Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
What was his refractory time, I mean recovery time from this experience?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I could easily do 3 days if you dropped me off in Fallout New Vegas or Fallout 4, but I wouldn't be the same afterwards. I guess my posting would be pretty hosed up

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
So is the future of The Lawnmower Man coming to pass? I've had that on DVD for ages but never bothered to watch it, so I assume its like that?

It's a new Dean-mension to conquer.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
VR seems pretty stupid. It's applications also seem limited for games too, since some genres probably wouldn't benefit from it even less. And, to top it off, the visors obscure your vision and look kinda silly.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I can't wait for this Virtual Reality poo poo to go away again so game developers and poo poo can go back to wasting their budget on other gimmicks. Maybe next time someone will try to revive smell-o-vision.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

OldMemes posted:

So is the future of The Lawnmower Man coming to pass? I've had that on DVD for ages but never bothered to watch it, so I assume its like that?

all they have accomplished since is to make the glasses shorter

also i guess since wow players poo poo into a sock this guy making GBS threads into a bucket is s ome sort of advancement.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Fire Barrel posted:

VR seems pretty stupid. It's applications also seem limited for games too, since some genres probably wouldn't benefit from it even less. And, to top it off, the visors obscure your vision and look kinda silly.

gently caress you and your stupid words you piece of trash

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

I think I see vr pawgs in the future

We may never see professor shark again

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

donkey salami posted:

I think I see vr pawgs in the future

We may never see professor shark again

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I want to make 3d goatse in tilt brush but I wouldn't know what to do with it after I had it.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

OldMemes posted:

To this day I find it hilarious that the company behind the CGI eventually created Midnight Club for Rockstar more than the Stephen King lawsuit. The lawsuit being because the movie company wanted more ticket sales than what they thought the original title would had received.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

its like a real life portlandia skit

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Heads up guys thanks to this thread I just ordered a $3 Google Cardboard set up from China so I'll be doing all of my posting in 3D and also one handed from now on

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Actually what's going to make VR take off is this:
http://www.engadget.com/2016/03/31/mayo-clinic-vr-sickness/

Fucks with your inner ear to make you feel like you really are jerking around on a roller coaster and poo poo.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

really the record should go to the bucket

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I've easily spent six hours in virtual reality, it's the easiest way to not have to spend time with my family. 25 hours? That'll be beaten as soon as these get widespread use.

edit: I suppose I do take it off to piss and eat, unlike this rear end in a top hat.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

However, setting the record was not an easy feat, as near the 17th hour Westerman seemed to be affected by vertigo and threw up into a bucket. This bucket also came in handy when he wished to eat, drink or urinate (around the sixth hour mark). All this was done while he continued to remain strapped to the HTC Vive headset.

The future is NOW

ED: I want to know how the bucket came in handy to both eat, drink AND urinate. Was he doing this all in one bucket? Did he have three buckets, but accidentally drink his piss because he was wearing a VIVE?

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
he drank the piss

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
making GBS threads and pissing in a bucket while shouting "I don't know where I'm at..."... This is what we now herald as an achievement worthy of praise and recognition in our society.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Lol he ate out of the same bucket he puked and poo poo in.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The vive has a front camera so he wasn't fully immersed

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
http://www.wired.com/2015/11/360-video-isnt-virtual-reality/
Didn't know Will Smith was such a sperglord (also RIP)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lord Binky posted:

it is and I can't wait until I can gently caress anime babes daily with it

dude! robot babes will be better

• Locked thread