money. (This is a long standing local rumor)
-Greg Ford, who filed the complaint about the pop machines, was disciplined for filing an unfounded report.
-Charles Reader took emergency radios purchased with a grant that was meant only for fire departments. (This is true, and the Sheriff department owes $47k back)
-Charles Reader was accused of sexually harassing female employees and fired from the Ross County Juvenile Detention Center. (Reader was hired by the JDC on Oct. 31, 1995, and fired on Jan. 26, 1996, having not made it through the probation period. Records from his personnel file noted he was "not the right fit" and there were "too many questions."Notes in his file indicate a female employee requested not to work with him)
-Charles Reader was sued in small claims court in 1995 by a Gallipolis business and issued an arrest warrant for not paying. (True)
-Joel Jenkins was placed back on active duty by Charles Reader without the required psychological testing after a police-involved shooting.
-Reader hired several people who were laid off by other law enforcement. Coincidentally, all for sexual harassment

Link to full article and more accusations.

The good news is that it seems like AG Dewine almost completely shut-out the Pike Co SO once they arrived on the murder scene that day. The bad news is... it's Dewine's BCI.

You can't make this stuff up.

Diet Dew and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Dr.Caligari posted:

Nothing new to report per say, but earlier in October someone distributed a 12-page newspaper calling itself "The Dirty Badge" that was basically accusations about Sheriff Reader's past wrongdoings.

I won't list all of the accusations, but here are some highlights:

-While on duty at the Waverly Police Department, Charles Reader was accused of breaking into pop machines and stealing money. (This is a long standing local rumor)
-Greg Ford, who filed the complaint about the pop machines, was disciplined for filing an unfounded report.
-Charles Reader took emergency radios purchased with a grant that was meant only for fire departments. (This is true, and the Sheriff department owes $47k back)
-Charles Reader was accused of sexually harassing female employees and fired from the Ross County Juvenile Detention Center. (Reader was hired by the JDC on Oct. 31, 1995, and fired on Jan. 26, 1996, having not made it through the probation period. Records from his personnel file noted he was "not the right fit" and there were "too many questions."Notes in his file indicate a female employee requested not to work with him)
-Charles Reader was sued in small claims court in 1995 by a Gallipolis business and issued an arrest warrant for not paying. (True)
-Joel Jenkins was placed back on active duty by Charles Reader without the required psychological testing after a police-involved shooting.
-Reader hired several people who were laid off by other law enforcement. Coincidentally, all for sexual harassment

Link to full article and more accusations.

The good news is that it seems like AG Dewine almost completely shut-out the Pike Co SO once they arrived on the murder scene that day. The bad news is... it's Dewine's BCI.
we sure picked a winner. Jesus H christ

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I don't buy for one second that a law enforcement officer could be corrupt. This is America

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Anderron Shi posted:

You can't make this stuff up.

Diet Dew and all.

From his press conference just the other day..

lol

Do they sponsor him or what

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

After 6 months of silence, Reader posted this to his facebook page. A week before election none the less...

Sheriff Reader posted:

