Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunder
May 22, 2003

Problems have returned. No changes have been made to the system, with the exception of a few windows updates. The problem now is that the system will hard lock when doing mundane things like watching Netflix. I've decided to try RMAing the video card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

You've had bad luck.

When you did use onboard video were you getting that stuttering?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Zogo posted:

You've had bad luck.

When you did use onboard video were you getting that stuttering?

No stuttering with the onboard. Back to using the onboard just now.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I've just realised that I've probably wasted my time by doing the RMA because I forgot that I had already tried this out back in May:

Gunder posted:

Tried my roommates 970 in my system, and he tried my one in his. I instantly got the return of the stuttering, while his setup was totally fine. So I guess it's time to try out a new PSU. I'll be going for the 650 watt EVGA Supernova G2, as recommended in the part picking thread. This will replace my 6 year old Corsair TX650.

This would seem to suggest that whatever the issue is, it's not with my graphics card. gently caress.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Are you currently on the second motherboard and second PSU still? Are you still using that sound card?

I'd try different RAM. I think that's one of the parts you haven't switched out yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Yes, I'm still on the 2nd PSU and Motherboard. I'll try swapping out the ram next week.

Edit: And I'm still using the Xonar sound card.

• Locked thread