Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Problem description: As the title says I recently replaced every single part of my PC apart from the SSD. It has windows 10 and all drivers from my last MOBO / GPU whatever.

I installed new drivers as I found them on the website of my MOBO manufacturer. After I did so everything seems so be working pretty well.

Now my question is: should I have deleted all the old drivers first? Is there an easy way to delete all pre-existing drivers without having to identify / locate every single one of them?

Attempted fixes: My finger is hovering over the sysprep button, but im angsty

--

Operating system: windows 10

System specs: ASUS Z170i PRO GAMING MOBO, i5-6600k, 660 GTX, GEIL RAM, OCZ VERTEX 4 SSD

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruit Smoothies
Mar 28, 2004

The bat with a ZING
Yeah just install from scratch

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Fruit Smoothies posted:

Yeah just install from scratch

can I do this by sysprepping? Ive never done this before, I'd hate to lose my OS and files

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

When you're essentially replacing the computer (Motherboard/Processor specifically, but since you've replaced literally everything...) you should reinstall windows. Copy any data that you want to keep from your SSD to another drive, then reinstall windows (which will include formatting the SSD). Keeping the old windows install around can just lead to weird issues that will crop up later. Re-installing windows won't take all that long, especially with an SSD. If you do decide to go this route, make sure when you go to install windows that you only leave the SSD connected, or windows will (un)helpfully put critical files onto the secondary drive, despite most of the OS living on the SSD.

• Locked thread