Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

GI_Clutch posted:

I don't hwant your hlife!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

ya thanks for giving us the president who sent us into vietnam that was great. ps the spurs just lost

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

ya thanks for giving us the president who sent us into vietnam that was great. ps the spurs just lost

Listen buddy, if Vietnam fell to the commies well then there goes all of se asia. Sometimes war is necessary and just.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah I was on my school's team and everything and after I graduated I had 0 desire at all to go to another game ever.

Then again I don't live in a community centered around high school sports as the pinnacle of social achievement either I guess.

Wouldn't surprise me very much. By the time I graduated my school's funding was cut so drastically that they basically nixed all sports except football, baseball, track & field, and water polo. And we were a school that posted good test scores and grades and stuff so idk. All the curriculars were gone or on their way out, too. No computer classes, basic minimum art classes, no drama department, etc.

Wait, water polo? Lol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

fyodor posted:

If this thread gets to page 5 I can release my ropey load.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
lmao when these municipalities go bankrupt and ask the feds for a bailout

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

mdm posted:

lmao when these municipalities go bankrupt and ask the feds for a bailout

We built a 3000 seat stadium in a city proper of 2000 people. Private money is huge here.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

fyodor posted:

Arguably he was great and did some noble things but what is not up for debate is he was an ice cold motherfucker. See every single page of this book:

Apparently he liked to turkey slap people with his large flaccid weiner

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Scyantific posted:

Speaking of League of Autism, apparently 3 top teams got kicked out of Riot's own league for massive rule violations and now have to sell their spots.

eSports: no better than regular sports

Hoe does that even work. What kimd of rules were these? Were they doing meth during games or something?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Darth123123 posted:

We built a 3000 seat stadium in a city proper of 2000 people. Private money is huge here.

the OP talks about bonds though so I'm not sure what your point is? a small town in Texas has a lot of rich people?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

whoflungpoop posted:

town proposes building for popular activity requiring fitness socialization and hard work, here's a misanthropic group of tubby computer janitors with the hot take

Also concussions, suicide, and covering up rape

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Mange Mite posted:

Hoe does that even work. What kimd of rules were these? Were they doing meth during games or something?

Hilariously enough, it has to do with contract violations and other dumb poo poo

eSports is serious business, guys.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Uncle Wemus posted:

Also concussions, suicide, and covering up rape

You have opinions on gamergate dont ever loving post in a human thread again

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hmm what region of the US is this embarrassing massive spending occurring?

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Mange Mite posted:

I can't believe no one called him out on being a HUGE homo in the 60s for that poo poo.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

tenspott posted:

I can't believe no one called him out on being a HUGE homo in the 60s for that poo poo.

the result of me googling for lyndon johnson penis posted:

Wolflair Hadrian999 • 5 years ago
In 1973, I met a retired Air Force officer who claimed to be one of the Air Force One pilots for LBJ. He had stories to share that, if true, provided quite an insight into Lyndon's personality. He told me that LBJ's code name was "Bull Nuts." I have not reason to believe it's not true.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mange Mite posted:

He also forced visiting diplomats to go skinny dipping with him at the white house pool.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

tenspott posted:

Uh homo would be slapping guys with an erect weiner. Turkey slaps are just horseplay

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I googled that and guess what it's true. Dude cranked his hog in front of people whenever.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

FoolyCharged posted:

These aren't small town cities, they're loving dallas suburbs. There is plenty of other stuff for them to do. And the third monster stadium mentioned is a houston suburb so they don't get a pass for nothing to do either.

Oh okay, they have a third option then!

Go get high at Six Flags!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
LBJ used his connections in Texas to get Lee Harvey Oswald to assassinate Kennedy so that a protestant Texan could rise to his rightful place as president of the united states

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Toilet Mouth posted:

If I can make a more serious post than is merited, high school football football is a pretty big social event for the community, with generously 40% of the crowd actually engaged in the game. Pretty much every high school is going to have the following at every single game- dance team, cheerleaders, band, those people that wave flags and streamers along with the band, maybe ROTC, and maybe some kind of miscelaneous spirit team that does pushups and rings a bell and whacks each other with pool noodles after every score. They have all of this not just at the home games, they take them to every road game too. And most all of these people's parents go to every game to watch them, home and away. A high school football game is a huge production that probably half the school's students participate in one way or another. It's centered around football, but the football really doesn't even matter that much.

Except for a lot of people it's the only thing that matters, just in general.
If you ask me they should just nix the football and have a bunch of people hitting each other with pool noodles in a big field.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
what if they had a diverse offering of extra curriculars to help all students reach their potential instead of glorifying the poo poo out of a very small few of them for physical attributes they were mostly born with?

maybe then they wouldn't have so many HS drop outs

take some of that $62m and hire some teachers who don't think evolution is satan's one weird trick

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Gaunab posted:

LBJ used his connections in Texas to get Lee Harvey Oswald to assassinate Kennedy so that a protestant Texan could rise to his rightful place as president of the united states

Yes this is common knowledge I'm not sure why you need to say it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
sometimes when i am in texas i get some REAL mexican food if you know what i mean and i tell the cook "geraldo" pronounced HER-ALL-DOE , i tell him " my friend, you know how i like it , i like it mighteh spiceh"

• Locked thread