Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Well gently caress I had everything for these last few pics nicely lined up until the ASJ poo poo. Now I got a really lovely decision to make and am not happy at all about it! Good thing I got another 10h or so to see the fallout and hope everything turns into rainbows and fluffy bunnies, or at least clear up a bit of the haze....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Chris Thompson was going to be my final pick. Perfect snipe.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I want in on the next slow draft, by the way. And I assume you, Beer, won't have pick #1 again? Because that might be a little... suspicious....

Rundown of my full roster:

QBs:
Goff, Jared RAM QB - 8
Palmer, Carson ARI QB 317.0 9
Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 294.0 4

I went heavy early on QBs and I'm really pleased with the results. I feel like both Rodgers and Palmer are potential superbowl-run QBs, go a little heavier pass than run in their offenses, have excellent tools to work with, good coaching, and neither seem particularly injury prone. On any given week I'd expect one or both to give me solid numbers, and barring injury, both should turn in multiple weeks of top-five QB performances for those weeks. I should rake in those points.

Backing them up is my lottery ticket. Goff is probably the best rookie QB in terms of being ready to play, and his situation is clear that he's going to be starting for the Rams week 1. Of course lots of rookie QBs don't work out, no matter how highly they're drafted, and that's entirely possible with Goff. But I don't necessarily need him to work out, just give me a backup for my two main QB's bye weeks. Any upside is just extra, and the other aspect here was to deny him from the other teams in the league who have much worse QB2s on their rosters. If Rodgers or Palmer get injured, my hope is he can provide some kind of floor. Finally, the Rams will play the Cardinals week 4, so hopefully one or the other of Palmer or Goff has a good day that day. Week 9 looks less good, with the Rams playing the Panthers and the Packers playing the Colts, so that might be a weak week for QB scoring. :shrug:

Having gone in QB hard early, I did not want a mid-round QB, and by the late round pickings were very slim, so no 4th QB.

RBs:
Blue, Alfred HOU RB 84.0 9
Lynch, Marshawn FA* RB 72.5 -
Miller, Bruce SFO RB 21.0 8
Murray, DeMarco TEN RB 143.0 13
Peterson, Adrian MIN RB 225.5 6
Powell, Bilal NYJ RB 102.5 11
West, Charcandrick KCC RB 110.5 5

I'm very pleased with my RB corps. I picked tenth and did not expect AP to drop to me there. I did not expect David Johnson to go ahead of him, considering David had CJ2k probably eating 30 to 40% of the team's running touches (and also able to catch), plus Ellington being a viable third option. I totally love David Johnson, don't get me wrong, but I'd have taken AP over him. Allen Robinson and DeAndre Hopkins also both went ahead of him, presumably because of this year's WR-first philosophy being more popular in TAQ.

I think DeMarko Murray is a very viable RB2, my expectation is that he'll be better this year than last, and his situation seems good. Bilal Powell is reliable, Charmander is a great handcuff behind a fragile RB in Kansas City, and I already discussed my reasons for picking Bruce Miller. Alfred Blue is a mediocre back but Houson is a mediocre team that rolls out mediocre players in all sorts of situations, and honestly I do not expect my bottom two or three RBs to be needed more than maybe once this season. Marhsawn Lynch was a mistake, based on what I thought I knew last week, but I thought it'd be funny. I should have drafted Anquan Boldin instead, and honestly if he goes undrafted you guys are idiots. Yes he's an FA, but he's absolutely the best WR on free agency today, and he's basically guaranteed to be picked up and used by some team before the season starts. And this is a WR capable of putting up useful points in fantasy in 2015 San Francisco; almost any other situation in the league will be better for him. He's worth a round 24 pick.

