Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Hector Beerlioz posted:

My high school had a guy with AIDS come and speak to about having AIDS. A fight in the hallway broke out and he was the only adult around to break it up.

this had to end really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Smash it Smash hit posted:

this had to end really well.

There was a big scare about if his blood got in anybody

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Also, I wasn't there for it, but Goldie Hawn came to speak and while she was sitting on stage people in the front row could see she wasn't wearing underwear.

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011
We had this guy called scarman come junior year to talk about how hosed up he was. He'd go on and on about all his injuries but the one that sticks out was falling in a giant deep fryer lol

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
In 5th grade we had a couple come in to explain to the entire school the wonder and majesty of 3D imagery. It was really bizarre.
We all had 3D glasses on and they just showed us cool pictures in 3D.
Then they sang a weird rap song about 3D and introduced us to a gang hand sign that they said represented 3D.
I really don't remember much else since th is was back in 1994.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

In 1st or 2nd grade, there was this assembly they warned us ahead of time was optional, but they didn't say what would be in it. They had some ex-cons come to speak about what a difference Jesus had made in their lives, and how they'd still be murderers if they hadn't converted. They put on a show involving helping kids rip phonebooks and attributing it to the power God had given them. This was a public school.

Most of the time, the assembles were asking students to do fundraising by selling chocolate bars or items from a magazine catalog and talking about what cool prizes you could get if you came in 3rd, 2nd, or 1st, like this neat frisbee or this awesome boombox. They warned us "stranger danger", don't go door to door, sell them through your family and your family's friends' connections. My parents were flat broke and didn't know anybody. I set out around the neighborhood trying to sell chocolate bars. I remember trying to sell to this guy with diabetes who had marks on his skin which looked a little purple, and this elderly woman with a neck-flap half a foot long who lived with an even more elderly woman who was her mother. My dad took me to the car dealership where he used to work and I guess I sold six there. The kids that won had extended families and parents everybody knew was loaded. I never tried selling anything again, but I had to sit through a dozen more assemblies about selling things.

We had intramurals once or so a semester where kids competed with the teachers at basketball, wrapped them like a toilet paper mummy, or competed in a race where you sit on a square plastic dolly on four wheels and have to move it to the finish line with your hands. I thought they were a ridiculous waste of school time and taxpayer money, so I always brought a book and studied all the way through it.

A zydeco band with a washboard, harmonica, and banjo came to play Louisiana music and speak to us about it. They filed us into the cafeteria, where all the tables were collapsed against the wall, and we all sit Indian-style on green linoleum tiles. They talked about endangerment and extinction in the tropical rainforest.

We had a few assemblies where Kids on the Block put on this muppet-show about kids having to use wheelchairs or having AIDS. We also had a few assemblies where the principal took us out at classes just to yell at all of us for the actions of a few of us getting in fights. My middle school principal's name was Mr. Moody and to this day he had the had the roundest, reddest face I've ever seen in my life.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Jump Rope For Heart.

red_dirt
Apr 26, 2014

by Shine
Rerun gave an anti-drug speech to my small town high school. There's no way he got paid for it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Rerun has demons.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Salem Saberhagen posted:

In 5th grade we had a couple come in to explain to the entire school the wonder and majesty of 3D imagery. It was really bizarre.
We all had 3D glasses on and they just showed us cool pictures in 3D.
Then they sang a weird rap song about 3D and introduced us to a gang hand sign that they said represented 3D.
I really don't remember much else since th is was back in 1994.

these people trolled your school's administration and it was awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i love white rap

• Locked thread