Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Coldforge posted:

Shepard and Perkins could be really, really good, but yeah. An A's really high for them. On the other hand: they're New York, so they automatically get a bump in grade, and a B sounds about right.

Eli Apple could be a bright star but will more likely be a headache for years. I'm just so disappointed in the pick both from a philosophical approach of building a team and comparison to other CBs out there. I don't think a nickel corner that can potentially start is more valuable than solidfying your o-line or grabbing a great WR. Also not trading back when the guy obviously would have dropped is just a no-no.

The other picks were all pretty rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

warcrimes posted:

I love the tone deafness of the organization that just a few years ago had a dude murder his wife then shoot himself at the stadium. There is no other team in the league that should be avoiding DV guys more than KC.

It's really loving disgusting that they picked him up. Dorsey and Reid seemed to be insistent that this draft be full of dudes that need a lot of work and energy and they capped it off with a violent psychopath. It's just depressing.

Objectively, he's not ready for pro ball anyway. He's 5'10 180 so he's gonna get slaughtered on returns and if he's on offense. Imagine him catching a bad Smith screen and meeting Mack or Von Miller in the flat.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Hill barring whether or not he continues being a piece of poo poo will be a better Dante Hall

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

Because murder is much more extreme than DV

the Chiefs are associated with murder

Well yeah, I get that, but if you poll people that follow the NFL about which team can least afford to be associated with a rookie with a bad history of domestic violence, I'm sure the Ravens or the Cowboys would top the list.

I'm just trying to say that DV is so ubiquitous in the NFL that it doesn't matter which team drafts the monster. Jovan Belcher is somehow already a footnote.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Metapod posted:

Hill barring whether or not he continues being a piece of poo poo will be a better Dante Hall

I will not accept this trolling, sir.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Metapod posted:

Because he might be a real WR as well as a returner? Because saying he'll be a better returner is...kind of insane.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Well, the Bears' seventh round pick Daniel Braverman is an undersized Jewish fella who thinks latkes should be an everyday food, talks about himself in the third person, and has an incredibly awesome highlight reel of him owning the poo poo out of Ohio State while he was at Western Michigan, so I now have a favorite Bear if he makes the team.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Because he might be a real WR as well as a returner? Because saying he'll be a better returner is...kind of insane.

A tier below as a returner and an actual wr

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Parmesan Basil posted:

It's really loving disgusting that they picked him up. Dorsey and Reid seemed to be insistent that this draft be full of dudes that need a lot of work and energy and they capped it off with a violent psychopath. It's just depressing.

Objectively, he's not ready for pro ball anyway. He's 5'10 180 so he's gonna get slaughtered on returns and if he's on offense. Imagine him catching a bad Smith screen and meeting Mack or Von Miller in the flat.

You know what organization doesn't draft or sign women-beaters? The Las Vegas Raiders.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Latkes are really good. a potato and egg filled pancake is so good

edit: for those in the DMV try Anita's breakfast burritos.....potato, egg, salsa and cheese in a tortilla

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Blitz7x posted:

You know what organization doesn't draft or sign women-beaters? The Las Vegas Raiders.

It's true. We've succumbed.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Blitz7x posted:

Also the Los Angeles Chargers and the Denver Elways

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

fsif posted:

Well yeah, I get that, but if you poll people that follow the NFL about which team can least afford to be associated with a rookie with a bad history of domestic violence, I'm sure the Ravens or the Cowboys would top the list.

I'm just trying to say that DV is so ubiquitous in the NFL that it doesn't matter which team drafts the monster. Jovan Belcher is somehow already a footnote.
I don't think the Belcher thing is a footnote by any means, but I'm sure the NFL wishes the whole thing will go away forever because god drat they do not want to discuss it and CTE possibly having a role.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The midget Miami drafted to return kicks and punts is pretty drat shifty

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sean10mm posted:

+ They pretty much took nothing but positions of genuine need, only really missing on running back
+ I trust the Patriots when it comes to drafting fatties and linebackers, of which they took several
- Obligatory backup QB pick that will amount to nothing but future cheap trade bait that will somehow be spun as super genius manuvering
- Patriots absolutely can't draft wide receivers worth a single poo poo, but spend 2 picks on the position anyway. At this point why even loving bother?
- Obligatory weirdo small school DB/LB/WTF pick out of nowhere BECAUSE HE'S SO FAR AHEAD OF THE CURVE

So yeah, that's about right. A super generic Patriots draft if there ever was one. :effort:

That's pretty much how I feel. They spent their top pick on a (allegedly) good pass blocking guard, when OL help was pretty much the one glaring weakness on the team.

I'm fine with garbage crew at RB, since it's not like their job is hard if the OL play is decent. Probably would've rather had a 4th round RB instead of a WR, but whatever.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is there a "rate your team's draft" thread that I'm not seeing? I'll start one otherwise. It's important to have so that we can look back 3 years about it and laugh about it.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

seiferguy posted:

Is there a "rate your team's draft" thread that I'm not seeing? I'll start one otherwise. It's important to have so that we can look back 3 years about it and laugh about it.

Do it.

I always avoided posting in those threads because I don't know poo poo about college football and the draft is such a crapshoot, but this year I got a little jealous when everyone was looking back and I had no posts of my own to laugh at.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dion Jordan
Jamar Taylor
Will Davis
Jelani Jenkins
Dion Sims
Mike Gillislee
Caleb Sturgis
Don Jones

My god. When an inconsistent linebacker and a backup TE are your draft highlights you are looking bad. One of the worst drafts I've ever seen. At the time I really liked Will Davis, Gill, Sturgis, and Jenkins.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Eifert, GIO, and a good coverage safety. Bengals did well.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
1st round- Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama

2nd round- Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

3rd round- Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, UConn

3rd round- Zaviar Gooden, LB, Missouri

4th round- Brian Schwenke, C, Cal

5th round- Lavar Edwards, DE, LSU

6th round- Khalid Wooten, CB, Nevada

7th round- Daimion Stafford, S, Nebraska

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

fsif posted:

Do it.

I always avoided posting in those threads because I don't know poo poo about college football and the draft is such a crapshoot, but this year I got a little jealous when everyone was looking back and I had no posts of my own to laugh at.

I'm by no means an expert on the draft myself. It's really all for fun. I'll start writing one up.

• Locked thread