Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
The bird thread in PI is a fun place where we talk about parrots and other birds, and wait for people from Australia to tell us about being bitten by cockatoos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
The politics subforum is full of people who waste their time arguing with other people whose minds cannot be changed and are not capable of change themselves. All act as though what they have to say is so profound that it hasn't been said somewhere on the internet before at least a billion times.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Trojan.exe posted:

The politics subforum is full of people who waste their time arguing with other people whose minds cannot be changed and are not capable of change themselves. All act as though what they have to say is so profound that it hasn't been said somewhere on the internet before at least a billion times.

and they tend to mistake something so stupid that society at large won't even consider it for being something so profound society can't grasp it

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I heard that there's an <whisper> anime:ssh: subforum around here somewhere

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The Dorkroom has a thread about using dslrs to shoot video

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to murder Hector Beerlioz in one of these subforums

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

ChrisHansen posted:

I'm going to murder Hector Beerlioz in one of these subforums

Let's throw down in the cavern of COBOL

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Ask/Tell has some neat stuff in it from time to time. I think the military history thread is what most people go to though.

Inspect Your Gadgets has an Android thread full of people bitching about the most ridiculous poo poo and taking wild speculations as fact.
Also a good place to ask questions about your phone.

I used to poke around You Look Like poo poo for a while. The low carb thread got so ridiculous someone ended up killing their dog by feeding it terrible food.

Find your favourite show in TV/IV and yack about it with goons!

DYI & Hobbies is something I want to read more. I forget about the stuff at the bottom of the forums.

edit: I think most of the really good stuff from the subforums get goldmined anyway.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 11, 2016

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
anything that can be used as a platform for pseudo intellectuals to have their pissing match is basically a miserable shithole.

this applies to life in general

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Why isn't FYAD called Let's Play anymore. That was good.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Tsietisin posted:

This is a fairly good approximation.

https://youtu.be/a8flLpb3zXA
it appears D&D took a radical shift to the left in the past 10 years

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

and they tend to mistake something so stupid that society at large won't even consider it for being something so profound society can't grasp it

Trojan said D&D not Cinema Discusso.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

symbolic posted:

it appears D&D took a radical shift to the left in the past 10 years

It started with the typical internet male leanings, graduated to full blown libertarianism, had a literal marxist take over, peaked at third world maoism, reformed into centrist liberals and since then has leaned slightly in any given way depending on whatever crop of regulars were around at the time.

Impressively, they've remained equally intolerable throughout.

SlipUp fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 11, 2016

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

GWS is where you go if you hate chili beans.

World Kraid Center
Oct 18, 2009
man we all know what the gently caress is going on in the anime subforum i don't know why we're just idling with our dicks in our hands

everyone knew what hitler was doing in his camps

it's the same poo poo

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Unguided posted:

GWS is where you go if you hate chili beans.

Where do you go if you like chili beans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Where do you go if you like chili beans

You go straight to hell where you belong.

• Locked thread