Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

maxhush posted:

His costume includes gloves, presumably for this very reason

Have you ever tried punching sheet metal as hard as you can even with leather gloves on?

DOESN'T WORK!

Also I have tried because I am tough and strong and cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am sitting in the theater about to watch this by myself because my wife has actual good taste in movies

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJvUTFVqwJQ

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
more like craptain rear end-flare...ica

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't even know why I'm here I watched the winter soldier yesterday and it wasn't even that good

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The estimated box office numbers for CA:CW's opening weekend are in and it's making a ridiculous amount of money

Scyantific posted:

Pre-liminary numbers are in for CW, estimated $181.1 million dollar opening weekend, making it the third highest Disney/Marvel opening on record. It basically doubled the opening weekend of Winter Soldier, and tripled the numbers for First Avenger.

.... and it's a really close third place, it's only $10m behind Avengers: Age of Ultron's opening weekend. It's also $15m ahead of Batman v Superman's opening. It's the fifth biggest opening weekend of all movies all time (unadjusted).

Plus it's already got half a billion international, and that's without the numbers from half the international markets (including China) which also opened this weekend. When those numbers come in it's international box office should be ahead of BvS's current international numbers.

It's also already beating The Incredible Hulk, Captain America: The First Avenger, Ant-Man and Thor's domestic totals and it's made roughly half as much as either Avengers films ended up making in total: CA:CW's current total is $678m and the Avengers films got $1.52b and $1.4b.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?view=main&id=avengers.htm&sort=opengross&order=DESC&p=.htm

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 8, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Even though I had to sit near the front, I loved this movie.

Goddamn. I'm gonna see it again.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it's fun and good

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

The movie could have used a scene where Zemo put a jar of piss on Black Panther's dad's desk before blowing him up

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ZDar Fan posted:

The movie could have used a scene where Zemo put a jar of piss on Black Panther's dad's desk before blowing him up

Maybe there's also going to be a R-rated 3 hour long directors cut of Civil War where they reinsert scenes like that

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Have you ever tried punching sheet metal as hard as you can even with leather gloves on?

DOESN'T WORK!

Also I have tried because I am tough and strong and cool

have you ever tried being a fictional super being in a fictional universe?

cuz they can just make poo poo up and it works fine

like captain america falling a dozen stories multiple times but, hey he fell on his unbreakable shield so like, he's fine i guess

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
AAAAAAAAAAACTUALLY HIS SHIELD IS MADE OF VIBRANIUM AND IT ABSORBS AND DISPERSES KINETIC ENERGY
:goonsay:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Flesh Forge posted:

AAAAAAAAAAACTUALLY HIS SHIELD IS MADE OF VIBRANIUM AND IT ABSORBS AND DISPERSES KINETIC ENERGY
:goonsay:

.... except when it doesn't, like when he bounces it off things. Except sometimes it doesn't bounce and it embeds itself half into things.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

.... except when it doesn't, like when he bounces it off things. Except sometimes it doesn't bounce and it embeds itself half into things.

even spiderman called the writers out on that poo poo

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

RaySmuckles posted:

even spiderman called the writers out on that poo poo

Next he needs to call them out on Ant Man's powers which sometimes leave an object with it's original density when it changes size and sometimes doesn't.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I liked this movie and I'm sorry if peop watched it and didn't have a good time because it's a good movie

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Is captain America a virgin in the movies

Like he starts off as a super scrawny guy nobody would gently caress

Then he gets all buff but he's immediately put in the army surrounded by dudes

He kisses the British lady, gets frozen, kisses her niece, and that's it

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CharlestonJew posted:

why do you think he and bucky are so close

this movie is way ahead of its time

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Cap pulls mad pussy without trying

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CharlestonJew posted:

Remember the blond waitress from Avengers?
She hunted that dick down, ripped it off with her vagina and scuttled back into the rubble of NYC.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Literally just finished it. Besides being a little wordy, it owned.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Wamdoodle posted:

Literally just finished it. Besides being a little wordy, it owned.

super friends fight was pretty cool, huh

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

CharlestonJew posted:

He spent like 6 months doing propaganda shows on tour all over the US before he convinces the government to actually let him fight and you can be sure he banged everything on two legs and probably some cows and large dogs too

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Turning into Cap Am made him a woman actually. He's had more pipe laid in him than Alaska.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

went in thinking this would be a ridiculous slog and I had become tired of this poo poo

Im not. this movie fuckin rules and the characters are all great/made sense. villain was hamfisted but was played well

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
movie was p good

be right back buying comics

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Peter Parker was a tool though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Movie was pretty boring. The fight sequences were cool, especially Captain America vs. Iron Man, but it was really hollow and pointless, I liked it because of reasons. Ant-Man and Spider-Man were cool, I loved Black Panther.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I said come in! posted:

Movie was pretty boring. The fight sequences were cool, especially Captain America vs. Iron Man, but it was really hollow and pointless, I liked it because of reasons. Ant-Man and Spider-Man were cool, I loved Black Panther.

everything is hollow and pointless if you think about it

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

RaySmuckles posted:

super friends fight was pretty cool, huh

It was :)

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Ehud posted:

everything is hollow and pointless if you think about it

agreed :smith:

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
It was really good but not great, somewhere between 3rd and 5th best marvel movie.

Biggest complaint is it had too many characters who contributed nothing to the movie. The vision, ant man, spider man, Barton, and war machine could have been cut out completely.
Should have been Capt, falcon and Bucky running from black panther and iron man with Carter feeding them Intel to keep them a step ahead.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Cyks posted:

It was really good but not great, somewhere between 3rd and 5th best marvel movie.

Biggest complaint is it had too many characters who contributed nothing to the movie. The vision, ant man, spider man, Barton, and war machine could have been cut out completely.
Should have been Capt, falcon and Bucky running from black panther and iron man with Carter feeding them Intel to keep them a step ahead.

i don't think you "get" the point of this movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i don't think you "get" the point of this movie

Yeah this movie was basically an Avengers do-over movie and it succeeded at that

• Locked thread