Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Pathfinder Adventures is a video game adaptation, made by Obisidian, of the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, a cooperative card game that plays more like an RPG than most card games. As you play through multiple scenarios across a campaign, you build up bonuses and an increasingly customized deck for your character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq6YGp5Kbko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC2xfxl1rSQ

Pathfinder Adventures supports both single-player and local multiplayer modes. It works in a F2P model: you can unlock things a piece at a time by playing through the game, or pay real moneys to unlock a bunch of things one box set at a time. This isn't a P2W model, as you still have to beat challenges with your character to upgrade your character and their deck; it just lets you use gameplay to get your grubby mitts on cards that'd come in a paid box in real life.

The game is currently available for iOS and Android.

Roadie fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer
I like the title the way it is now.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

El Cid posted:

I like the title the way it is now.

That title should go to something more deserving of it, like Superman 64.

Edit: For people new to the thread wondering what this is about, I somehow left off the "Competition" when I first posted.

Roadie fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 30, 2016

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Gonna check this out, pathfinder acg is really drat fun. Do they have all the expansion decks including class decks, etc.?

e: it seems to only have local multiplayer? kinda lame

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Apr 30, 2016

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I'm going to jump on this as soon as it comes out on something I can actually play it on. Hopefully they add online multiplayer by then.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Online multiplayer will supposedly be coming at some point. I'd guess that at a minimum they'll have it up and running before they do a Steam release.

Also,

Gegil posted:

It's buggy at the moment. Quest mode doesn't work so you can't grind out the unlocks. The Devs believe they have a fix that will drop in the next patch

sonofsunaj
Mar 16, 2009
Is there any kind of guild system?

Edit: Nevermind. Started playing it, misunderstood how multiplayer worked.

sonofsunaj fucked around with this message at 09:35 on May 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Got this on my phone only to realize questing was bugged, possibly moreso on the phone version. At least it will be patched soon so I can go back to failing the first missions after the tutorial.

• Locked thread