Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It's always nice when people manage to find their extra bullets a home, like a responsible owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Blood boil is amazing in those cramped quarters with so many enemies. :allears:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Ming is such an annoying pest of a boss. The one plus of doing a Stupid Idiot...I mean Kuei-Jin route is to not have to do the blob monster bit

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 58 - A Venture in Pain
We begin our assault on the prince's tower.

Episode 59 - Things Best Forgotten
We battle through the prince's toughest defenders and...reach an ending.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
I've decide that I'll do a few bonus videos of the alternate endings. They should be up on Friday, so let's table any spoiler discussion related to them specifically until then. Suffice to say the Cammy ending was not what I expected!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yeah, it's kinda disappointing compared to the other endings. But it's totally in character for Strauss and it's not a bad ending for the main character.

Nice astrolite work there though. :v:

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Poil posted:

Yeah, it's kinda disappointing compared to the other endings. But it's totally in character for Strauss and it's not a bad ending for the main character.

Nice astrolite work there though. :v:

Yeah it's exactly what I should have expected of Strauss. For what little face time we had, he always seemed like the voice of reason. A wise teacher, etc, etc.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

He's right, too. It's good to be safe, just on the off chance that there's a blood god from before recorded history in there.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

wiegieman posted:

He's right, too. It's good to be safe, just on the off chance that there's a blood god from before recorded history in there.

we'll just store this one next to the ark of the covenant and the collection of Lemarchant Puzzle boxes. There's no way that'd go wrong.

double nine fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 23, 2017

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

And yeah, that little sideroom in the Ventrue tower is where you come in as a Nosferatu (Chunk will never let you in the front door, declaring LaCroix "Didn't make any appointments with gargoyles". So you always end up going through the sewer entrance and the alternate elevator to see him.)

Kind of clever the way they play the Nosferatu route, since a portion of quest people won't even talk to you. So they tend to just give you what you want, like the old woman at the diner during Lily's quest will just faint at the sight of you and drop all the required clues for you to pick up. Also I'm pretty sure it's the only route where Gary doesn't yell about wanting to dip you in acid :v:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

DeathChicken posted:

Also I'm pretty sure it's the only route where Gary doesn't yell about wanting to dip you in acid :v:

Gary really hates Toreadors, because he used to be an actor and now he's this, but they get to be sexy forever.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Extra 1 - What If: Kuei-jin
We check out what would have happened had we sided with the Kuei-jin.

Extra 2 - What If: Anarchs
We check out what would have happened had we sided with the Anarchs.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

rojogames posted:

Extra 1 - What If: Kuei-jin
We check out what would have happened had we sided with the Kuei-jin.

I always loved this ending, because how loving dumb do you have to be to think this would be a good idea?

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

ulmont posted:

I always loved this ending, because how loving dumb do you have to be to think this would be a good idea?

It really captures the feeling of the tabletop game. Well, I'm not going to stop you from doing this, but I am going to laugh at you about it later.

Puukko naamassa
Mar 25, 2010

Oh No! Bruno!
Lipstick Apathy
The Kuei-jin ending is certainly fitting if you decide to side with them, it's just a bit silly that you could boil the blood of every mook in the room in a heartbeat and then take out Ming Xiao with just a bit more effort, but instead you apparently choose to let them do that to you.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I can't believe you didn't show off the dancing wolf ending.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
The plus patch added another ending. You can talk your way out of a fight with the sabbat leader and side with him. The graphics are mostly the same as the Kuei Jin ending.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Puukko naamassa posted:

The Kuei-jin ending is certainly fitting if you decide to side with them, it's just a bit silly that you could boil the blood of every mook in the room in a heartbeat and then take out Ming Xiao with just a bit more effort, but instead you apparently choose to let them do that to you.

I was thinking that myself.

CirclMastr posted:

I can't believe you didn't show off the dancing wolf ending.

Maybe I'll make a short vid to show that. I was a little confused when I saw it - I thought it might have been a bug at the time where Malk dialogue was available for some reason.

Added Space posted:

The plus patch added another ending. You can talk your way out of a fight with the sabbat leader and side with him. The graphics are mostly the same as the Kuei Jin ending.

Didn't know that! Probably won't make a video for it since I'd likely have to replay half the game and as you said it's similar to the Kuei-jin ending.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Lol, that grenade. Was it just a disguised firecracker?

