Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I just hurt my right arm. I live in an apartment and it's past 11, so I can't make noise like I usually would, but I have to do something

That's right, hardest jack off session ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Feeling good that we got a win without letang.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I'm a huge Holtby fan and I likes me some Ovie but I'm afraid I'm gonna hafta lose a bit of faith in "my" Caps right here, because jeepers mcgee that was hard to watch.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

flakeloaf posted:

I'm a huge Holtby fan and I likes me some Ovie but I'm afraid I'm gonna hafta lose a bit of faith in "my" Caps right here, because jeepers mcgee that was hard to watch.

Realtalk it's not like the Caps got dominated, it was a pretty even game and the Pens got the bounces.

Being down 3-1 sucks, but hey, it's the Caps so it's better than being up 3-1 right? :v:

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

Was the Sykora game the last one they won? No, they must have won in OT at least once or twice in '09.

Orpik scored an OT goal to clinch the series against the Islanders a few years back iirc.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
^I guess that's more recent but this one is funnier

Eric the Mauve posted:

Was the Sykora game the last one they won? No, they must have won in OT at least once or twice in '09.

How could you forget: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne0Nl5oMWzo

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Revol posted:

I just hurt my right arm. I live in an apartment and it's past 11, so I can't make noise like I usually would, but I have to do something

That's right, hardest jack off session ever

good post/avatar combo

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

Being down 3-1 sucks, but hey, it's the Caps so it's better than being up 3-1 right? :v:

You make a good point.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Look Around You posted:

Orpik scored an OT goal to clinch the series against the Islanders a few years back iirc.

That's the most previous one I can recall. There was also a Kunitz GWG vs the Isles in Ot in that series.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

i guess that was a lcuky bounce but really it was just the pens capitalzing on a o-zone turnover which is exactly why theyre the best team in the laegue

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I try not to remember that James Neal played for the Penguins, it's not something I'm proud of

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Eric the Mauve posted:

https://youtu.be/ZWIMo05TUps
God still makes me laugh to this day

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

i guess that was a lcuky bounce but really it was just the pens capitalzing on a o-zone turnover which is exactly why theyre the best team in the laegue

Exactly, which is why the Pittsburgh Penguins are going to win the Stanley Cup.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

flakeloaf posted:

weather getting a bit rough for ye?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Man. Caps gonna Cap I guess. Looked like they had that one won so many times, too.

After four years in DC I'm starting to learn that this is just how that team is.

lol four years, you know nothing about this franchise. We've been to the conference finals all of two times.

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Man. Caps gonna Cap I guess. Looked like they had that one won so many times, too.

After four years in DC I'm starting to learn that this is just how that team is.

This is my 26th season. Same old poo poo. It's going to be hilarious if McCloughan rebuilds the Redskins and gets them to a Super Bowl before the Caps get out of the second round again despite the Caps having a 10 year head start with a generational talent.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Eric the Mauve posted:

Realtalk it's not like the Caps got dominated, it was a pretty even game and the Pens got the bounces.

:circlefap:

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

ThinkTank posted:

Sid can grow an okayish beard now! Weird.
Malkin has assumed the mantle of "sad, pathetic grit-stache hockeyman."

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Raylen posted:

sad ovechkin being blasted with steam

please someone have a gif of this, I need it

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

So this is where the caps win a historic game 7 series to turn around the bad history, see you in Washington shitbirds

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

MechaFrogzilla posted:

The DC sports are cursed narrative should be more popular, imo

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Kawalimus posted:

Series over.

I think this was as much a "must win" for both teams, as much as a game can be a "must win" in a best-off playoff series. If the Caps win this, they are going into a home Game 5 win everything going their way. They most likely win that game, and then they're up 3-2 and in total control. Obviously, with a Pens win, they're up 3-1 and things look really bad for the Caps. They still have a chance, but this is the most resilient Penguins team I remember seeing in a long time.

And Matt Cullen is so loving special.

Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”
Pittsburgh truly is the City of Champions.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

gently caress THE CAPS, SWEPT THEIR ORGANIZATION TONIGHT! PLAYOFF OVERTIME WINS IN PERSON RULE!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Vertical Lime posted:

The DC sports are cursed narrative should be more popular, imo

Dan Snyder's karma is bad enough to doom all the city's teams

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Yeah the Penguins really punish the hell out of you for being sloppy with the puck. It's kinda funny how the 2016 Penguins are basically the perfect machine for destroying the ~2013 Penguins.

Come to think of it it's also kinda funny how much the 2016 Capitals resemble the ~2013 Penguins

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Revol posted:

I think this was as much a "must win" for both teams, as much as a game can be a "must win" in a best-off playoff series. If the Caps win this, they are going into a home Game 5 win everything going their way. They most likely win that game, and then they're up 3-2 and in total control. Obviously, with a Pens win, they're up 3-1 and things look really bad for the Caps. They still have a chance, but this is the most resilient Penguins team I remember seeing in a long time.

Yeah, on one hand the silver lining is Caps fans can remind themselves that just last 2 years ago the Penguins were up 3-1 in a playoff series and went on to lose. On the other hand Pens fans will unanimously tell you it couldn't possibly have been just two years ago, it feels like 10 million years ago. This is a different team.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Boy howdy can't wait to hear every loving yinzer talking about hockey poo poo this weekend like they're the only ones that follow it

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

The Penguins have seen good bounces, but not only are they capitalizing on the bounce, but it is their strong play that is getting them there in the first place. The Pens of the last few years don't get these bounces, not because they are unlucky, but because they never get the chance for them in the first place.

Apr 7, 2003

BiohazrD posted:

Boy howdy can't wait to hear every loving yinzer talking about hockey poo poo this weekend like they're the only ones that follow it

The Pittsburgh Penguins will win the Stanley Cup.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Macnult posted:

weather getting a bit rough for ye?

Nah, just seems that someone's a little bad-luck prone.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Citizen Tayne posted:

False, game 7 loss to an ovi hat trick

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

matt murray is a hulkamaniac, brother

Apr 7, 2003

What're you gonna do, when the Murray runs wild on you??!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah, on one hand the silver lining is Caps fans can remind themselves that just last 2 years ago the Penguins were up 3-1 in a playoff series and went on to lose. On the other hand Pens fans will unanimously tell you it couldn't possibly have been just two years ago, it feels like 10 million years ago. This is a different team.

Pens fan here, the playoff losses feel like they happened yesterday. I am still traumatized by the disaster that was the Bruins series. I still have trouble listening to the Muse song Panic Station, because I noticed they played it during one of the games in Boston and it fit so loving perfectly.

However, and I realize it is a cliche, but it is so drat true: this team is resilient. They are more skilled, but even more importantly, their mindset is so much more mature. This team doesn't seem capable of melting down. If the Caps do come back and win it out, it will only be because they eventually show to be the better team. Or an incredibly unfortunate injury to the Pens.

• Locked thread