WRs:
Agholor, Nelson PHI WR 39.5 4
Amendola, Danny NEP WR (Q) 106.5 9
Doctson, Josh WAS WR (P) - 9
Landry, Jarvis MIA WR 193.5 8
Nelson, Jordy GBP WR (P) - 4
Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR 170.5 11
Wright, Kendall TEN WR 72.0 13

I am okay with my WR picks. Having gone heavy RB and QB early, somewhere had to suffer, and WR was it. I got Jordy Nelson at 2.03 and I believe his current ADP is even lower. This has to be due to concerns about the injury, and I admit I'm concerned too. But I also think Jordy Nelson is a superstar and if he is back to full health - and there's no indication or reason why he wouldn't be - he is Rodgers' favorite target. Plus I own Rodgers. I love the synergy potential there, and having him on my roster is part of the reason I drafted Rodgers possibly a little early at 3.10.

I also really like Danny Amendola, Nelson Agholor, Jarvis Landry, and Emmanuel Sanders. Sanders might regress with a worse QB at the helm in Denver, but then again, Peyton regressed in his throwing power a lot the last two years, and Sanders still produced. Landry is in Miami which has been a perennial shitshow, but I'm optimistic about new coaching there and even if Tanny isn't on the league's most-passing offense this year, that's probably actually good for Landry (because defenses may have to actually concern themselves with run defense).

Kendall Wright might give me a game or two of points, maybe in week 9. Doctson is an unknown quantity to me, but at least it's pretty clear he's going to be starting. Seven WRs with only two overlapping bye weeks felt like enough, although I know a few of you went with eight. As mentioned above, I was borderline going to grab an eighth WR in the last round, but decided to be funny instead. Lastly, there's a nonzero chance that Bruce Miller gets a TE or WR designation added to his RB designation before the season starts, although I don't know how MFL handles those.

TEs:
Barnidge, Gary CLE TE (P) 178.5 13
McDonald, Vance SFO TE 55.5 8
Witten, Jason DAL TE 106.5 7

gently caress tight ends, right? I ostensibly have three, non-overlapping bye weeks, and Barnidge should be good although I guess he just had some minor surgery? Jason Witten seems reliable too. Vance McDonald may or may not produce anything. But we only need one TE each week, and Bruce Miller might get designated a TE. I don't think many of you drafted four.

PKs:
Gould, Robbie CHI PK 139.0 9
Walsh, Blair MIN PK 145.0 6

LOL whatever, kickers. Beer is nuts for drafting one so early. You need two so you don't go without on your bye week, and I think three is acceptable if one of your two isn't reliable, but Gould and Walsh are both seasoned vets who produce well.

D/STs:
Bengals, Cincinnati CIN Def 239.0 9
Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def 219.0 8

I might have grabbed a third D/ST near the end of the draft, but I feel the same for these as for kickers. The steelers and bengals both have decent crews, the bengals have a couple of giant assholes who will generate INTs and sacks if/when they're not suspended for being assholes on and off the field, while pittsburgh just has a very competent and effective D. I don't see either being super-vulnerable to one or two key injuries, either, so I feel comfortable.

Overall: I think I had a pretty good draft. I may have joked around a little too much in the last three rounds, but gently caress it, right? I see a couple other teams in the league that I think are even better, but I can't look at my own draft and fault my choices much, at least before round 20. So I'm giving myself a B+ for this draft, which is a big improvement over last year where I think I did pretty badly and deserved a D.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I believe the pick was random. Either way I won't get #1 again, I don't want it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Now I'll be suspicious if you aren't #1

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
So I really wanted to grab a third kicker with my last pick as it looked like the best place to maximize my BB points, but after that idiot ASJ pulled that stunt I now have to

24.11 - Cameron Brate

gently caress YOU ASJ

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Allright, let's review my team:

QB: Drew Brees, Kirk Cousins
RB: Jamaal Charles, Doug Martin, LeSean McCoy, Charles Sims, LeGarrette Blount, Robert Turbin
WR: Antonio Brown, Eric Decker, John Brown, Torrey Smith, Phillip Dorsett, Terrance Williams, DeAndre Smelter, Rueben Randle, Jared Abbrederis
TE: Travis Kelce, Jimmy Graham, Jordan Cameron
DST: Miami, Buffalo
PK: Stephen Gostkowski, Dustin Hopkins

