Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i still have within my possession the most 90s of all radical relics

this would be considered 'problematic' in 2k16, think about that...if someone said that to me and my pog crew back in the day we would called them a human being and bounce OJ off their loving forehead. my badass pog crew

was POG really some street hustlin hawaiian game played using milk caps or was that just some bullshit that some ad man came up after doing cocaine all night?

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 08:09 on May 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wow, you people with the OJ pogs. The Pog fad died off a couple years before that :D. Way to get into the game late!

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

I always preferred the far more available Tazo, which were printed onto plastic rather than cardboard, were far more colourful and made use of a wide variety of licences and made a pleasing sound when struck.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
My cousin gave me some pogs and then he told me the aim of the game was to see who could most accurately spit on them so I never ended up using them because I was scared they'd have my cousins dried spit.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I had a shitload of them and I think my quest to get the entire set of Apollo 13 Pogs from Hardee's was responsible for a lot of weight gain as a young kid. I did get all of them though, including the entire rocket and the full suite of Slammers, which had a picture of the moon and the Apollo 13 movie logo and came in both silver and a really weird metallic blue-green color that I can't describe but was fascinated by. One of the series was just the movie logo against a holofoil background and I tried to collect as many of that one as I could. My other favorite was a sort of Garbage Pail Kids-esque series featuring a green rabbit-ish character that kind of looked like the Noid getting the poo poo beat out of him in one way or another; one was called Knuckle Sandwich and depicted him getting punched pretty brutally in the face, another was called Rock Cereal where he pretty graphically busted a tooth trying to eat a rock. And the Pure Poison ones of course, which I think everyone had

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I still have that stupid Apollo 13 rocket and it's full of Pogs. My favorite Pogs were "Slugs", which had lenticular pictures of like cute, happy things that turned gory or gross when you turned them back and forth. You could even peel the backing off of your favorite one and put it on the slammer.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I had some Goosebumps pogs - those motherfuckers owned.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
was the pogs game as bad as i remember? you stack pogs up and then bring the slammer down on the stack, then you get to keep the pogs that flip? theres got to be more to it

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Downercut posted:

talk about a short game

Yeah the smell alone leads to a quick forfeit

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
When I was a young teen my sister won a bunch of Pogs and the Megadeth Youthanasia CD. She gave me the CD and its been all about the metal since then. Yay for free pogs and great metal.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Pitdragon posted:

was the pogs game as bad as i remember? you stack pogs up and then bring the slammer down on the stack, then you get to keep the pogs that flip? theres got to be more to it

"collectible" soft things you bombard with hard things, yep that about sums it up

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Wish I kept my Nintendo Power Mega Man X pogs.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i haven't tried pogs, but can i interest you fine goons in phenazepam? it's this experimental soviet research drug from the 70s, and you can buy it for legal from overseas

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
A Pog once D.A.R.E.d me to keep off drugs, so I'm going to have to graciously decline your offer.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I had a pot maker. you would take a magazine or comic and it would cut a circle around the image and past it on a blank white pog.

I pretty much made nothing but pog with tits on them with old victoria serect catalogs.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

no fear

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

ALF is due for a gritty reboot.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I remember trading a box of razor blades that I found on the street for some pogs when I was a kid.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
People in my middle school would literally beat each other bloody over this game. I've never seen twelve year olds get so violent over something so benign.

Millennials these days have it so easy. Now they just impotently yell death threats to each other over Xbox live or whatever.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Germstore posted:

ALF is due for a gritty reboot.

Look up the things he said behind the scenes. It was pretty gritty already, it sounded like a pretty terrible place to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I played pogs, we had a pog store in our town, and I even won the local Michaels pog tournament (it was my brother and i) and got a bunch of free pog stuff.

• Locked thread