Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

I'd be fine with the Raiders winning three games

*monkey's paw curls, they sweep the Chargers*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chris James 2 posted:

*monkey's paw curls, they sweep the Chargers*

worth it

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

TSBX posted:

We're just a rebound team and you'll leave us when we impode! I just KNOW IT!

I already have a spot in the pool.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

Super Bowl winning incompetent shits heads!

ahhh yes all those super bowl winning coordinators who went on to great success like uh

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Fenrir posted:

Desperately trying to keep Rivers alive behind that tire fire the Chargers call an Offensive Line.

I mean, it's offensive, and they stand in a line, but ...I'm sure whatever that is can't easily be defined in football standards.

As the guy who's been pining for the Chargers to draft offensive line in the first two rounds for years now (at least, more consistently since Fluker), their current starters on the offensive line are above average. The problem they had have is that their center play has been absolutely godawful since Nick Hardwick had to retire - Trevor Robinson is unfacetiously one of the worst players in football - and the line both struggled with injury and underperformed quite a bit last year. (especially Orlando Franklin, who was a *very* good & durable player in Denver but struggled mightily last season, especially in getting to the second level)

I'm not gonna blow smoke up your rear end and say that it's a dominant offensive line, but it is definitely better in both talent and depth than it was last year. It would've been nice if they would've drafted an LT at some point, since I would guess King Dunlap is going to miss time.. but they've got more depth and versatility on their offensive line than they've had in a long time, between the Matt Slauson signing and drafting Max Tuerk, who is going to be a really good player if he can keep his knees healthy.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Tim Wright (Lions TE) tore his ACL.

VV yeah

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 1, 2016

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

NC-17 posted:

Tim Wright (Lions TE) tore his ACL.

the tim wright from the bucs-patriots trade?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

sam bradford lmao posted:

News flash: Tennessee isn't making the playoffs

News flash: The only AFC South team going to the playoffs is going to be the Texans, which is going to make me mad because it will disapprove my Brock Bad thesis, and then they'll do poo poo-all in the playoffs.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Have the Colts addressed their offensive line yet?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

NC-17 posted:

They got the center thing on lockdown for the next 12 years

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NC-17 posted:

In the very off chance all those rookie lineman are good right off the bat they still don't have this thing called defense

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

News flash: The only AFC South team going to the playoffs is going to be the Texans, which is going to make me mad because it will disapprove my Brock Bad thesis

loving lol at this

Making the playoffs didn't prove that Hoyer was good. If anybody can top Playoff Hoyer, it's Playoff Osweiler.

And I kinda don't want that to happen because Intruder deserves better

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Bad Moon posted:

Super Bowl winning incompetent shits heads!

Didn't Bradley leave the season before the Super Bowl?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yeah, Dan Quinn was our DC for the SB win, replaced by Kris Richard when Quinn left for Atlanta.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Jesus yeah he did how did I miss that. I guess that's what happens when you only started following in 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

loving lol at this

Making the playoffs didn't prove that Hoyer was good. If anybody can top Playoff Hoyer, it's Playoff Osweiler.

And I kinda don't want that to happen because Intruder deserves better

I deserve nothing

It's the burden I bear for cheering for Houston sports

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Carson Wentz, y'all

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000665832/article/walter-thurmond-28-retiring-after-six-nfl-seasons

:smith: Thanks Walter, you were a shining gem in the turd of Chip Kellys FA acquisitions.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Parmesan Basil posted:

Give me one month off if the Jags don't have a winning record this year. They have it. Also they will embarrass the Texans and Titans, sweeping them both. We could easily see a KC/Jags playoff game and I hope Tyreek Hill fumbles a punt return in the end zone. Go Jags.
We probably won't sweep the Titans

It just isn't a thing that happens

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Happy June everybody.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

davecrazy posted:

Happy June everybody.

66 days until the Hall of Fame game.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I'm in Austin, Texas and I cannot go to Raiders games anymore :smith:

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Ostentatious posted:

Go to an away game once or twice a year. That's what I do since I live on the east coast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ostentatious posted:

Give it a few years, it might just be an hour's drive away.

• Locked thread