Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
I'm looking for essentially a digital ledger that will allow me to do the following:

- Add multiple accounts and then add deposits/deductions to them as I spend
- Allow me to "check off" deposits/deductions as they're actually posted to the account, the app should show two balances: 1. Current 2. Reconciled (I get paid every 2 weeks and I'd like to just add deductions on payday for everything that will be coming out of that paycheck)
- Allow me to categorize entries (ex. Food, Clothing, Gas, etc)
- Generate spending reports (by category) for specific timeframes (not just "1 month" or "1 week" but specific, like 11 May to 18 Jun)
- Allow me to split single deductions into multiple categories (if I spend $50 at Target, maybe $35 of it was on groceries and the rest was on butt wipes)
- Set budgets and track spending within each aforementioned category

I used to use an app called iReconcile that would do all this (minus the budget feature), but it appears to no longer be getting updates.

I actually prefer manually entering each transaction, so I don't need something automated like Mint.

Does this app exist!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

central posted:

I'm looking for essentially a digital ledger that will allow me to do the following:

- Add multiple accounts and then add deposits/deductions to them as I spend
- Allow me to "check off" deposits/deductions as they're actually posted to the account, the app should show two balances: 1. Current 2. Reconciled (I get paid every 2 weeks and I'd like to just add deductions on payday for everything that will be coming out of that paycheck)
- Allow me to categorize entries (ex. Food, Clothing, Gas, etc)
- Generate spending reports (by category) for specific timeframes (not just "1 month" or "1 week" but specific, like 11 May to 18 Jun)
- Allow me to split single deductions into multiple categories (if I spend $50 at Target, maybe $35 of it was on groceries and the rest was on butt wipes)
- Set budgets and track spending within each aforementioned category

I used to use an app called iReconcile that would do all this (minus the budget feature), but it appears to no longer be getting updates.

I actually prefer manually entering each transaction, so I don't need something automated like Mint.

Does this app exist!?

YNAB will do all that. I still use YNAB4, so I'm not sure, but I believe the new one will do all that on the phone (with 4, you need to set budgets on the computer). Here's the thread to ask: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599364

• Locked thread