Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Aurora posted:

I'm laughing at how salty Blues posters are about winning. It was a fun series.

There are like 3 good Blues posters. The rest just poo poo up the threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

MisterBibs posted:

Hawks fans are upset, and I am pleased.

I'm not, though. :confused:

We knew this would be a down year after having to endure cap hell at the end of last season. We pushed a better team to 7 games, and I'm okay with that.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

We knew this would be a down year after having to endure cap hell at the end of last season. We pushed a better team to 7 games, and I'm okay with that.

Yeah, that's pretty much my view of it. It would have been nice to win the series, but I had no illusions that the Hawks were going to win the Cup this year.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

RC Cola posted:

There are like 3 good Blues posters. The rest just poo poo up the threads

bewbies, ???, ????

Hawks put up a good fight despite being a flawed team this year and I really cant complain. I know youre expecting frothing rage but sometimes hockey is fun even when you lose. :shobon:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, that's pretty much my view of it. It would have been nice to win the series, but I had no illusions that the Hawks were going to win the Cup this year.

They don't know how to enjoy success, only misery. Let them celebrate like they know how

ktonastya
Aug 23, 2006

I'm afraid I just "blue" myself

That was a wonderful game to watch, and I'm still sitting here stunned that we didn't manage to horribly gently caress it up in the last minute. Now if Tarasenko could be out on the ice more against the Stars that would be just loving amazing.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

bewbies, ???, ????

Hawks put up a good fight despite being a flawed team this year and I really cant complain. I know youre expecting frothing rage but sometimes hockey is fun even when you lose. :shobon:

VJeff is ok too

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Furnaceface posted:

I know youre expecting frothing rage but sometimes hockey is fun even when you lose. :shobon:

3 Cups in the past 6 years also helps soften the blow.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

RC Cola posted:

VJeff is ok too

He's a Detroit fan though

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Troy Queef posted:

He's a Detroit fan though

Eh, he's a Blues fan like I'm a Cats fan. My east team, his west team. I want to have faith that the Blues have good posters

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Some Blackhawks posters say "we" when referring to the team which I'd like to beat out of you. The Blues posters spazzy tendencies are endlessly entertaining though.

onemillionzombies fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 26, 2016

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Congrats to the Blues, great win. Now I hope they get bombed to hell by the stars

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

onemillionzombies posted:

Some Blackhawks say "we" when referring to the team which I'd like to beat out of you. The Blues posters spazzy tendencies are endlessly entertaining though.

Are you talking about blackhawks fans or blackhawks because obviously the blackhawks will say "we"

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Nail Rat posted:

Are you talking about blackhawks fans or blackhawks because obviously the blackhawks will say "we"

Well Shaw won't be able to soon :O

I meant posters.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

RC Cola posted:

Eh, he's a Blues fan like I'm a Cats fan. My east team, his west team. I want to have faith that the Blues have good posters

lmao what, since when ha VJeff said one good thing about the Blues independent of them playing the Hawks?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mike_V posted:

lmao what, since when ha VJeff said one good thing about the Blues independent of them playing the Hawks?

I think he had a toxx once where he had to say good things about TJ Oshie in every post?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

This was a better chance than next year, though. Hawis lost Shaw, a number of prospects, and a lot of picks. Next year they should be competitive but I don't see a couple D coming from anywhere.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Mike_V posted:

OK I may have been thinking of you. My bad. You're a good poster too. And shadow Ninja 64
Also sorry about buying you that avatar

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

here lies toews
he never scored

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

gently caress chicago

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/jprutherford/status/724811585299058688

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Concurred posted:

here lies toews
he never scored

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

If you want both, you call Evgeni loving Malkin

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k

Some Blackhawks posters say "we" when referring to the team which I'd like to beat out of you. The Blues posters spazzy tendencies are endlessly entertaining though.

Such a stupid nitpick. I can't speak for everyone but I know often use "we" when talking about the team I support because it makes conversations flow better than constantly saying "the Stars" or "the team." Probably also a carry over from talking about them with other fans in the area.

My point is, I've heard a lot of people nitpick about fans using "we" and sometimes it has nothing to do with delusions of somehow helping your favorite athlete in a sport. Anyone sporting a twelfth man mentality is kinda broken.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

http://grantland.com/features/what-do-mean-we/

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k
I won't argue about self righteous fans who think they make a difference, but it's still a dumb nitpick on a similar level as a grammar nazi. Who gives a poo poo?

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

On the give-a-poo poo meter, 10 being dark blood in my stool and 1 being NBA basketball, I'd rate this a 3.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k
Fair enough

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Do I still get to say "we" when referring to the Packers since I own part of the team?

Seriously though, considering the fact that teams try to market the idea that fans are important and want them to feel like they're part of the team using "we" is 100% understandable.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Apr 26, 2016

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Infidel Castro posted:

Do I still get to say "we" when referring to the Packers since I own part of the team?

nah, that writer is an rear end in a top hat

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Infidel Castro posted:

Seriously though, considering the fact that teams try to market the idea that fans are important and want them to feel like they're part of the team using "we" is 100% understandable.

Yes as you are technically a participant rather than an observer.

A large number of clubs spend a massive chunk of money and no shortage of effort trying to integrate themselves within the community. I don't buy it when people say that a fan who buys season tickets isn't trying to integrate themselves within the club.

To put it another way, when a fan gets fired because he has lost the support of the club, it's really because the club is poo poo scared fans and sponsors are going to stop being fans and sponsors because the team is dogshit. Isn't the threat of that participating?

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 26, 2016

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Schlesische posted:

Yes as you are technically a participant rather than an observer.

What if I throw stuff on the ice? Or at the executive suite?

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Flyers fans can definitely say we, they're taking penalties for the team after all.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

grack posted:

What if I throw stuff on the ice? Or at the executive suite?

You're technically still observing, just like a person who throws pizza at the TV.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Flyers fans can definitely say we, they're taking penalties for the team after all.

Too bad I was a healthy scratch that day.

Ultimately it's a matter of semantics and nobody other than insufferable pricks actually care about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

From my experience people who constantly say "we, our, us" etc when talking about their favorite team are usually the worst sports fans who've never competed in anything and are way too emotionally invested in something they really have nothing to do with. Basically Blues fans.

I only specifically called out Blackhawks fans here because I want an excuse to hit them.

• Locked thread