Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Problem description:
My media PC is restarting and booting into the BIOS with no storage devices showing.

Attempted fixes:
I disconnected and reconnected the SSD, and it booted normally after. Then the next day the same thing happened again. This time I just turned it off for a minute and it started up normally. Restarting doesn't work. It needs to power off and back on.

The event viewer just says it stopped responding, crashed or lost power unexpectedly.

Recent changes: Have you made any changes to your system/configuration recently that might have caused the problem?
No changes.

Operating system:
Windows 10 Pro

System specs:
ASRock H97M Anniversary LGA 1150 Intel H97
G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
Intel Core i5-4690K
OCZ ARC 100 2.5" 240GB
Gigabyte R7 260X
SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W

I have Googled and read the FAQ:
Yes, but I can't find anything specifically where the system comes back to life.

My first instinct is to replace the SSD since OCZ is garbage. I have a Samsung EVO in another computer that's only being used for steam games. I'm guessing the next most likely issue would be the motherboard and then maybe the power supply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Yeah replace the garbage SSD with one that can actually work and see what happens.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Last Sunday I installed the Samsung SSD which was a huge hassle because I'm apparently no longer "good with computers," and this week I've had no problems.

• Locked thread