Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Actually, you know what?

I don't trust YPM, and he's been doing nothing but insult me this last day.

We're not discussing anything with any rigor, and even with IS's attempts to restart discussion, we're not getting anywhere but running in circles.

I know I'm town.

I don't know poo poo about you, YPM.

##vote YPM

:redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:suspense:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Your Personal Muse (3): IllegallySober, Kasumeat, Kasumeat, IllegallySober, Kasumeat, Hal Incandenza, Absurd Revolver
Absurd Revolver (1): Kasumeat, Kasumeat, Kasumeat, Your Personal Muse, Kasumeat
Kasumeat (0): Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse

Not Voting (1): IllegallySober

There are 5 living players. Elimination occurs at 3 votes!

The current deadline is May 28th, 2016 at 2 a.m. CDT -- that's in about 23 hours, 39 minutes.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Your Personal Muse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZxlCmZdXtE

David Sanborn playing Your Party, Mafia Goon, has been eliminated Day Four.

Congratulations, Town. Your saxes have stopped the Sanborn.

Surviving Players:

Absurd Revolver, Bill Bergman playing You Belong to the City, Vanilla Town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4ueaD22hg8

Hal Incandenza, Rindy Ross playing Harden My Heart, Town Doctor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS-or9tZ_eY

IllegallySober, Stewart Matthewman playing Smooth Operator, Town Tracker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TYv2PhG89A

Kasumeat, Raphael Ravenscroft playing Baker Street, Vanilla Town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgQWjQZydY0

Scumdoc
Moddoc

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
Yay! GJ AR, another game-winning vote for you.

That was stupid game though and I feel sorry for scum. You played really well YPM. We got SUPER lucky d1 with that lynch and then Goku getting modkilled. I would've pushed for a lynch on him otherwise rofl

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Thanks for the game Allen.

I knew I was pretty much boned but my only hope was lynch AR today, no kill tonight, lynch Kas and choose correctly at final three. I was trying to get AR mad and flip out on me in hopes that one of the town would see that as scummy and prematurely hammer him, but he got angry too late to his credit.

Kas, very good job. I don't think you really suspected me other than process, but it was so hard to play against you since you were so town.

IS, good job on the fake out. If you had tracked me instead of Kas, I think Kas would have been lynched, but it was very smart to claim me and track Kas.

AR, you HAVE to post more. Like come on. I know you complained that people keep lynching you, but it's because you are so hard to read and it's almost like you don't care about the game. I'm sorry for trying to prod you, but please post more. Your content when you aren't being defensive is pretty decent, just post your thoughts.

I'm sorry, Quid that I didn't save you from the turbo. I had a lot of stuff happen to me this last week, but luckily it resulted in a very good internship for me! So I'm not bummed out. But I wasn't paying enough attention in the beginning to save you.

I hope I didn't make it too easy for you guys.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Also, I don't think docs should be able to self protect in future variations of this game. It makes it so they have less reason not to claim, which means it's easy for town to get some confirmed people

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Thanks again for the game Allan.

Maybe a reasonable rule would be Doc self-protection is OK in closed setups, but not in open? I feel like open setups are pro-town. Also I prefer PRs to be on the weaker side so it's more about posting and analysis than PRs. But I'm also biased because I'm literally always VT (that would be the literal definition of literal).

Kash, I'm curious, why were you thinking me scum over YPM? I would've been really torn in your position, but you seemed confident. I felt pretty confident that I had played very town which is why I suspected you—it seemed like your vote was strategy to eliminate the towniest non-confirmed player while you still had the best chance of doing so, even if it was a longshot.

AR, as YPM mentioned the biggest thing you need to do is post more. But also be really careful about making false statements (you made 2, about not endgaming and about being confirmed), I REALLY didn't want to trust you after that.

