Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

X-O posted:

RIVERDALE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3NQ3L76nYM&t=337s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
If nothing else, Riverdale can't possibly be any worse than the last attempt to adapt Archie into live action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBojt6fDVvw

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Tie all superhero cw shows together. Give us those brilliant, 38 character romps

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

"We're dead. Bartowski's got a gun."

quote:

Archie Andrews (KJ Apa) is still the all-American teen, but the summer’s events made him realize that he wants to pursue a career in music — not follow in his dad’s footsteps—despite the sudden end of his forbidden relationship with Riverdale’s young music teacher, Ms.Grundy (Sarah Habel).
What the fresh hell?

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

AnimeJune posted:

What the fresh hell?

Infinite diversity, in infinite lovely combinations.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

NowonSA posted:

I hope that Supernatural lasts for more than 20 seasons, the gunsmoke of our generation.

At one of the Supernatural cons Ackles supposedly said that he would try to beat Gunsmoke for number of seasons. (Yes, there are Supernatural conventions.) By all accounts, the cast and crew enjoy working together, and the stars haven't had much success transitioning to film, so they're not about to try to pull a Shelly Long or David Caruso to try to launch their film careers.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

AnimeJune posted:

What the fresh hell?

It's the dark and edgy Archie reboot people have never always wanted.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
It's a strange thing when the Archie zombie apocalypse comic seems more true to the original characters than the Archie teen soap. Even stranger that they're both from the same writer.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

AnimeJune posted:

What the fresh hell?

Its the first episode of Dawson's Creek

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

thrakkorzog posted:

At one of the Supernatural cons Ackles supposedly said that he would try to beat Gunsmoke for number of seasons. (Yes, there are Supernatural conventions.) By all accounts, the cast and crew enjoy working together, and the stars haven't had much success transitioning to film, so they're not about to try to pull a Shelly Long or David Caruso to try to launch their film careers.

I've watched like 2 episodes ever. Have they run out of mythology and monsters yet or do they just come up with their own and/or repeat established stuff now?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

sticklefifer posted:

I've watched like 2 episodes ever. Have they run out of mythology and monsters yet or do they just come up with their own and/or repeat established stuff now?

The current season has run out of escalating Big Bads such that they're now fighting God's Sister, The Darkness, who has been freed and wants to rip everything apart that her brother sealed her away to create. Witches, angels, demons, Lucifer and God himself went up against her last week, it didn't end well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

sticklefifer posted:

Its basically a mix of a loose "Christian" mythology core that drives most of their story arcs and then a lot of stand alones (and the occasional arch) based on other monsters and myths. They always seem to manage to come up with new myths or monsters each season or new spins on them, which are usually the episodes fans like the most. The "Christian" stuff has gotten a bit stale and convoluted but they upped it big this season and a lot of fans are hoping that they'll ditch it next and go "back to basics."

• Locked thread