Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the title fights?
This poll is closed.
JBJ and Mighty Mouse 42 76.36%
OSP and Mighty Mouse 7 12.73%
JBJ and Cejudo 2 3.64%
OSP and Cejudo 4 7.27%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

I mean it could be worse. When I finally started regularly watching, I was psyched about the main event of my first live UFC show because everybody was hyping up this Anderson Silva fella

Long story short it was 112, I got to see him fight Maia, and I've hated him and life ever since

When i was like 17 i got all my friends to drive 7 hours in a van to Quebec for the UFC where Anderson silva fought Thales Leites, and then drove home immediately after, reflecting on that fight as the sun came up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Did you people forget that Pantera had a jump kick KO and Whittaker got his leg torn up and had a broken hand while beating the poo poo out of Natal and Pettis got brutalized for 3 rounds?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbXju9DI_Fg

post fight presser. Not worth tuning into other than the first question asked to Dana should be if Jones vs Cormier 2 is official for UFC 200.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

manyak posted:

When i was like 17 i got all my friends to drive 7 hours in a van to Quebec for the UFC where Anderson silva fought Thales Leites, and then drove home immediately after, reflecting on that fight as the sun came up

lol

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Mesmerized posted:

that's gotta be the most honest jones interview I've seen

He knew it was a poo poo fight. I know it's not popular on here but I think the dude got humbled and probably isn't pretending.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
The Brazil card is the one you want to show casuals. That card looks insane. :stare:

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

vulvamancer posted:

He knew it was a poo poo fight. I know it's not popular on here but I think the dude got humbled and probably isn't pretending.

Give him some time to get back to ABQ and tweet while doing rails, that's his normal, the person he actually is by preference

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

My only UFC show in person was the steaming pile of poo poo that was Mir/Crocop. Tonight's main event was at least better than that.

The Brazil show looks wicked awesome, though.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

EvanSchenck posted:

Give him some time to get back to ABQ and tweet while doing rails, that's his normal, the person he actually is by preference

I have it on good authority Cormier is going to be seeding the entire town with pregnant women drivers at every stoplight.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

EvanSchenck posted:

ok nevermind you don't need to give him any time he is on top of it immediately

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

The Brazil card is the one you want to show casuals. That card looks insane. :stare:

I am so loving insanely excited for that card. Fuuuhuuuck. And I just saw that apparently big nog is fighting that night. So many big names it's insane.

mewse
May 2, 2006

EvanSchenck posted:

ok nevermind you don't need to give him any time he is on top of it immediately

I was actually hoping Jones would listen to Cormier's respectful commentating of the bout and show respect in kind but here we are

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Who was that to?

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Who was that to?

Cormier.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Daniel Cormier

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Who was that to?

loving really?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Jon Jones has now mastered the art of ruining his own special night. What a talent.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/724110578503950336

Can he commit hit and run with a wheelchair instead of a car

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

One thing I didn't understand was why Jones let OSP stand up after he dumped him mid ring. I thought he was going to pound him into submission then when he couldn't use the cage. Is there a good reason to let him stand up and go another couple minutes to the final bell?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Cool to see Cejudo calm in defeat.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Sharzak posted:

I am so loving insanely excited for that card. Fuuuhuuuck. And I just saw that apparently big nog is fighting that night. So many big names it's insane.

PLEASE BE loving WRONG

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

PLEASE BE loving WRONG

pretty sure he's thinking of lil nog, who has been booked to fight durkin cummins on that card for months. Big Nog hasn't come out of retirement.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I am wrong and am sorry

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
https://vine.co/v/iUJvnHXVqOq

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

pretty sure he's thinking of lil nog, who has been booked to fight durkin cummins on that card for months. Big Nog hasn't come out of retirement.

I thought Dana White pretty much told Big Nog "no more dude" and wouldn't book him anymore.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
at least this crappy jones performance makes the cormier rematch a little bit more interesting

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just catching up on the fights now. DJ absolutely murking Cejudo was brilliant and I'm glad he had such a crowd pleasing performance against HIS GREATEST THREAT YET on such a big PPV.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

So I didn't watch anything from yesterday outside of OSP/Jones. I've seen the MM finish and the flying kick KO. Anything else of note?

I gotta give it to OSP for fighting for 3 rounds with a broken arm. I think there were a couple of times in round 2 before the break he tagged Jones and bones looked rocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

• Locked thread