I think I have a lot of value in my team, although according to MFL's draft review the Cousins pick was the biggest reach I made (including Gostkowski). Personally I'm very satisfied with my team. I exploited a lot of value plays and picked up what I would say is the best running back group in the league with three players who are ranked in the top 12 for RBs, a solid handcuff and third down back, and two upside plays. Quarterback is also very strong. I think Brees is going to do extremely well this year with tons of weapons, and if Cousins is even remotely close to where he was near the end of the season last year he could be elite on his own. Obviously my pass catchers struggle somewhat. Brown is the highest ranked player, but Decker is a borderline WR2, Brown a borderline WR3, and the rest aren't startable according to current rankings. That said I think I have a LOT of upside, particularly in Torrey Smith and Terrance Williams. The rest are all lottery tickets, but given the potential to play three wideouts each week I consider the extensive investment in this position to be worth it. TE is another risk and frankly I probably should have avoided Graham altogether given the severity of his injury. DSTs are middle of the road, and while folks poo poo on my for taking Gostkowski so early the bottom line is that he is the only kicker in the league with repeatable production at such a high level.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 11, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
My team review:

My plan for the draft going in was to get a couple of top top guys and then due to the best ball format shoot for potential over consistency for individual players at QB/RB/WR. TE/K I planned to load up later in the draft and get a point floor by committee unless I felt value fell to me. Two defenses. So 2QB/7RB/7WR/3TE/3K/2DEF - obviously I skewed from the plan when I realized I could draft two QBs later with one being Fitz so I would have to cover just in case. Also had to cover at TE thanks ASJ so only 2 kickers. Overall I think I pretty much nailed what I was hoping to do so I expect great things.

Quarterback - Ryan Fitzpatrick NYJ, Cam Newton CAR, Brock Osweiler HOU

In my opinion getting at least one top QB was the biggest priority as the scoring is weighted heavy for QBs, and I got a top 3 and good chance for the #1 QB this year. Fitzpatrick is a flier (and getting shakier with news of possible QB cuts like Foles) but if he signs becomes a solid QB2 and could toss up a couple of better weeks than Cam throughout the year. Brock has Nuke and Lamar so at least a week or two topping the points should come. Got my targets here, maybe drafted Cam early but pleased with my group.

Running Back - Arian Foster FA* RB, Mike Gillislee BUF RB, Tim Hightower NOS RB, Eddie Lacy GBP RB, Latavius Murray OAK RB, Paul Perkins NYG RB, James Starks GBP RB

I really do wish I had a third set-in-stone starting RB here, but I will live with two solid starters (grouping Lacy/Starks) and two potential starters in Foster and Perkins. I also like my lottery tickets in Hightower and Gillislee. Not the best RB group, but I am happy with what I have here and will hope Murray does not get injured early in the year.

Wide Receivers - Doug Baldwin SEA WR, DeSean Jackson WAS WR, Julio Jones ATL WR, Steve Smith WR, Markus Wheaton PIT WR, Robert Woods BUF WR

I probably should have another WR or two, but with the 6 I have I am looking at a group that I think should be pretty strong for a best ball league. Lots of boom/bust here outside of Julio, who is all boom. Not having depth here I will need to avoid injury through the year, but if I do then this group should do well.

Tight Ends - Cameron Brate TBB TE, Charles Clay BUF TE, Kyle Rudolph MIN TE, Austin Sefarian-Jenkins TBB TE

I had zero intention of going 4 TEs until the ASJ fiasco so covered with Brate. No miracles expected here just looking for 8-10 pts a week with a rare boom. Probably the worst TE group of any team. And 4 slots for it too.

Kickers - Graham Gano CAR PK, Mike Nugent CIN PK

Wanted a third kicker in the worst way. Couldn't get it done as I felt that my two kickers will outscore the three TEs I had as it was. Should see good to great production, but not spectacular.

