Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Geez did everyone forget about Rocket Racer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Yes, and with good reason.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Madkal posted:

Time to send this thread off with a big hurrah, so I will pose this question to you educated goons. We all know of Ghost Rider and his awesome flaming bike, and we know about Silver Surfer silver surfing on his Silver surfboard, but what other characters are there that are characterized by their mode of transportation?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Professor X.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mr. Miracle and them flying plates.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What about the Dope Rider?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
There's Mirage from Astro City.

Similarly, Static Shock also uses his powers to make a metal disc into a mode of transportation.

Would Iron Man count?

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Big Wheel?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Stilt-man

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lady Stilt-man

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Mirror Master

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Madkal posted:

Time to send this thread off with a big hurrah, so I will pose this question to you educated goons. We all know of Ghost Rider and his awesome flaming bike, and we know about Silver Surfer silver surfing on his Silver surfboard, but what other characters are there that are characterized by their mode of transportation?

The Flash.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

If no one else steps forward, I nominate Teenage Fansub to hastily throw a new chat thread OP together.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

He was in the comics as well. I believe that episode is loosely based on his comic appearance.

http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_Kirby

Guess I'm going to have to find that comic.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Squizzle posted:

If no one else steps forward, I nominate Teenage Fansub to hastily throw a new chat thread OP together.

Nah.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Die Laughing posted:

After nanobots render her sterile April goes back in time and discovers that the magic drawing crystal introduced in that story was her father's and she was actually a sentient drawing the whole time.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'm sure this will reveal my turbo-nerd status to all you guys who think I'm really cool, but if I had a time machine and after I did the basic kill hitler/make billions on the stock market/save loved ones from death, going back in time and hanging with Kirby would be pretty high on The List.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Scaramouche posted:

I'm sure this will reveal my turbo-nerd status to all you guys who think I'm really cool, but if I had a time machine and after I did the basic kill hitler/make billions on the stock market/save loved ones from death, going back in time and hanging with Kirby would be pretty high on The List.

You wouldn't bring Jack with you on a Hitler-killing cosmic adventure?

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Madkal posted:

How has no one mentioned the Green Goblin yet?

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Madkal posted:

El Guapo.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Die Laughing posted:

Worth it.

Squizzle posted:

You wouldn't bring Jack with you on a Hitler-killing cosmic adventure?

So the cover of Captain America #1, but with Kirby punching Hitler himself.

Madkal posted:

Cloak (and Dagger).

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Follow-up question: Besides Silver Surfer and Ghost Rider, what characters spent a whole lot of time personally battling the devil in their solo series?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Squizzle posted:

Follow-up question: Besides Silver Surfer and Ghost Rider, what characters spent a whole lot of time personally battling the devil in their solo series?

The X-Men fought Lucifer early on.

I will also, both comically and seriously, say Lucifer.

John Constantine is an obvious one.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Thor.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Loki isn't Lucifer, neither is Hela.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

If the X-Men Lucifer counts as "the devil" then so does Loki who posed as Satan in the Venus comics and lived in Hades.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Little Mac posted:

There is Kirby TMNT art?!

Just the one drawing, and I think he did it more to encourage Eastman and Laird since they were fighting the good indie fight and known fans of his than because he actually cared about the material.

BUT IT STILL RULES

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I made a thread in thirty seconds because it's seven AM on June first. I can't believe nobody else made a thread. Look what you made me do. It's pathetic.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778473

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's June 2nd though? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Squizzle posted:

• Locked thread