Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

SSNeoman posted:

I kinda appreciate the PS2's interior sections much more than its exterior ones.

It would be a bit more enjoyable if the enemies tried to stop you in either location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

You get one of the optional One Man Army missions this time, too.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
I love comparative LPs like this, especially of movie-based titles, since they are often based on different versions of the script and therefore give insight into the movie's development, or simply draw upon different supplementary material. It also helps that all the versions aside from the "main one" tend to be poo poo, so an LP is the best way to experience them.

I also love how they got RDJ to voice Tony Stark, but not Iron Man. Someone done hosed up on the contract!

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Pizdec posted:

I love comparative LPs like this, especially of movie-based titles, since they are often based on different versions of the script and therefore give insight into the movie's development, or simply draw upon different supplementary material. It also helps that all the versions aside from the "main one" tend to be poo poo, so an LP is the best way to experience them.

I also love how they got RDJ to voice Tony Stark, but not Iron Man. Someone done hosed up on the contract!

Yeah, "Iron Man" and "Tony Stark" are even listed separately in the credits. It's pretty funny.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

I wonder if anything bad happens in the story in this particular chapter

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

We are one mission away from the ending

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

In which Obadiah waxes poetic

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Maybe you made it look easy, but that boss fight almost seemed like they tacked it on with whatever sliver was left of the budget. "Hey, you know what would be a great end to the game? Killing the same boss four or five times in a row. No, he won't change his tactics or anything."

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Hello Sailor posted:

Maybe you made it look easy, but that boss fight almost seemed like they tacked it on with whatever sliver was left of the budget. "Hey, you know what would be a great end to the game? Killing the same boss four or five times in a row. No, he won't change his tactics or anything."

That's a fair assessment of that fight.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I have seen the movie (years ago), but I could not follow the plot of these games at all. Especially the last few episodes. Like, the one where Stane... steals his artificial heart thingy? But instead of dying he's just back in the Iron Man suit somehow?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Tiggum posted:

I have seen the movie (years ago), but I could not follow the plot of these games at all. Especially the last few episodes. Like, the one where Stane... steals his artificial heart thingy? But instead of dying he's just back in the Iron Man suit somehow?

The flashback is meant to imply that he finds and uses the original reactor that Yinsen made.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

GamesAreSupernice posted:

You get one of the optional One Man Army missions this time, too.

I'm super late on this, but you asked why there would be nuclear power on an aircraft carrier in the PS2 video. It's actually common practice to have nuclear carriers these days. The entire US carrier fleet is nuclear, starting with the recently out of service USS Enterprise (CVN-65).

Anyways, I've loved this side-by-side LP.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I enjoyed the comparison of these two games.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Thank you<3 It was fun to set up and try something new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, the comparative aspect was great.

The PS3 version at least ended up an interesting extension of the movie's plot IMO. The gameplayed looked like a slog after the few initial mission though.

• Locked thread