Defenses - Arizona Cardinals, Carolina Panthers

Should be the best defense group in the league.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

RB: Jamaal Charles, Doug Martin, LeSean McCoy, Charles Sims, LeGarrette Blount, Robert Turbin

I really can't believe you were able to get this kind of ridiculous RB lineup. I think most of the owners in this draft decided in advance to go heavy with WRs up front and then had absolute blinders on as to the RB value that was there in the second and third rounds. I grabbed who I could but goddamn, you having charles, martin, and shady is just unreal. And both sims and blount are valuable fallbacks, too! And for the most part your team didn't suffer for the heavy focus on RBs early. I disagree about Brees, he's got weapons but he's also got a poor OL and that puts him at increased risk of injury. Cousins is fine too but going without a third QB is pretty risky in my opinion. Obviously I strenuously disagree with the super early kicker pick, not because i don't like Gostkowski but because I'm pretty confident you could have had him at least one if not two or three rounds later and I think it cost you in your WRs.

Despite those weak spots I think the rest of us are going to need a lot of luck to keep up with you this year. Your team is a monster and you should be in the top three for points every week barring Brees death, and top five even if he gets whacked.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

I really can't believe you were able to get this kind of ridiculous RB lineup. I think most of the owners in this draft decided in advance to go heavy with WRs up front and then had absolute blinders on as to the RB value that was there in the second and third rounds. I grabbed who I could but goddamn, you having charles, martin, and shady is just unreal. And both sims and blount are valuable fallbacks, too! And for the most part your team didn't suffer for the heavy focus on RBs early. I disagree about Brees, he's got weapons but he's also got a poor OL and that puts him at increased risk of injury. Cousins is fine too but going without a third QB is pretty risky in my opinion. Obviously I strenuously disagree with the super early kicker pick, not because i don't like Gostkowski but because I'm pretty confident you could have had him at least one if not two or three rounds later and I think it cost you in your WRs.

Despite those weak spots I think the rest of us are going to need a lot of luck to keep up with you this year. Your team is a monster and you should be in the top three for points every week barring Brees death, and top five even if he gets whacked.

I agree that I could have gotten Gostkowski later than that, but after all the arguments I made getting him in the 12th seems like a steal to me. Frankly it's a strategy I intend to use more often so I might as well get used to it now. You're right that getting a 3rd QB would have been a benefit. I probably could have picked up a third QB and waited a bit on Gost, and in retrospect that could very well be my weakest area. On the other hand Brees is the consensus QB5 according to FantasyPros. Cousins is the consensus QB19 and I disagree vehemently with that. Ultimately I drafted the team I wanted and I think it turned out extremely well. Some folks will consider it a reach, I consider it getting the players I wanted to target.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think Brees as QB5 is ignoring the problems with his offensive line, and I agree completely that Cousins at QB19 is underestimating him and his situation. But yeah It's quibbling, I look at the rosters in our league and yours is the one that stands out the most (although I secretly admire the "A Football Game"s; not the best QB selections but a really really good RB, WR, and TE corps plus reasonable PKs and two OK backups to the Broncos D/ST). But I put the Draft Warriors a little head of A Football Game, and pretty solidly ahead of everyone else.

If you start a new thread for the next slow draft please link it?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

I think Brees as QB5 is ignoring the problems with his offensive line, and I agree completely that Cousins at QB19 is underestimating him and his situation. But yeah It's quibbling, I look at the rosters in our league and yours is the one that stands out the most (although I secretly admire the "A Football Game"s; not the best QB selections but a really really good RB, WR, and TE corps plus reasonable PKs and two OK backups to the Broncos D/ST). But I put the Draft Warriors a little head of A Football Game, and pretty solidly ahead of everyone else.

If you start a new thread for the next slow draft please link it?