The anarch ending is pretty great. Love Jack. :)

(reposting the song that actually plays during the credits because it's good)

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Extra 3 - Dance!
Let's see that dancing wolf again!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That is the first option I took when I recently beat this as Nosferatu. Saw that down there and was like "What the hell is that...oh. Oh."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

rojogames posted:

Episode 55 - Who Can You Trust?
We meet up with Jack's driver and decide who to side with.

I was struggling not to yell "Drink some loving blood!" at the screen during this episode. And the reason not to side with the anarchs is that they're loving idiots and generally aggressive and unpleasant. They're not power-hungry or part of any kind of evil organisation, they're just dickheads. Dickheads who are obviously going to lose.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Tiggum posted:

I was struggling not to yell "Drink some loving blood!" at the screen during this episode. And the reason not to side with the anarchs is that they're loving idiots and generally aggressive and unpleasant. They're not power-hungry or part of any kind of evil organisation, they're just dickheads. Dickheads who are obviously going to lose.
Yeah Nines always made it hard for me to side with the Anarchs. For someone supposedly on the "little guy's" side he sure as poo poo can be a condescending prick.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Nordick posted:

Yeah Nines always made it hard for me to side with the Anarchs. For someone supposedly on the "little guy's" side he sure as poo poo can be a condescending prick.

He saved our lives two and a half times, what more do you want from him?

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011
Now that we've seen the big reveal about what is and isn't inside the Sarcophagus, I can make this observation:

It's interesting to note that of all the options you can pick for your endgame, every option that allows you to bypass one set of enemies and a boss fight is one that leads to a You're Screwed ending...

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So how about that cab driver? :v:

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

DeathChicken posted:

So how about that cab driver? :v:

Playing as a Malk is great in general, but the reveal in the cab makes it even better.

Cain for life yo.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Poil posted:

I remember one theory I read but I can't post it until the endgame. Spoilers. :)

Post your theories!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The Anarchs are aggressive towards the main character because you're Lacroix's errand girl/boy and they absolutely hate Lacroix. If you're nice towards them you can tell Damsel you want to join up and she lets you (and is actually slightly more civil towards you, believe it or not).

Stroth posted:

Post your theories!
The cab driver might be Cain and his presence is what some are sensing as weird and fear is coming from the mystery box. :v:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He's also listed as "Caine" in the game's voice files, so yeah

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The endings for this game really annoy me. There's some stuff that doesn't make much sense. Like, if the sarcophagus is just full of explosives, why does Becket show up looking so scared and tell you to get away from it? And in the Camarilla ending, they know it's already been opened on the ship, so why are they so worried about it? That's also an issue for Lacroix, but it's more plausible that one megalomaniac would convince himself that it apparently being opened before either didn't happen or wasn't important. And the explosives themselves being on a timer makes no sense. How the hell do you arrange that so the sarcophagus gets opened up at the right time? Or even that Lacroix would have it when it exploded? Or was Jack's plan just to blow up anyone and he didn't care who, and the timing was coincidental?

And it really annoys me that the Camarilla ending contradicts the Lacroix and Anarch endings by having it not explode. Either Jack put explosives in it or he didn't, you can't have it both ways.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Presumably Jack gave Becket a forceful warning.

The timer was rigged to a trigger that was set off by opening the box, allowing anyone opening the box a few seconds to realize how screwed they were.

Yeah, opening the box was a bonus, Jack was just happy with how much it stirred poo poo by existing. If you open the box, his ending scene had a weak 'shame about the kid' line.

Added Space fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 2, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

My guess would be:

1. Jack meets the cab driver (Caine?), is told about the sarcophagus and together they hatch a plan to get rid of Lacroix and have some fun.
2. Jack places the map at the archeologists apartment.
3. The sarcophagus is excavated and begins the journey to LA.
4. The key is stolen, presumably by Jack.
5. Jack sneaks aboard the ship, kills everyone and makes it looks like it was something from inside the sarcophagus
6. Jack rigs the explosives and takes the old corpse with him.
7. The key ends up in Kuei Jin hands, possibly stealthily delivered by Jack.
8. Jack and/or Caine sets up, or helps to set up, the start of the game.
9. Jack or Caine gives Becket a hint to avoid being around the box so he doesn't die.
10. Boom. :)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Becket having one of the Cabbie's mysterious "I certainly know way more poo poo about Caine than you'd think, don't I?" conversations is a funny way to imagine him getting spooked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Becket was quite chummy with the higher ups (God) during the final days, so having a talk with Caine wouldn't be to far out.

• Locked thread