Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Dear Watson posted:

This thread has inspired me what typewriter should I look for on craigslist

IBM Selectric

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
drat that'd a nice typewriter my novel will kick rear end

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
It was good enough for hunter thompson

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
My biggeest embarassment is when I bought TWO of these things a couple years ago

The idea is they would allow me to WRITE ON THE GO!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

8 track betamax posted:

My biggeest embarassment is when I bought TWO of these things a couple years ago

The idea is they would allow me to WRITE ON THE GO!

Did you buy them at the same time or something?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I have a lot of ideas that are likely half baked and the most recent is a NaNoWriMo effort that I have accrued thousands of words on only to decide nothing actually loving happens (through reading a lot of real books in the mean time).

So gently caress knows, it's a dream but I'm a lazy man, why reach for the stars when you can reach for the booze? :smith:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

STAR wars my heart isn't ready for your implied permission and then gassing of my thread again

MONKEY TRASH!
Jan 8, 2006

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I have a lot of ideas that are likely half baked and the most recent is a NaNoWriMo effort that I have accrued thousands of words on only to decide nothing actually loving happens (through reading a lot of real books in the mean time).

So gently caress knows, it's a dream but I'm a lazy man, why reach for the stars when you can reach for the booze? :smith:

Write short stories! Everyone always has this urge to write novels but it'd be like if the first horse you ever rode was a half mile long

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
NaNoWriMo encourages people to produce silage instead of steak. Don't worry about it.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

MONKEY TRASH! posted:

Write short stories! Everyone always has this urge to write novels but it'd be like if the first horse you ever rode was a half mile long

That's a really long rear end horse. I'd like to read one of your short stories. I bet they are whimsical.

cosmicjim fucked around with this message at 12:50 on May 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

MONKEY TRASH! posted:

You know, I've gotten this advice multiple times in my life and all it ever did was deter me from writing anything. The way I finally got started writing was to just ignore this and write the novel I wanted to write. That novel sucked, so I wrote another one that sucked less, and now I'm writing one that ideally sucks even less than that. Maybe the books I write will suck forever, but at least I'll be writing what I want to write. If I was still listening to people who told me to write short stories, I'd never have written anything at all.

• Locked thread