Will do. Probably going to start it up this week.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I'd certainly be interested in doing another.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Mikey's Team of Losers and Has-beens:

QB: Jay Cutler CHI, Eli Manning NYG
Jay Cutler and Eli Manning are both very competent QBs surrounded with great weapons. Traditionally interceptions have been where they will kill you, but seeing as how interceptions don't ding your score in this format, they should make for a very strong starting QB core. I wish I had drafted a third QB, but the run in rounds 11 and 12 left me with a bunch of question marks to choose from. I wish I would have waited on drafting Funchess and picked up Flacco instead.

RB: Lamar Miller HOU, Frank Gore IND, Theo Riddick DET, Tevin Coleman ATL, Jerrick McKinnon MIN, Jacquizz Rodgers CHI, C.J. Spiller NOS
Only two of these guys need to show up every week, so the idea was to anchor my RB corps with Lamar Miller who I believe will be a week-in, week-out top 5 player at the position, and then pray that one or two of these other assholes pans out. Gore and Riddick should hopefully perform as a serviceable RB2 and buy time until one of Coleman, McKinnon, Rodgers or Spiller see some time as the starter on their team due to injury or explosive performance. RB is so ridiculous to predict every year that I just decided not to even try and focused most of my early round picks on pass catchers instead. In retrospect, Gore was definitely a reach, but I am drinking the "healthy Andrew Luck = dramatically improved IND offense" kool-aid.

WR: Demaryius Thomas DEN, T.Y. Hilton IND, Larry Fitzgerald ARI, Marvin Jones DET, Cecil Shorts HOU, Kevin White CHI, Stevie Johnson SDC, Devin Funchess CAR, Victor Cruz NYG
I'm generally happy with my WR group, but by no means do I think it is best in the league. That being said, I think I got incredible value on almost every one of these guys. Although I could see how Demaryius Thomas could be a bust this year, I was very happy to find Hilton in the 4th, Fitz in the 6th and Jones in the 8th. Like most of my other picks, these guys are talented players who I think are being undervalued. Same with White, Johnson, Funchess and Cruz, who are all talented receivers whose value is depressed due to injury. I'm fairly confident that one of these guys will pay huge dividends relative to their draft position.

TE: Rob Gronkowski NEP, Jared Cook GBP
Gronk, enough said. Even minus Tom Brady for 4 games, he should eat. Because I spent a high pick on Gronk, I waited a really long time to grab a TE2 and I think I suffered for it in picking up Jared Cook. Still, Cook could find redemption and finally play up to his potential, you never know. Hopefully it doesn't matter because he will always be riding the bench behind Gronk's 20+ PPG.

Kicker: Dan Bailey DAL, Josh Brown NYG
Kickers, whatever. Both play on high powered offenses who have a habit of stalling in the red zone against good defenses. I probably could have waited another round on Bailey, and I wish I had picked up Prater instead of Brown, but again - kickers, whatever.

DST: LA Rams, Jacksonville Jaguars
I don't feel very good about my DST picks. The Rams are a great unit and the team is built to keep scores low and burn the clock, so that should work out fairly well, but I wish I had picked my first DST a round or two earlier so that I could have grabbed the Cardinals or Seahawks. The Jaguars defense is most likely going to be poo poo again this year, but there was a run in round 16 that left me with a pile of turds to choose from. Of the DSTs left to me, the Jags seem like the unit with the most upside and in the best case scenario they could take a huge step forward with a healthy first round draft pick playing at DE, LB and CB. DST is the one position in best ball where you don't have to worry about depth as much, so two DSTs seems fine to me.

I admit that I didn't really give a lot of thought to strategy going into this draft. I focused primarily on value, paying extra attention to players whose value is currently depressed due to age/injury, poor performance last season, or uncertainty around their roles and opportunity. Because rosters are so deep and we're talking best ball, the shotgun approach seemed to make sense with the idea being that if I'm lucky then a couple of these guys will end up being those perennial surprise superstars.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 13, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mikey I like your WR and RB picks. I think TE is a very risky spot for you, gronk is awesome but he's also risky because of his vulnerability to injury, and you have only one not very likely backup. Ideally you'll only have to use Cook for a bye week, but even Gronk at his best should be expected to have a few random down weeks.

