Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the heavyweight champion?
This poll is closed.
Werdum 33 86.84%
Miocic 5 13.16%
Total: 38 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Fabricio "cuck" Werdum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Bundt Cake posted:

Id dig both

Yeah either would be cool

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

E: Cormier is the next one on the chopping block. Rockhold, Maybe.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Dangersim posted:

Really it should be overeem but I could see them pushing the jds rematch

That would be a another brutal fight for JDS ,he won the first one but good lord.
He also got knocked out by Overeem and only won against Rothwell.

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 15, 2016

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
https://vine.co/v/i0ujUJaniv7

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dangersim posted:

Really it should be overeem but I could see them pushing the jds rematch

if they had another big card in brazil that they needed a main event for, JDS possibly reclaiming the belt would be huge, but anywhere else and I think they go with Stipe vs Overeem.

No matter who they pick it will be absurd if the fight happens at a later date than September/October. All three gentlemen are healthy. They could even put it under the McGregor/Diaz fight if they wanted to get some buzz going with the heavyweight title again.

Bubba Smith fucked around with this message at 06:09 on May 15, 2016

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Forceholy posted:

E: Cormier is the next one on the chopping block. Rockhold, Maybe.

I would guess DC has the highest chance. Rockhold and maybe Joanna as the next two. Maybe Lawler if isn't against Woodley. Not sure about RDA

Edit: Forgot RDA vs Alvarez.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 06:12 on May 15, 2016

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
RDA is supposed to be fighting Alvarez, which, lol, I can't see Eddie winning that one. Then it will be either T-Ferg or Khabib for him next probably. Khabib will beat him again, I'm not sure about Ferguson though.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dirt posted:

Senna'ed

Dangersim posted:

Werdum displayed one of the great flaws of chute boxe: getting brutally knocked out by Croatians.

good posting boys.

werdum looked uncomfortable as gently caress when stipe effortlessly checked every kick he threw. i had stipe well in control despite the round to that point being pretty close. good result. i would like overeem's chances better if werdum won.

if anyone has any good avatar material let me know.

Marching Powder fucked around with this message at 07:40 on May 15, 2016

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

cool main and comain

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012

Bubba Smith posted:

if they had another big card in brazil that they needed a main event for, JDS possibly reclaiming the belt would be huge, but anywhere else and I think they go with Stipe vs Overeem.

No matter who they pick it will be absurd if the fight happens at a later date than September/October. All three gentlemen are healthy. They could even put it under the McGregor/Diaz fight if they wanted to get some buzz going with the heavyweight title again.

Jds had shoulder surgery. Who knows how reem is doing, he's pretty banged up most of the time recently.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It's cool that Werdum got caught with a short right hand while Stipe was backpedalling, stumbled, then kept powering forward because Stipe ran into the fence and had to reset and got caught with another short right hand.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Just watched the last couple fights on the card.

I have no idea why Cyborg didn't try hitting 135, she would've stolen Ronda's soul the minute she punched her. Instead she might get a chance to beat up Miesha Tate and nobody will care.

I couldn't watch the Shogun fight but he is clearly not beastin' 25/8 by the looks of it.

Jacare owns and Vitor is once again unable to beat a wrestleman who can move forward and punch and wrestle. He's Pettis-like in his inability to fight off his back foot or circle out.

Heavyweight gonna heavyweight. I wouldn't be surprised if like Overeem or JDS ended up champion by year's end.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

1st AD posted:

I have no idea why Cyborg didn't try hitting 135, she would've stolen Ronda's soul the minute she punched her. Instead she might get a chance to beat up Miesha Tate and nobody will care.

She won't ever hit 135. She's going to keep being the Invicta champ and then do occasional UFC exhibitions catchweight fights on Brazil cards to make some extra cash.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just caught up on fights now, great card. Shame about Werdum but Stipe looked pretty good and I couldn't believe how sloppily Werdum started chasing him. The strangest moment of all was Belfort pulling guard

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 15, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dan Didio posted:

It's cool that Werdum got caught with a short right hand while Stipe was backpedalling, stumbled, then kept powering forward because Stipe ran into the fence and had to reset and got caught with another short right hand.

Yeah I was really surprised he kept at it after such a lucky escape

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

EmmyOk posted:

Just caught up on fights now, great card. Shame about Werdum but Stipe looked pretty good and I couldn't believe how sloppily Werdum started chasing him. The strangest moment of all was Belfort pulling guard

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What was the thread's vibe on the Shogun decision? I was mad.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Generally that the nod could have gone either way, with the first two rounds being coin tosses. Nobody was mad though because nobody likes Corey Anderson for anything other than the basis of jokes about his nickname.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

First round was a fairly definitive Shogun round imo, only the second was close.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Didn't shogun close the first two rounds on top of a nearly beat Anderson? I was kindof in and out of it after r1, but he drat near finished Anderson at the end.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah, both guys were landing throughout the fight but Shogun ended the first 2 rounds stronger and the only round Anderson's wrestling actually did anything was the third, which he won

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Anderson's dominant round was won by holding on to Shogun and trying to sandbag a win. I wasn't surprised by the judging at all.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

RacistGuidingLight posted:

i didn't think either one clearly won the fight, so i'm happy to give it to shogun because he's a Legend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

• Locked thread