Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I think the far side had a cartoon about this but we can't psoting far side cartoons here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Dogs don't use language and are thus incapable of thought as we conceive of it.

i mouth thingswithout actually saying things all the time and i dont feel like a dog. maybe the problem isnt with dogs not talking its with us not lipreading. deaf people might have something to contribute here, ill buy some ad space

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
They either recognize their next level master and wish to serve, or they go off and serve themselves as dogs.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMzZdSovgjM

this episode was actually a professor shark biopic

Lol

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Orkin Mang posted:

i mouth thingswithout actually saying things all the time and i dont feel like a dog. maybe the problem isnt with dogs not talking its with us not lipreading. deaf people might have something to contribute here, ill buy some ad space

Deaf "people" flunk the Turing test every time

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

McDowell posted:

They either recognize their next level master and wish to serve, or they go off and serve themselves as dogs.

i feel your putting the cart before the dog, so to speak. instead of talking in circles we should get their attention with ad space then ask the deaf people if they can lip read dogs

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moridin920 posted:

Professor Shark is the best poster in GBS

praise from caesar is praise indeed

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
OH MY GOD MASTER IS HOME I HEAR MASTER COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I"VE BEEN WAITING AT THE DOOR BUT MASTER HASN"T COME IN WHERE IS MASTER???????????
I GUESS MASTER IS NOT COMING IN AND HAS LEFT ME I SHALL BARK TO ALERT MASTER OF MY PRESENCE MAYBE MASTER FORGOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!
WHERE IS MASTE- MY BALLS ITCH I SHOULD LICK THEM!

That's what dogs think.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

Professor Shark is the best poster in GBS

is he the guy that posts all those gifs of cottage cheese

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
dogs hate ambulances because they think ambulances can run faster and bark louder

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Enfield posted:

dogs hate ambulances because they think ambulances can run faster and bark louder

its true, i just can't fit an ambulance in my purse

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

whenever i meet a new dog i immediately violently establish myself as the alpha

after that they think what i tell them to think

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Mandator posted:

whenever i meet a new dog i immediately violently establish myself as the alpha

after that they think what i tell them to think

i do the same thing with women

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Mandator posted:

i do the same thing with women

Swine aren't women.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

wow this thread is offensively racist, how can this even exist on these forums

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

this person has not been aggressive to me, so i'm gonna return the favor by rearing up on my back haunches and digging my poorly groomed front claws into their shirt, teasing my gross idiot tongue in and out of the newly made holes.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

satanic splash-back posted:

wow this thread is offensively racist, how can this even exist on these forums

we've got more dirt on the mods than they have on us. there's nothing they can do

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I think its.

FRIEND?
Yes? HAPPY! -> PLAY? YES? HAPPY

No?
FOOD?
Yes? HAPPY

No?
PLAY?

and so forth.

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006

Phillip K. Dick posted:

All right. Put yourself in the world of a dog. Let’s say you’ve just brought the dog home. He’s never seen a garbage man; he’s never seen a garbage pail. You put him in the yard. What would happen?

First Student posted:

He’d try to guard the garbage pail.

Phillip K. Dick posted:

Right. Because he thinks that what you are doing every day when you take out the garbage is that you’re storing the garbage in a very strong container where nobody will get it. You take it out to this metal container, put the garbage in, and carefully put a lid on it. Even a lid that can hardly be opened. You go into the house. Everyday you do the same thing. After a few days, you’ve got a whole can full of this stuff. He can smell it. Every day it smells better. After a few days he begins to think, “How can I get some of that?” Then, when it’s just ripe, full, and ready to be eaten, these guys show up and take it. And the dog is freaked out. He says, “What is going on? This one is ready and it gets ripped off.” OK. Then, after a while he realizes why he’s there – that it’s his job to keep these guys from ripping off all this valuable stuff. And it’s no garbage to him. It’s a depository for the most precious possession that the people have – because to him its food, which is his most precious possession – the thing he would guard. It’s like his dish. If some other dog starts for his dish, he jumps that dog. So the dog, he thinks about jumping the garbage men. But he wouldn’t see them as men at all – he’d see them as creatures – vague creatures that come in the dawn, different from the people of the house.

So, what this is, is what I would think it might be like to a dog. It’s sort of the world a dog would create; an elaboration in his mind – if he can do that. So finally you have this, elaborated over a period of years, because in the story he’s been doing this for a long time. And, as it mentions, he’s getting worse all the time. He barks more. Then, the fantasy element is this: that eventually they’re going to get rid of the dog; he barks too much. What’s going to happen next? Well, from his standpoint, if he could think it out, that’s the end – not only will the creatures get the food from the garbage pail, they’ll get his family. Ultimately they’ll get the people.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

like, what is this, do you HONESTLY believe dogs think anything different than you do? what in the actual gently caress? like, do you even think, ever?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

next time i make a movie i am making sure you "anti-dog" people are taken down a notch

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
If I was a dog I would think about fine bitches all day.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

i always look at dogs and assume they must feel really overheated all the time and poo poo so they're probably thinking about how warm they are

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
Dogs get confused when they wake themselves up with their own farts, hopefully this helps y'all understand their mental capacity

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

diabeetz posted:

Dogs get confused when they wake themselves up with their own farts, hopefully this helps y'all understand their mental capacity

like to see how coherent you are when you wake to a loud sound and an awful smell

that isn't from my mom

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
They want to smell things. So do cats. It's like "how does that smell?" at all times.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

If my sense of smell were thousands of times more sensitive than a humans I'd spend all day getting high offa my own farts too!

naem
May 29, 2011

Meat and butts and meat an buttts and meat and butts and butts and meat? And butts! And meat and buttds and meat and butts and

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Great job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
"I'm gonna eat this remote control"

• Locked thread