I don't mind Cutler or Manning as backups but I wouldn't want either as my QB1.

I had no idea that INTs were zero points in this league! One of the reasons I like to go for Rodgers early is because he has a very low INT rate. I should have looked at the scoring earlier but I still might have overlooked that (and actually I suspect Beer overlooked it himself). Good on you for noticing that and reacting to it, that greatly raises Eli's value I'd say.

Even so, I think of both of them as tier-three QBs, and I'd have wanted a tier-2 guy like maybe Brees or Ryan as my QB1 for that team.

Kickers and D/STs are fine, but mostly because I think this is the year JAX finally stops being the one team everyone assumes their starters will rack up points against because of how terrible they always are. So they should give you a safety floor of usually at least positive numbers of points each week.

I think nine WRs is too many for your team, especially given how good your top four are. I'd have gone seven or eight WRs with that set, and used the couple of extra picks to grab a third QB and a third TE. Overall I'd give your draft a B-.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it. I agree with most of your assessment, although I'm a little higher on Eli than most, especially without the int scoring. I could easily see him being the number 6 or 7 QB this year assuming that OBJ stays healthy and Cruz actually comes back.

Somehow I got the idea that the line-up was 2RB, 3WR and 2 Flex, so I drafted so many WRs with the idea that I could start 5. I'd probably turn one or two of those into another TE or QB if I had known.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
QB:
Russell Wilson, SEA
Tony Romo, DAL
Joe Flacco, BAL

I feel pretty good about this trio. Wilson is a top 5 guy, maybe even QB 1. Romo should be a top 10 or top 12 QB if he stays healthy. Flacco has the ability to have a really big game here or there and gives me some injury insurance.

RB:
C.J Anderson, DEN
Matt Jones, WAS
TJ. Yeldon, JAC
Giovani Bernard, CIN
Buck Allen, BAL
Alex Collins, SEA
Daniel Lasco, NO
James White, NE

Welp best ball is where you accept more risk than normal, right? The first three guys are all in position to get most of the carries on their offenses. CJA is the only one who really projects an an RB1 in my mind, and of course, we all know what last year was like. Bernard is pretty decent value in PPR and should have some solid games. His share in the passing offense will hopefully pick up a bit with Sanu and Marvin Jones leaving Cincy. Allen, Collins, Lasco and White are all long shots.Allen could legitimately win the starting job in Baltimore, which would be huge. Collins and Lasco are trendy rookies, but I like the potential. James White is...well....if he actually slots into my starting lineup in best ball this season I'll either feel like a genius or things will have gone horribly wrong.

WR:
Dez Bryant, DAL
Amari Cooper, OAK
Jeremy Maclin, KC
Kamar Aiken, BAL
Willie Snead, NO
Ty Montgomery, GB

Dez and Cooper should both finish top 12 at the position. Maclin shouldn't be lower than top 24. I like Aiken even more now given the Perriman news. Snead is unlikely to have the season he did last year, particularly if Michael Thomas lives up to the hype, but the NO offense is the sort of unit where everyone gets one or two big games a season. I think Ty Montgomery could have a break out year if the Green Bay offense is back to form.

TE:
Antonio Gates, SD
Julius Thomas, JAC

Eh. Both guys who are going to be up and down. I'm hoping Jacksonville is taking the next step forward defensively as I think that'll make for better game scripts for Thomas catching stuff in the middle of the field. Antonio Gates is a classic and yes, it's possible that this is the year he finally falls off a cliff, I'm willing to take that chance.

K:
Chandler Catanzaro, ARI
Matt Bryant, ATL

I don't like kickers. Both of these guys should at least have solid workloads. Bryant gets 9 games in a dome, plus one in Denver, so that's a good thing I guess.

