Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

SlipUp posted:

Nope, but I am on mind altering drugs if that makes it any better.

that changes everything. carry on my wayward son :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
OOC do you disagree or was it just lol care in GBS? (Or even that kind superficial epiphany that drugs are notorious for.) I can take another hit if ya wanna expand my mind. If you have your own it makes this way fun.

SlipUp fucked around with this message at 08:45 on May 9, 2016

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

SlipUp posted:

OOC do you disagree or was it just lol care in GBS? (Or even that kind superficial epiphany that drugs are notorious for.) I can take another hit if ya wanna expand my mind. If you have your own it makes this way fun.

it was just a really long post lol. an "i'm gay" type scenario. fwiw now that i actually read it, i concur with your thesis

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Cool. I dropped another nihilist truth bomb in the China thread if you want more lols. I'm sure somebody is going to go after me for not thinking random Chinese people should stand up to the CCP on Facebook "because it's the right thing to do". I got a big enough stash, I'm going after all ideology. Pretend like I'm that dude in Mad Max huffing poo poo speeding into a shitstorm. Witness me! (On the internet, from the safety of my home, to people who'll never change their mind because being wrong is the worst fate of all.)

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
what the gently caress is happening here??? stop communicating with each other and go back to sniping you sons of bitches

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
poo poo, accidental BYOB overload. I meant so say kill you're self cuck fag.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
thats more like it also suck my drat balls

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
genesplice gave me the best advice so far. he said, it all just is, no reason. im mondo satisfied

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
the problem is people can't accept things having no reason because it's a just world drat it and that's why I'm lower middle class instead of dying in an African slum.

if there's no reason why am I working 80 hours and alone??? No, no, there must be some grand struggle out there that desperately needs me. If I shitpost hard enough I'll justify my existence.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SlipUp posted:

the problem is people can't accept things having no reason because it's a just world drat it and that's why I'm lower middle class instead of dying in an African slum.

if there's no reason why am I working 80 hours and alone??? No, no, there must be some grand struggle out there that desperately needs me.

i find no reason is the best explanation for junk.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Orkin Mang posted:

i find no reason is the best explanation for junk.

This is the best answer to give an Atheist at a party after you told him you believe in God so he can furiously try and attack your belief system while you get to just be the chill bro who's also sensitive being like "I just want people to be happy ya know?". Then turn to a babe and be all like "did you know god said all seeded plants were his gift to man? But I think he really meant like, all people not just men you know? Here, try this J."

Basically rabid whatevers are the best unintentional wingmen you can find. Bonus points if you end up plunging the girl he was obsessing over while he's trying to prove something to drunk people. Though I tend to be slightly against whatever the status quo belief system is, so I can help nice sexy young people get back at their dad but not enough to threaten their actual beliefs.

I guess ultimately there is a reason to everything, and that reason is getting high and getting laid. Pretty much all sex is good, but some highs are better than others.

SlipUp fucked around with this message at 09:46 on May 9, 2016

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
i think we found jesus guys :wow:

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Feranon posted:

i believe in dog

Dogs are cool and good.

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

SlipUp posted:

Nope, but I am on mind altering drugs if that makes it any better. I just wanted to assert my own intellectual superiority ultimately, of course. Really helps get the most out of a high.

Normally I'd post that to D&D, but they'd just want to harsh my buzz maaan.

It was a good post, I thought :ohdear:

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

SlipUp posted:

if there's no reason why am I working 80 hours and alone??? No, no, there must be some grand struggle out there that desperately needs me. If I shitpost hard enough I'll justify my existence.

Sounds like Camus

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Keep Autism Wired posted:

Sounds like Camus

sounds like speed

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

jackyl posted:

there are good things religions do, like "do unto others as you would have done unto u". That makes sense and is good

religion isn't actually the problem, I think it's the adherents that are the problem

also I'm not even remotely religious I've just grown out of the "loving religious people are retards" stage and realized that religion actually serves a purpose

good people will do good things

bad people will do bad things

it takes something like religion to make good people do bad things

quote:

also I'm not even remotely religious I've just grown out of the "loving religious people are retards" stage and realized that religion actually serves a purpose

lol what purpose does it serve that couldn't be filled just as easily with a doctrine that isn't completely pants on head retarded poo poo?

Darth123123 posted:

Is unorganized religion better?

Yeah? Every 'spiritual' or 'religious but non denominational' person I've met just keeps that poo poo to themselves unless you ask and they are way more mellowed out about it. I've never seen some ex-methhead yelling about a mysterious lifeforce/entity damning me to hell forever.

What's organized religion? A way to extract money from poor people while keeping them just sedated/happy enough to not worry how hosed they are getting every day?

