Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Gonna have to wait a bit longer to suck it down OP: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/04/29/john-romero-kickstarter-cancelled-for-gameplay-demo/

quote:

John Romero and Adrian Carmack have cancelled their Kickstarter for Blackroom, four days after launching it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Bill Pullman and Idris Elba stand on random poo poo from the prop depeartment

"the bitchening has been cancelled!"

*thread cheers*

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
That's what you get for pitching a Kickstarter without so much as alpha gameplay footage. The low hanging KS fruit are picked clean, you gotta work for it a little harder these days.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mods please namechange to John Romero Rose

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
So is Adrian Carmack john's retarded brother?

Junkyard Dog
Jun 1, 2000

dogproblem

notZaar posted:

That's what you get for pitching a Kickstarter without so much as alpha gameplay footage. The low hanging KS fruit are picked clean, you gotta work for it a little harder these days.

Yeah, I'd be willing to give Romero the benefit of a doubt, but not quite the benefit of a dollar at this point.

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time

notZaar posted:

131k in four days is not bad at all, they'll certainly surpass their goal if a playable demo can get people hyped.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

jBrereton posted:

So is Adrian Carmack john's retarded brother?

No relation. Adrian Carmack was the artist for Doom.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

while we're on the topic of FPS games whose best days are 15 years in the past, i think it's hilarious that the new Doom uses a song by Refused in its commercials. new Doom will be just as lovely as the new Refused album

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

I like how in new games they have to make the enemies flash so you can see them in dark hallways instead of just using colours other then grey and green to make them stand out against the environment. Everything needs to be dark. Groping around in the dark is fun!

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I've been waiting for almost 20 years to be John Romero's bitch and now he bails after a few days? What does it take to be sodomized by John Romero?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

RVWinkle posted:

I've been waiting for almost 20 years to be John Romero's bitch and now he bails after a few days? What does it take to be sodomized by John Romero?

Be a Romanian half his age I guess. :shrug:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

JB50 posted:

Be a Romanian half his age I guess. :shrug:

Nice!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Is he still with that mail-order bride?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Entropic posted:

Is he still with that mail-order bride?

Why don't you ask his current wife - https://twitter.com/br

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Why don't you ask his current wife - https://twitter.com/br

Nope, I'm wrong, he's still with brenda

Autechresaint fucked around with this message at 23:58 on May 6, 2016

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Holy poo poo, she's comparing John Romero to Pablo Picasso.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well he is a great man who created art beloved by thousands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
He really should have gone with that Pettington Park reboot...

• Locked thread