Nutsack, if you're still here, please put a little more effort in. Playing with low-effort players isn't much fun.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

So, yeah, I probably bungled a couple things there, but I basically wanted this idea off my docket before it stopped being funny to me, and these last couple weeks have been absolute bastards at work, so yeah, that's on me. The next one's gonna be better---but it's also not going to be for quite a while.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
God drat kasu you felt so scummy to me. Like it was so over the top trying to be town

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Thanks for the tips, I'll write a longer review of my thoughts when I'm at my computer.

For now, great game guys, it was fun as hell.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

That was a lot of fun. I'd like to do a longer wrap-up when I get back to my computer as well, but thanks to Allen Wren for the game and YPM for giving it his best shot to pull out what would have been an amazing victory for the scum team.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
By the way, I was posting my thoughts in the scum doc so you folks would have something to read

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Your Personal Muse posted:

By the way, I was posting my thoughts in the scum doc so you folks would have something to read

And it was a good read! Sucks about the missed NK on night 1, that would have had a pretty big impact.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

D1 turbo on me was dumb :argh:

You almost did it, YPM, well played~

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I love being right

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks as always Allen, saxophones rule and so do you

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.
gg gratz to me for playing a perfect game

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

gg gratz to me for playing a perfect game

Actually, that is a thing I wanted to mention.

This post, apart from the fact that there was no kill, so the doc didn't save you, just protected you, is completely accurate.

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

##vote ypm

scum = busted

gj doc saving me last night. wp.

For someone who went in to shitpost pretty intensely, that is an amazing case of a stopped clock being right twice a day.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Also a textbook case of "Mafia isn't about being right, it's about convincing others that you're right"

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.
i wish i was such a natural mafia talent that i was just lucky but the truth is, & i mean this in earnest, i had to reread d1 once to realize the 2nd scum

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
For the record I would have murdered either AR or IS depending on how much research I wanted to do into whether IS was new or not day 1

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

This was fun to read. Also lol at anyone who got upset about the mod kill. Literally posted in the OP. Don't know how that was an issue.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Your Personal Muse posted:

For the record I would have murdered either AR or IS depending on how much research I wanted to do into whether IS was new or not day 1

Getting back to this late, but if you'd looked back a few days in my post history from when I started the game you would have seen my posts in the discussion thread about being brand-new to this so it wouldn't have taken a lot of effort :)

That being said, out of curiosity, would you have murdered me for being new or left me to see what would happen?

I wound up following Kasu's lead for a majority of this game because he seemed so Town that it was hard to think he was anything else. That being said, if he were scum I would have fallen for that hook, line, and sinker.

YPM, thank you for posting your thoughts in the scumdoc even after you were the only one left. It really helps me as a new player to see what the thought process was of someone who clearly knows their way around the game and I appreciate it!

Thanks again, Allen, for modding the game and allowing someone brand-new like me in!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

Getting back to this late, but if you'd looked back a few days in my post history from when I started the game you would have seen my posts in the discussion thread about being brand-new to this so it wouldn't have taken a lot of effort :)

That being said, out of curiosity, would you have murdered me for being new or left me to see what would happen?

I wound up following Kasu's lead for a majority of this game because he seemed so Town that it was hard to think he was anything else. That being said, if he were scum I would have fallen for that hook, line, and sinker.

YPM, thank you for posting your thoughts in the scumdoc even after you were the only one left. It really helps me as a new player to see what the thought process was of someone who clearly knows their way around the game and I appreciate it!

Thanks again, Allen, for modding the game and allowing someone brand-new like me in!

There's a sort of gentleman's agreement here that brand-new players aren't voted on day one, I presume YPM is extending that to the night 1 scumkill.

That lasts exactly one game, though, so you've had your reprieve.

New players are always welcome, and you did just fine in your rookie outing. I hope to see you in another game down the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

IllegallySober posted:

I would have left you alive if I had found the posts about you being brand new. But I also would not have looked in the discussion thread, although I had the distinct feeling that you were very new, so I probably would not have murdered you. Also I don't know my way around this game.

• Locked thread