Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make
This has recently been a re-occurring issue for me in trying to download some gaming software. I'll try to download a gaming program, it'll list Visual C++ 2015 as a pre-requisite, offer me the option to download it automatically...and then it won't work. I have made some attempts to fix this by visiting this website...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226

...and by trying to fix my automatic Windows Update (which also seems to be on the fritz). Unfortunately, I haven't succeeded in the latter, as when I tried downloading from the link mentioned above, I got this when trying to install it on my computer...

code:
0x80080005 - Server execution failed
So really, I'm trying to figure out what might be next step is from there, since this seems to be a problem that's more complicated than "shut up and reboot". If any of you could help me, that'd be swell! And if you need my specs to do anything, here they are...

code:
WINDOWS EDITION: Windows 7 Home Premium

PROCESSOR: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30GHz

SYSTEM TYPE: 64-bit Operating System

SERVICE PACK 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Your system is hosed.

The error message seems to indicate that some system component responsible for servicing is broken in some way, and that can also affect Windows Update.

Try running the various system repair options Windows offers, but you may just be better off doing a full reinstall.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

nielsm posted:

Your system is hosed.

The error message seems to indicate that some system component responsible for servicing is broken in some way, and that can also affect Windows Update.

Try running the various system repair options Windows offers, but you may just be better off doing a full reinstall.

Wow. The issue is that extreme huh? Goodness...well, here's to hoping that the various repair options work. I don't have the disc for a full reinstall.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Fionordequester posted:

Wow. The issue is that extreme huh? Goodness...well, here's to hoping that the various repair options work. I don't have the disc for a full reinstall.

you can create installation media with this https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Before trying a reinstall I'd run some basic hardware diagnostics to see if they were the root cause of the problems. Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic from Start, Search, Memory, as well as running Crystal Disk Info to check the health of your harddrive. If it shows Caution or Bad, the drive has failed and will need to be replaced.

I'm gonna close this thread, if you need more help please post a new one in the Haus of Tech Support forum. Please read the sticky rules thread!

• Locked thread