Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
ricuted and shocked and die of lightening poisoning and poo poo? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Nooner as your assigned forum's guardian angel I am very disturbed by your attempts to garner punishment. Please take better care of yourself.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
they don't get how electricity works

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

nooner - hail satan and smoke meth im the other dude what with the pitchform and badass stache

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
WHAT WAS HIS NAME?!?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
God protects dogs and Satan protects cats

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

you guys ever notice how Nooner loving sucks?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's because they are assholes

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

The Rage posted:

Uh no. What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
That's actually a good question. We might need Three Phase to answer it, but my guess is that they actually do get shocked, but because the cord they chew through is typically the thin part of the cord (meaning, it's being chewed AFTER the transformer), they aren't getting 110V/220V. I honestly just kinda pulled this out of my rear end, but if a dog chews your iPhone cable while it is being charged, the dog isn't getting hit with anything close to 110/220. If the dog chewed through something like a lamp cord though, I would imagine that could result in an injury or death, since those don't drop down the voltage until they get to the unit itself, so they actually are getting hit with 110/220.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Luvcow posted:

they don't get how electricity works

It can't hurt non believers

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Nooner why don't you die of lightning poisoning

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Nah, my dad had a dog that chewed extension cords for fun. He'd get a jolt, then he'd jump around and bark at the cord, then chew it some more like Bart Simpson trying to grab a cupcake. One day the dog tried chewing on the dryer cable, and slightly later that day they didn't have an entire dog anymore

That's my electric dog story thanks for listening

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

Nah, my dad had a dog that chewed extension cords for fun. He'd get a jolt, then he'd jump around and bark at the cord, then chew it some more like Bart Simpson trying to grab a cupcake. One day the dog tried chewing on the dryer cable, and slightly later that day they didn't have an entire dog anymore

That's my electric dog story thanks for listening

was the dryer ok?

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
electric dog is my dealer name

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

was the dryer ok?

okay?

dude it was ecstatic

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Voting 5 for that funny electricity pun alone.

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

The Rage posted:

Yeah. He is terrible.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

okay?

dude it was ecstatic

you can feel it

it's electric

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
We had a pet rabbit that chewed through a gamecube controller cable once, and she didn't get hurt at all. But cutting that did shut off the gamecube, for some reason.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
This has weighed heavily on my mind as well. Hopefully our resident Goons Scientist/Genius Dad Gay So What can weigh on on this quandary. Jerry Mumphrey might know some stuff as well perhaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
My cat once chewed a cable and got electrocuted. It hosed up a good portion of his face too and he had to go to the vet. He's all better these days but he still chews on cables like a retard.

• Locked thread