Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I asking for some player or something like PLEX where it randomize the episodes of a tv show or video like how a network would play a episode of a tv show. I was looking for something like this because while just putting a bunch of videos on random in VLC is fine, I would prefer if it would always pull something from one series first then play a random episode from the next set series.

Googling got some links about a person suggesting this for PLEX, but that was from six years ago and nothing came of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Bump

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast
I use J River Media Center, which is pretty versatile (although not free), I created a quick Smartlist which picks up a random episode from one TV series at a time.

I'm not 100% sure what rules you want, but it could probably be done. I even have an old version, so they might have expanded these capabilities in the newer version.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

HalloKitty posted:

I use J River Media Center, which is pretty versatile (although not free), I created a quick Smartlist which picks up a random episode from one TV series at a time.

I'm not 100% sure what rules you want, but it could probably be done. I even have an old version, so they might have expanded these capabilities in the newer version.

That does sound sorta what I would like. I will have to look into that one. Thank you.

• Locked thread