Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
did you see or read tuck everlasting or bridge to terabithia
bridge to terabithia is about banging and co-caine
no, op. go gently caress yourself tia
💂💂💂💂💂💂💂
yeah they rule so what. wanna fight about it?
the man in the yellow suit is a sketchy motherfucker
View Results

• Locked thread
Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

That Robot posted:

well sir

i was on my phone in a restaurant and i wanted to talk to yall about something funny

well...

i also realized that if you did find and replace for the work tuck it would be v funny. there will be nine instances of I AM A loving MORON if you do it right :thumbsup:

also the pistol whipping and hanging is p progressive for a kids book

my bad, heres a cool pic of the man in the yellow suit from the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
other books they tried to force me to read and I didn't: Jacob Have I Loved, Number the Stars, Catherine Called Birdy, No Promises in the Wind, Island of the Blue Dolphins, Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry, I Am The Cheese, I Am The Best Character on the Show, I Am Better Than Both The Salami and The Bologna Combined

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
gently caress both of those books. Also A Separate Peace. :smith:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the man in the yellow suit was the only character i liked and i was pissed how he was killed off in such a discarded way

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Clipperton posted:

i read space demons in school and it was pretty sick

this book loving owned

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I read the book when I was a kid, but I don't remember much about it. I never saw the movie but, IIRC, Rory Calhoun was in it.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

my bad, heres a cool pic of the man in the yellow suit from the movie

thats p drat metal :megadeath:

Trojan.exe posted:

gently caress both of those books. Also A Separate Peace. :smith:

also gently caress robert cormier and the chocolate war far up his dead rear end

who gives a gently caress about a chocolate sale

god

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

JiveHonky posted:

Its not about drag queens, voted 1

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

does anything really happen in that book, or is it just country folk talking about their weird irony curse before the son tries to get infinite teen pussy

The mom murders a dude accidentally to keep their secret iirc

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

immortality but you live in the woods with mountain people, chopping wood and eating pine syrup

The mountain people are also your family so that may be a plus or minus.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
is tuck everlasting the PC term for sex change operation now or whats the deal

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

also rules

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

my stupid boring antonia: a conditioning program to keep children away from books.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord
the house on mango street was all about molestation and the author's weird references to feet

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

That Robot posted:

the house on mango street was all about molestation and the author's weird references to feet

I'm gonna molest your weird feet you demented little fuckbot

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
The movie has Rory from Gilmore Girls in it right?

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model

Crowsbeak posted:

The movie has Rory from Gilmore Girls in it right?

Yes indeed.

Also that movie got it wrong because Alexis Bledel is the one who never ages.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Applewhite posted:

I never saw the movie or read the book. Immortality was an option for one of the characters and she didn't take it? What a loving tool.

Would you want to have to live as a gilmore girl FOREVER?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Clipperton posted:

also rules

You know, the thing about the Chocolate War is that it was a book we never were assigned to read in class, but a ton of students eventually did for some reason. The movie was sort of good if I remember, but I'm still really surprised that in the last 20 some years they haven't remade it. I'm sure that there were a lot of things over the last 2 decades that likely made it an unpopular choice to re-adapt, though.

Heck, I'm surprised the CW doesn't do a Chocolate War TV series. it seems almost right up their alley. It's set in a Catholic school, so they could probably have some vampires from another show appear in a crossover if they wanted.

Speaking of other old YA styled literature that probably should get a movie made: "Why I Left Harry's All-Night Hamburgers" It seems like it could be milked for a combination Star Wars Cantina with a bit of Rick and Morty meets small-town teenage coming of age movie that could be made for about $25M.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

cuck EVERLASTING.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord
why is YA literature always over the top and pissed off or dramatic

it makes it look like a genre for junior assholes

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

That Robot posted:

why is YA literature always over the top and pissed off or dramatic

it makes it look like a genre for junior assholes

im gonna take a dramatic piss in your junior rear end in a top hat

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

JiveHonky posted:

im gonna take a dramatic piss in your junior rear end in a top hat

why are you so angry, mang?

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

AS far as I remember, this book is about what white trash would do with the fountain of youth.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Who wants to live forever? Who dares to love forever?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

That Robot posted:

why are you so angry, mang?

just teasing :bigtran:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I didn't read the thread, but I just wanted to stop by and say this was a weak bait operation, OP, and you can do better than trying to get some Johnny come-lately to post a "cuck everlasting" parody thread.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
do you really want to be forever hung

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

The Bananana posted:

I didn't read the thread, but I just wanted to stop by and say this was a weak bait operation, OP, and you can do better than trying to get some Johnny come-lately to post a "cuck everlasting" parody thread.

it was both because of the jokes, but mostly because i was genuinely curious if anyone had ever read this weird book and/or seen a play about it when they were a kid

also bridge to terabithia gave off weird vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The intro to that book is why I still cringe whenever I hear the phrase "Dog Days of Summer".

• Locked thread