Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

RaySmuckles posted:

anything that happens off court is just window dressing
these are people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
i have been at work this whole time and still have no idea what happened in either game

E:oh cool

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Just going off of Twitter-- do people really don't understand why Roberson is a very useful player to have and deserves minutes? He has been phenomenal on defense this series and all I see are complaint after complaint because offense. Why can't people accept great defenders with poor offense the same as good offensive players who are sieves on defense?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Metapod posted:

Just going off of Twitter-- do people really don't understand why Roberson is a very useful player to have and deserves minutes? He has been phenomenal on defense this series and all I see are complaint after complaint because offense. Why can't people accept great defenders with poor offense the same as good offensive players who are sieves on defense?

Because casual fans look at box scores for buckets and not much else.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Roberson is complicated because the value that he adds is mitigated by the options he takes off the table. I'm not sure if he's a net positive, but he is better than Morrow/Singler

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Roberson is also fairly comfortable with a low usage and doesn't have to be fed the ball to get engaged in the game which is a plus in someone who's going to be in lineups with Russ and KD. He does however allow the defense to play better help and that was a significant part of the Spurs gameplan against the two.

Someone said Russ was missing easy ones at the rim but the defense was there and contesting every one.

I think what happened is that one made 3 for Russ made him think he should take more and more of those. The worst 3 points you could get, really.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Metapod posted:

You don't make friends with salad.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

straight up brolic posted:

Roberson is complicated because the value that he adds is mitigated by the options he takes off the table. I'm not sure if he's a net positive, but he is better than Morrow/Singler

Their wing rotation is a sophie's' choice. The only way to avoid the Roberson/Morrow/Singler/Waiters swamp is to play Payne/Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka/Adams-Kanter. I think the value in Payne playing beside Westbrook is that it changes the stagnant OKC offense into something fresh looking, something defenses don't have completely memorized. If Morrow was good at anything other than making open shots, he would play more minutes.

People are coming around to the idea that Sam Presti isn't a genius. He made 4 great draft picks and has blown every single win now trade/signing they've made in the last 4 years. I have a suspicion that he was being pressed to do something each of those times, I have no information, and it's very hard to win a trade when you're desperate.

Nick Collison aging out of the rotation is a shame, they need more smart versatile players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Their wing rotation is a sophie's' choice. The only way to avoid the Roberson/Morrow/Singler/Waiters swamp is to play Payne/Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka/Adams-Kanter. I think the value in Payne playing beside Westbrook is that it changes the stagnant OKC offense into something fresh looking, something defenses don't have completely memorized. If Morrow was good at anything other than making open shots, he would play more minutes.

People are coming around to the idea that Sam Presti isn't a genius. He made 4 great draft picks and has blown every single win now trade/signing they've made in the last 4 years. I have a suspicion that he was being pressed to do something each of those times, I have no information, and it's very hard to win a trade when you're desperate.

Nick Collison aging out of the rotation is a shame, they need more smart versatile players.

Huestis and mcgary are going to be good rotational players that I'll be pissed if Billy does t incorporate next year

• Locked thread