Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Problem description:

I have a fairly new Ghost Pro 002. Certain games launched through Steam launch to a black screen, but I can hear the sound in the background and, if I move the arrows etc., can hear the cursor moving in the background. It only seems to happen in Steam games at this point, and it is happening on games which used to work just fine (e.g., Tomb Raider, Dark Souls III). I just installed new nVidia drivers but I don't think that's the cause, because Doom wasn't working before and it isn't working after.

I re-installed Steam and the offending games but I'm still having the issue. It doesn't happen with every game launched through Steam (Marvel Heroes works fine) and it doesn't affect games launched through battle.net at all.

Anyone have any clue what's going on and how I can fix it? Much thanks in advance.

Attempted fixes: Re-installed Steam and the offending games.

Recent changes: Not really. Installed Doom and new nVidia drivers.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit,.

System specs: MSI Ghost Pro-002 Laptop (Model No. MS-16H7)

EDIT: I was able to fix this on my own. I installed a program called Duet Display, which lets me use my iPad as a second screen with my laptop. For whatever reason, that program was causing these games to load to a black screen. I uninstalled it and everything is working again. Very bizarre.
I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

beergod fucked around with this message at 06:40 on May 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread