Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

8 track betamax posted:

It's a great restaurant for hard working lower middle class Americans and minority families and everybody is having a great time and kids love it dad loves it granddad loves it and the food is normal and fresh and cleanly prepared.

So if your a spoiled millennial poo poo head who has to have everything app branded and wrapped in 15 layers of ironic nostalgia just stay away.

The final word on the matter IMHO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Jimson posted:

Hey dgsw I am sorry to hear you are being picked on at work. I wish I could come by and pick you up after work and take you out for a nice spaghetti dinner. Then me and you can talk about it, and if you tell me something really juicey about one of your co workers I can non chalantly bring it up in conversation later to show you I was listening.
Thanks.

that's lord binky

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

The final word on the matter IMHO

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

OctoberBlues posted:

I don't think the person who made that knows how the word "corral" is pronounced.
carl->coral->corral

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

symbolic posted:

carl->coral->corral

If I've learned anything in life, it's that if the two options are:

1. Joke is actually deeper than the first glance indicates
2. Person making the joke is just stupid

Option #2 is correct about 99% of the time.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Next level jokery

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

I came here hoping for a repost of this. Anyone who has not read this is cheating themselves. You should probably just copy / paste into the thread.

cheddarcaust

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

is golden corral the one all you can eat buffet that one fat gently caress killed himself cause he couldnt go there any more?

like he had won lifetime visits or something but was too creepy and banned so he killed self

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
OP you just reminded me I have a $50 outback gift card I havent used because Outback sucks but , it would probably suck less if I didnt pay for it. thanks

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

donkey salami posted:

is golden corral the one all you can eat buffet that one fat gently caress killed himself cause he couldnt go there any more?

like he had won lifetime visits or something but was too creepy and banned so he killed self

I think that was in vegas

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

OP you just reminded me I have a $50 outback gift card I havent used because Outback sucks but , it would probably suck less if I didnt pay for it. thanks

I'll give you $3.50 for that card.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

im still confused what "no rules just right" means

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Chinatown posted:

im still confused what "no rules just right" means

The Outback is famous for having no rules, as seen in the documentary crocodile dundee

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Every buffet near me has either failed food inspections badly or personally given me food poisoning in the past.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I went to a all you can eat buffet in Leicester, England during my recent visit. The food was mostly Indian, Chinese, American hybrid. It was better than my recent visit to GC by far, but not great by any means. The place was absolutely packed by the time we were finished. Someone should open a GC in England. I think they are ready.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

King of Bees posted:

I went to a all you can eat buffet in Leicester, England during my recent visit. The food was mostly Indian, Chinese, American hybrid. It was better than my recent visit to GC by far, but not great by any means. The place was absolutely packed by the time we were finished. Someone should open a GC in England. I think they are ready.

There is an Indian place near me with an all you can eat lunch buffet and let me just say that it loving owns.

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

King of Bees posted:

Was that Red Hot Buffet or More, near the railway station? I've been to both a few times, they're fine if you stick to the indian food.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

pants cat posted:

Was that Red Hot Buffet or More, near the railway station? I've been to both a few times, they're fine if you stick to the indian food.

I'll have to find out the name. I know from the family there that it used to be a pretty skeevy club or something.

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Doesn't sound like it was either of those then, ayce places seem to be popping up all over. Still full of skeevy clubs around here.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Humboldt Squid posted:

Every buffet near me has either failed food inspections badly or personally given me food poisoning in the past.

Did you really get food poisoning or was it just a poopy butt from overindulgence?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

8 track betamax posted:

It's a great restaurant for hard working lower middle class Americans and minority families and everybody is having a great time and kids love it dad loves it granddad loves it and the food is normal and fresh and cleanly prepared.

So if your a spoiled millennial poo poo head who has to have everything app branded and wrapped in 15 layers of ironic nostalgia just stay away.

This is interesting to me because every time I go to Golden Corral, there's always multiple families that are clearly not having a great time and they don't hesitate to let everyone in the restaurant know they are upset.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I've seen a lot of commercials for The Golden Corral restaurant chain which boast easily the best prices I've seen for a buffet. For the price of a movie ticket I can get a never-ending supply of prime rib, pizza, good chicken, and lovely desserts. So, I'm just wondering if this is too good to be true? Obviously, I'm not expecting a steak that of an Outback quality, but I'd be willing to chew a bit more if it was lighter on the price.

Has anyone been? If so -- what's your strategy? I'd go heavy on the advertised meat special but also get a nice salad on the side and a light cola drink.

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever go to Golden Corral. I've never seen a more disgusting place. I've only been there once. The front counter, where you pay, is covered with water; like a quarter inch. It's unclear why. I'm guessing they never let their cups dry. There are children sticking their fingers in the chocolate fountain. The floor is covered in mashed potatoes and the staff tries to clean it with a broom instead of with a carpet cleaner. Don't worry, they'll keep digging the filth into the carpet for half an hour to no effect. The staff leaves tables half-bussed and then wanders off with the bus tub sitting on a table in the dining room. The food is kept at the well known safe temperature of 98.6f which ensures that you will be spending quite a bit of time in the bathroom later that day.

There is a sucking sound that is constantly heard as the monsters in Hoverounds devour everything in the place. I swear the whole place has negative pressure do to the amount of eating going on. These are people in their early 20's with no disabilities, just insurance fraud and BMIs that have to be measured with scientific notation. Hi my name is "X" my BMI is 5.54X10^25. Get out of my way! I need more mashed potatoes!!!! They will try to knock you down if you get in their way. Some gal there yelled at my daughter because she was waiting in line and blocking her access to some sort of Scrofulous concoction. She then told my wife that she was a bad mother because my daughter got in her way. My wife nearly struck her with a tray. Fortunately, she calmed down and we left.

TLDR: Golden Corral sucks.

mostlygray fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 4, 2016

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i stuck my dingus in the chocolate fountain and five women slid off their chairs

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
There has been one place where I saw a single person use 3 chairs. That place was golden corral.

Salem Saberhagen fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I've only ever been once and it smelled like piss.

• Locked thread