Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

a game that's not really decided yet.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

CBJSprague24 posted:

Noticeable patches of empty seats in the lower bowl for a game that's not really decided yet.

Oh cool, arena chat already? Wow, that's usually game 6 territory.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

CBJSprague24 posted:

Noticeable patches of empty seats in the lower bowl for a game that's not really decided yet.

Eh, Tampa killing that penalty pretty much closes the book on this game.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
Letang is just not right.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
letang intentionally slowing up on the non-icing

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

I always thought it was funny that you could sub your goalie BACK in on an icing.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Poonerman posted:

Every NHL defensemen intentionally slowing up on the non-icing

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

WouldDesk posted:

Letang is just not right.

Yeah :sigh:

hosed Up Letang is still better than Lovejoy or Cole and probably a wash with Jultz or Pouliot though.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

lol Letang falling down and almost letting the puck trickle out of the zone there.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Yo Pens, score 2 quick ones, then lets get into triple OT and have the Bolts win it.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Rotten Cookies posted:

lol Letang falling down and almost letting the puck trickle out of the zone there.

He is broken.

Still an rear end in a top hat, but a broken one.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I wish Bishop hasn't gotten hurt and the Lightning hadn't driven a couple guys heads into the boards so I could feel a little better about this.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

Sully is going to chew them out so much tonight...

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Neitherman posted:

Murray is going to chew them out so much tonight...

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
:science: BOLTS WIN!

Seven to go

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

drat, that game got boring fast.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

21-year-old isn't going to chew out anyone in that locker room

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Pens usually respond well after poo poo games, I hope that trend continues

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
Last second "waffleboard".

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The difference between this and pretty much any of the past 5 years is that I have some confidence Sullivan will straighten them out and adjust the team's strategy to deal with how fast Tampa moves the puck.

It'll really help if Letang and Dumo are healthy for Game 2 though.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
So much for the vaunted speed game. Only thing speeding was Lightning forwards into the heads of the Penguins defensemen.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

BOLTS WIN :toot:

EAT ALL THE SHITS PITTSBURGH

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Pens made lots of mistakes and Tampa buried most of them. Should be two suspensions but probably won't be. Would be surprised if Letang is legitimately ok.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I hope Murray retains the job because he did nothing tonight to justify being benched, but the wails for MAF from Yinzerville (and possibly, more importantly, inside the locker room) are about to reach a new crescendo. I don't think it moves the needle either way on the Pens' chances of winning if they make the switch, though.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 14, 2016

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Captain Internet posted:

So much for the vaunted speed game. Only thing speeding was Lightning forwards into the heads of the Penguins defensemen.
I blame the ice, it was making everyone wiff on the shots too

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
Brian Boyle is actually likable and a good post game interview. Dammit, night worse.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

WouldDesk posted:

Brian Boyle is actually likable and a good post game interview. Dammit, night worse.
hes not at all likable.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

achillesforever6 posted:

I blame the ice, it was making everyone wiff on the shots too

Naw, Verizon center had much shittier ice and we played better there. Pens probably on their heels because they never start well, the flow got messed up by the constant carnival of intentional and freak injuries and then Tampa rallied hard around losing their starter.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Infidel Castro posted:

BOLTS WIN :toot:

EAT ALL THE SHITS PITTSBURGH

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

I've done this before, but I always underestimate how emotionally taxing a month of playoff hockey is.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

How is Bishop? I felt really bad for him - nobody should go out like that especially.

Everyone in my section ( as well as the rest of the arena) was hoping he was okay.

I was in the same section as the Rangers Game 1 when Lundqvist did his delay of game and at first they were skeptical. Then we could hear Bishop. :gonk: Again, hate to see a solid player go out like that.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Pens made lots of mistakes and Tampa buried most of them. Should be two suspensions but probably won't be. Would be surprised if Letang is legitimately ok.

Should be interesting how the boarding call plays out and the Kunitz hit - I was at the game and just got home so didn't hear much commentary or remember who hit Letang or who the TB player (number 9) who left the ice was? I wouldn't be surprised at 1 game suspensions for each.

All that said, god the Pens played like poo poo tonight and props to the Lightning for shutting them down. They played some really solid defense all night. The Pens could not do anything inside the Lightning's zone -except pass around wildly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

Eric the Mauve posted:

I hope Murray retains the job because he did nothing tonight to justify being benched, but the wails for MAF from Yinzerville (and possibly, more importantly, inside the locker room) are about to reach a new crescendo. I don't think it moves the needle either way on the Pens' chances of winning if they make the switch, though.

I think Sully will stay the course. Murray was really only at fault for one of those goals.

• Locked thread