D/ST:
Kansas City Chiefs
New England Patriots
Tennessee Titans

Apparently 3 D/ST rosters are very well evaluated by RotoViz. The Chiefs and the Pats are perennially decent units and the Titans actually have some talent on the defensive side of the ball. Given their division, I would be shocked if the Titans D has some really solid games.

All in all, I think I did okay. Took some serious risks, but I'm pretty happy with QB and WR. RB could really go either way. If two of the longshots actually pan out, I'll be thrilled.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Let's have a look at my mess:

QB:
Big Ben
Matt Ryan
Carson Wentz

I feel OK about this. Big Ben should be a top 5 QB. Matt Ryan is an average QB2 who will likely put up a couple random big games. Wentz is obviously an unknown, if he even sees the field.

RB:
David Johnson
Jay Ajayi
Ryan Mathews
Darren Sproles
Karlos Williams
Ronnie Hillman

Plenty of risk in all of this. If David Johnson was a one-hit wonder and/or these reports about him only getting 60% of the carries are true, this could be putrid. Who is my RB2? Not even sure why I took Sproles, I guess in the hopes that he gets traded. The only real value pick was Karlos Williams, who has stand-alone value and turns into an RB1 if/when Shady gets hurt.

WR:

Mike Evans
Brandon Marshall
Randall Cobb
Tavon Austin
Rishard Matthews
Mike Wallace
Seth Roberts
Will Fuller

I think this a plus group for a 3 WR league. The starters should be solid. Tavon Austin is a good WR4 for a best ball as he mixes in big plays with his stinkers. Wallace could be revitalized.

TE:

Ladarius Green
Jace Amaro

This is real bad, I waited way too long to get a TE2 and should've taken a TE3, but autodraft took 3 kickers instead. If Green sucks I'm in a world of hurt.

K:
Brandon McManus
Connor Barth
Nick Novak

It autodrafted me a kicker in a competition. bleh

Defense:

NYJ
Atlanta

I drafted two defenses with the same BYE. :downs:

I didn't get to pay attention to this as much as I would've liked, especially in the later rounds, and it shows!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm running another slow draft. If you want in PM me your e-mail address. First 11 (plus myself) get in.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hooray! I sent you a PM.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
PM sent

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I'm in and ready to roll as 'The Zero D/ST Strategy,' the newest contrarian craze sweeping the Fantasy Football community.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I got a PM saying I'm in, but I haven't gotten an email from MFL and I don't see the new league in MFL's My Leagues page. Also is there a thread yet?

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Thread- http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780878

League- http://www71.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/58011

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

thanks

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I regret everything, and the season hasn't even started yet.

MY RECEIVERS
Agholor, Nelson PHI WR
Amendola, Danny NEP WR (O)
Doctson, Josh WAS WR (O)
Landry, Jarvis MIA WR
Nelson, Jordy GBP WR (Q)
Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR (Q)
Wright, Kendall TEN WR (Q)

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I'm in first after 2 weeks and scored 172 this week? wow, and despite my top 2 picks being garbage so far

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Whyyy did I draft Goff in both slow drafts?

Three of my players are free agents. My fault on Marshawn Lynch, but the other two are just jerks.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I scored the 4th highest point total this week without a QB :stare:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Goff is gonna save me!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Like Hightower is saving me! I mean I have a functional team right now for the first time since Lacy went down.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

haha my team in this is way better than any other team I drafted this year

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I got 16 points from Alfred Blue! I told you he was gonna be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

VietCampo posted:

I grabbed Zeke at 9th, he's a bit risky as an unknown rookie. But, you don't get drafted at 4th overall not to be the workhorse and he has the skillset and the dominante OLINE to put up the points. It was either him or AJ/Dez. But i felt like one of those might drop to me with my next pick or at least get another WR.

lol well that worked out

except the part about Dez/AJ possibly dropping to me, i ended up with Keenan Allen. :rip:

• Locked thread