Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Anybody know what happened to the numa numa hey guy or the chocolate rain dude? Or the obsessed gf girl? or any other meme people for that matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

On point

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model

Trojan.exe fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 15, 2016

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model

About Me
Who is Gary Brolsma and what is the “Numa Numa Dance”?

Numa Numa Dance - Gary BrolsmaThe “Numa Numa Dance”, was a webcam video created by me, Gary Brolsma, in November 2004. It was submitted online to Newgrounds.com on December 2004. This website was unique at the time, because Newgrounds mainly offered Flash based movies and animations, so I had to convert the video into Flash format for viewing, as YouTube didn’t exist yet. Moving forward just two years later to September of 2006, the original Numa Numa Dance video has hit over 15 million views on Newgrounds.com alone, not to mention the other countless number of websites that it is now hosted on since then.

It’s been featured in multiple newspapers, radio, and television such as ABC Good Morning America, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, and VH1, just to name a few. You can still watch the original today, by going over to Newgrounds.

Numa Numa on Newgrounds.com homepage in 2004.I got the idea to call it “Numa Numa” from the Romanian lyrics of the chorus from the song “Dragostea Din Tei“, by the band O-Zone. I’ve always have been a fan of making little video clips to entertain friends, by making mini-documentaries on stupid things, or just plain old goofing around. Honestly, this video was only meant to be exactly that. The video was originally intended to make a few friends laugh by just goofing off. It only took one take and about 15 minutes of splicing in random pictures of my friends to put all together. A week or so after I finished the video, I decided to throw it up on Newgrounds just for the heck of it, thinking it would be blammed (or automatically deleted for a low scoring video). Little did I know it would wind up on featured on their homepage and explode in views, touchin the hearts of so many people. This was actually during the transition period where YouTube just had launched and was suddenly becoming more and more popular.

I owe much of my success to Tom and Wade Fulp, and the entire team at Newgrounds, so I can’t thank them enough. Tom also has my original white and blue stripe t-shirt that I wore in the video in 2004.

Deciding to make a lipsync dance to Dragostea Din Tei in itself was pretty random, back then I was interested in Flash Animation and was browsing sites such as Albino Blacksheep. I learned of the song from “Maiyahi” by Ikari. I couldn’t tell you how I found it or why, because I honestly don’t know… ha ha. My video actually caused O-Zone’s album to go way up the charts over in their country and in other places around the world. Lyrics are in the special version of the movie, and it’s about a guy who loves a girl, but the girl doesn’t want him anymore (at least that’s what I gathered). There’s nothing relevant in the lyrics in any way to the video. O-Zone has since broken up as a band, and a CD is not available for purchase in American stores, but you should be able to find it online.

I’ve gotten the opportunity to do so many cool things because of this silly little video I made, and I’m so honored and happy that I got to be a part of all of it. Thank you so much for stopping by and watching my content. If you enjoy my videos and want to see more, please subscribe on YouTube! I’m constantly working on new projects too… check out my video gaming channel, Limit Break Arcade, and my band, The Backroom Deal!

If you need more information, you can read my article on Wikipedia, or send me an e-mail.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
the cat in the keep your fork there's pie image is dead as gently caress

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I thought the numa numa guy became an insane recluse or something. sadly that sounds like a relatively well-adjusted individual. boooring

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
wonder what the goatman is up to these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhTLDV9qPZ4

• Locked thread