At best you could say it fosters a sense of belonging and community but that's still kinda weak because it's not like you can't get that elsewhere.

look believe what you like but if your doctrine involves bothering unbelievers about it then it and you are stupid and that includes 'radical atheism' or whatever

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 9, 2016

immaculate_kasia
May 9, 2016

by Shine
god is real the dmt/salvia flashback trips told me he was real and if i hosed up again i was getting serious punishment

idk if i hosed up but i definitely am a real jerk.

i think god wills it tho

all i know about god is from the kingdom of heaven directors cut

what is Jerusalem worth??

nothing,... everything 1

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

To me, god will always be that guy that could have made Pokémon real, but instead was all "nah man... malaria"

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
there is no god but allah :aaaaa:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

good people will do good things

bad people will do bad things

it takes something like religion to make good people do bad things

lol what purpose does it serve that couldn't be filled just as easily with a doctrine that isn't completely pants on head retarded poo poo?

Yeah? Every 'spiritual' or 'religious but non denominational' person I've met just keeps that poo poo to themselves unless you ask and they are way more mellowed out about it. I've never seen some ex-methhead yelling about a mysterious lifeforce/entity damning me to hell forever.

What's organized religion? A way to extract money from poor people while keeping them just sedated/happy enough to not worry how hosed they are getting every day?

At best you could say it fosters a sense of belonging and community but that's still kinda weak because it's not like you can't get that elsewhere.

look believe what you like but if your doctrine involves bothering unbelievers about it then it and you are stupid and that includes 'radical atheism' or whatever

My faith is somewhat evangelical and I feel driven to spread the good news out of love for others and love for God, but I recognize attacking people's beliefs and trying to debate them into conversion doesn't work.

I prefer to, and pray that, through my actions and choices and the way I live my life, particularly towards others, that I may reflect or shine the grace and love and truth of God that I know in my heart, that by following God's law to love others, something may stir in their heart and perhaps they might open themselves up willingly.

The best way to evangelize is to walk in faith and follow in the footsteps of Christ, love thy neighbor, love thy enemy, forgive others, all that.

Personally I am more comfortable with the solitary monk style of worship, partially because of my severe anxiety around others, but I recognize the purpose of communion and as a communist well it's all too obvious that seeking fellowship with other believers is a good thing.

Solidarity is good in general.

Organized religion simply offers th structure and support to help one along their spiritual path because it's a very difficult and often confusing path, but I understand the hesitance people have because my own early church experiences made me sour towards religion for a good chunk of my life to the point where I was full blown dick Dorkins

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Iron Prince posted:

anyone else in here vape

no because i used it as a cessation method and it worked

if i were a religious, on the other hand,

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I feel driven to spread the good news

Hey, is it really news all these years later? Shouldn't it be called alt history or the good story?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I feel driven to spread the good news

We've heard. Mission accomplished, you can go home now. GG

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
here's a trump card

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQOmDUnt8Hs

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
or should i say tramp card

heh heh

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Dead Precedents posted:

5 people too many

i never understood what the 888 thing was supposed to be about

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

My faith is somewhat evangelical and I feel driven to spread the good news out of love for others and love for God, but I recognize attacking people's beliefs and trying to debate them into conversion doesn't work.

I prefer to, and pray that, through my actions and choices and the way I live my life, particularly towards others, that I may reflect or shine the grace and love and truth of God that I know in my heart, that by following God's law to love others, something may stir in their heart and perhaps they might open themselves up willingly.

The best way to evangelize is to walk in faith and follow in the footsteps of Christ, love thy neighbor, love thy enemy, forgive others, all that.

Personally I am more comfortable with the solitary monk style of worship, partially because of my severe anxiety around others, but I recognize the purpose of communion and as a communist well it's all too obvious that seeking fellowship with other believers is a good thing.

Solidarity is good in general.

Organized religion simply offers th structure and support to help one along their spiritual path because it's a very difficult and often confusing path, but I understand the hesitance people have because my own early church experiences made me sour towards religion for a good chunk of my life to the point where I was full blown dick Dorkins

You see, I would get on board with Christians if y'all were a little more John 2:15. If Church was about whipping bankers with a braided cord I'd go three times a week.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

your saving throws are Sad!

:smugdon:

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

paco650 posted:

i never understood what the 888 thing was supposed to be about

it's because adolph hitler has 8 letters or something

edit: it's because "heil hitler homie" each starts with h, which is letter number 8

or it's about his wrestler history, because there is a wrestler names triple H?

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 10, 2016

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Generalisation itt.
English people have poo poo teeth,
Americans are all fat.
Goons honestly think.

One of these things is not the same as the others.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Moridin920 posted:

dude it teaches morals

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Stinky_Pete posted:

it's because adolph hitler has 8 letters or something

edit: it's because "heil hitler homie" each starts with h, which is letter number 8

or it's about his wrestler history, because there is a wrestler names triple H?

i usually see it in conjunction with crying about social justice websights and people

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

jackyl posted:

dude it teaches morals

No it doesn't. I went to church. I'm a huge rear end in a top hat.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

jackyl posted:

dude it teaches morals

not really

Go Broncos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I'm taking a greasy stinky dump in this thread. Hope nobody minds.

• Locked thread