Mr. Jody Barr, Chanel 19, the Cincinnati Enquirer, and Chillicothe Gazette

I was appointed the Sheriff of Pike County, Ohio in May 2015. I was the only one to step up when our Sheriff stepped down. I took the reins, I accepted the responsibility, I stood tall through it all, the bad, the tragic, and the most horrifying things that's ever happened. I organized and logistically dealt with nearly 700 men and woman of law enforcement, ran my office, a mobile command dispatch center, and an investigative command center in times never faced by any man before me. Ego? None! I called upon the best professionals that were available in the State of Ohio. They answered the call and came from everywhere. BCI, CRIME SCENE, SHERIFF'S, DEPUTIES, INVESTIGATORS, FBI, if we needed it, we found it. Are we there yet? No. Closer? Yes. Will we solve the Rhoden/Gilley murders? No doubt in my mind, body, or soul. Property and evidence secure enough for trial? No question about it. The norm? Process the crime scene and leave. Leave the homes, leave the cars, leave all those sentimental items, leave all those valuable assets, LEAVE, be done, gone... Did we do that? Did we Mr. Jody Barr with Channel 19 and your expert? "NO" We went above and beyond anything imaginable.... That's right, we took the homes, the cars, the property, "WE DID NOT LEAVE IT !!' Hear me, we took it, we did things that no one, hear me???? NO ONE has done before.... While you try to make a name for yourself in the media world with your pathetic misguided stories, I have one.... It's Sheriff "Charlie" Reader of Pike County, Ohio. A proud Sheriff, a caring Sheriff, a Sheriff that worked around the clock to do the right thing. No, not for you Mr. Barr but for the 8 people murdered in cold blood. Do you hear me Mr. Barr? Was you there, did you see it, feel it, the pain, the hurt, the things that will never leave my or many others mind that are involved. Did you live it? Did you lose a family member? Are you being a victim every time media comes to town to remind you of that horrific day? "NO!!!" So while your trying to manipulate a family in distress that lost 8 loved ones, while you try to make a name for yourself with the blood of 8, hear me??? 8 human lives lost, we are working, day, night, any hour called upon to solve the most horrific event in our lives and those of the victims family. Do you sleep Mr. Barr? When was the last time you were up all night in your suit and shiny shoes? Oh, I forgot... Trying to film a Sheriff doing all that he can for a county he loves and 8 victims of a homicide. We are their voice, We work for them!!!! We care about them, not your part 1, part 2, or part 3 or 4 of the chopped up edited garbage your reporting. Was you there last night? Did you see me? Did you see my Chief Deputy, my Major, Waverly Police K-9, or my undercover unit? Must have been one of those days where we were there and you were not. When I heard over our radio that an alarm was sounding at a residence and the address was given.... Would you have known the last name of the person that lived there? I did, it's Rhoden. Did I go? Was I there? Did we get there quick enough for you? I was the Sheriff still out in my truck that knew exactly who needed help in my county, the one with the lights and sirens on thinking I can't get there fast enough, watching out for motorist, the safety of myself and others as I race with my men and women and other local law enforcement to check. So, Mr. Barr with Chanel 19 out of Cincinnati, you missed it. You were not here. You did not get the story nor are you attempting to interview anyone today. Your not knocking on doors demanding answers are you? Your not here asking my citizens about anything bad they know on me, of me, the Rhodens, Gilleys, where are you? Home? I hope, I pray that your with your family today and that you can hear them, touch them, laugh with them, enjoy more memories being made. As I sit here in my office, I pray that you someday get that story, that break, be the leading journalist in the world. When you make it big my friend, will you be ready? Will your family be by your side? Will your shoulders be big enough to withstand everything, to face tragedy, to live up to expectation, to not fold or show emotion when your insides are screaming because of what you witness or see a family go through? I pray, I pray with everything in my soul that you will. I can promise you this Mr. Barr and channel 19, the Rhodens, Gilleys, and Manleys, their friends, and neighbors and especially their Sheriff, my staff, and BCI want answers and will solve this case but we don't need you to do it. I give you 4 hours of my time and the only guilt that I have is that I can never get it back and it would have been much better spent on trying to find killers, not to accommodate you.

PS. I challenged you and the rest of the media in raising more money for the reward on information leading to an arrest and conviction of those responsible for the death of 8 human beings. Where is that story?

Sincerely,

Sheriff Charlie Reader, Pike County, Ohio

How do you really feel Reader.. He should knows how the media works, I don't think this faux outburst will help. But then again, Pike county..

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 31, 2016

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Dr.Caligari posted:

Was you there

naem
May 29, 2011

Yall ain't gots no reason what tah complain bout, he done locked all them cars and poo poo up real good like

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

"it is what it is" - man paid six digits to ensure the safety of his community's quads and weed farms

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Motherfucker needs to learn how structure a god drat written work. Just pick random paragraphs for fucks sake I'm not reading that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

satanic splash-back posted:

"it is what it is" - man paid six digits to ensure the safety of his community's quads and weed farms

One of his opponents key points is that if elected, he will be the first Pike Co Sheriff to hold a college degree

• Locked thread