Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
Welcome to the wonderful world of The Next Project!

I am planning to run another playtest of this system I have been working on, starting sometime in June. :siren:

What is The Next Project?

It's a d20-based game, designed to emulate the feel of low-op, low-level 4e/Essentials D&D; it's intended to be something easy for newbies to get into, as well as something fun for experienced gamers to pick up and play. If you want a game with levels, full of itemization, char-opping, or MC shenanigans, this is expressly NOT the game for you.

Who is this game for?

This might be the game for you, if:
    •You don't give a poo poo about wealth or equipment
    •You like tactical but not grid-based combat
    •You hate when spellcasters do your job better than your class Because ~*MAGIC*~ can do anything! 1/3rd of the PHB is a list of spells.
    •You hate ability scores and fiddly modifiers
    •You would like mid-tier 3.5, 4e, or a lite version of 5e
    •You liked things about Dungeon World and/or 13th Age

What can I expect from this playtest/campaign?

The game's math should be fairly solid, so I just want to take it for a test-drive.
:siren: I'm opening it up to the players to tell me:
  • what type of encounters they want to have
  • what things they want to fight
  • what kind of campaign to run, in terms of tone/setting/objectives
  • what their characters want to do
So, it will be very improvisational. :siren:

[Requires archives] In case you are interested in reading up on my DMing style/tone with this system:
Here is a link to the 1st playtest.
Here is a link to the 2nd playtest.

Rules about Rules

Anything in the SRD is A Rule.
Any suggestions in the SRD by P.d0t can also be considered rules.
Any links from within the SRD to other documentation take precedent over anything within the SRD, in the case of any conflict.

That all being said :siren: if you have any questions about any of the written/suggested rules :siren: please ask, and I will make a ruling if needed.
Since this is a playtest, I reserve the right to overrule or otherwise hot-fix any absurd dogshit that I wrote, if it turns out to break the game once play has begun.

What Classes can I play?

Any of the classes in the SRD, plus The Archer (d4).
Other classes may become unlocked, if I write/finish them before the end of recruitment. :siren: FEEL FREE TO REQUEST NEW CLASSES FOR ME TO WRITE! :siren:

Would you like to know more?
  • Post here
  • PM me
  • Look me up in the "Hack Attack" Discord server, on the #playtest-scheduling channel (at least I think that link should work.)
  • I'm on synIRC somewhat frequently, so if you wanna talk there, just lemme know which channel to find you on.

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Interest post for a Rogue (Assassin) Monk (Ki Master). Haven't checked on the updates in a while but the class revisions look much more polished at a glance. Game just needs a better name imo :)

e: I already know & like how the Assassin plays, so let's try something different.

Generic Octopus fucked around with this message at 08:37 on May 23, 2016

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
[TBD] looks OP, I'll take that.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 07:07 on May 23, 2016

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

How many off-turn actions do you get?

e; I'm thinking Defender Warlord, so I can intercept.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 23, 2016

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

slydingdoor posted:

How many off-turn actions do you get?

e; I'm thinking Defender Warlord, so I can intercept.

As of right now, it's as often as you want, as long as the trigger and other conditions are met; the game-term mostly just exists to remind people to watch for the trigger when it isn't their turn.
5e's 1/rd reaction is too few, IMHO, since there aren't enough triggers for them until you've got a handful of feats (that may or may not have any synergy with each other.)
If for some reason I'm finding off-turn stuff coming up too regularly, there's always 4e's "once per turn" to fall back on :effort:

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Generic Octopus posted:

Game just needs a better name imo :)

Yeah, it's not super-high on the priority list, but it is on the backburner somewhere. I'm sorta hoping/expecting something more evocative will come, with more playing/testing of the game.

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 24, 2016

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
I'm down for trying this out, just gotta read some stuff and make a dude without screwing the pooch on rules stuff too hard.

I would probably go either Swordmage or Beastmaster Ranger?

I like a lot of what I'm reading so far, though, but I would definitely go hard into a melee character of some sort for sure, other than that I really have no idea!

As for the game's name, usually it's tied to the setting in some way, so without a lot of fluff on that end you're kind of screwed, unless you're basing it on an already existing property of some kind.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I'm most interested in playing a Blackguard. But that seems like it's pretty stable, design-wise, so if there's anything else you'd like tested I tend to prefer melee characters.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
The first couple playtests didn't have Monk/Trickster/Druid/Mystic/Warlord, (e: or Archer) so the remaining classes have all had slightly more testing.
If anything, Warrior is the one I've tinkered with the most; Paladin has been tested a bit, but not specifically the Blackguard archetype.

Basically everything needs testing, so play what you feel you'll enjoy the most.

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 05:35 on May 28, 2016

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

I think I'll go with a shapeshift druid, then. The mechanics look really cool, and it'll let you test a few different things at once.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Just a quick update, I'm gonna be fairly busy until June 18th, at the very least. I'm not anticipating any more apps, so start finalizing the details of your apps/backstory, and we can try and sprinkle in some worldbuilding between now and then. The OP should give some ideas for what kinds of hooks to include; I like the idea of "who's someone you know, in town?" from this recruit so if you want to add that, feel free :)

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Straw poll:

Who would be good to get the game going this sunday? Alternatively, the following weekend?

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Gotta let me know the time asap because this Sunday is Father's Day.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
If you're doing discord/live stuff, I'm on holiday with the wife til next Sunday; PbP can start whenever. I'll get the character up this evening regardless.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Well, it seems like the best thing would be to make a thing and leave it up for a while, assuming people see it and know what it's for. Then there can be a place for throwing ideas around, making apps/sheets, and so on.

Either way, I'm down for 'starting' whenever something is available.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Alright, well I'm gonna play it by ear; basically how inspired I feel in the morning and/or if random poo poo comes up that I forgot about will determine if things get rolling now, or in a week.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Gonna stick to PbP format, aiming to roll out the gamethread sometime Sunday (possibly late Saturday)

PurplieNurplie posted:

I would probably go either Swordmage or Beastmaster Ranger?

Any closer to nailing down your character?

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Think I'm gonna bow out, sorry! :( Good luck, though, system seems cool!

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Alright, still wrangling with what sort of campaign to actually do. Reposted in the recruit megathread; I have a few more days off this week, so I should hopefully be able to get things going quickly.

In the meantime, roll call! :siren: If you apped, let me know if you're still interested in participating.

Also, requests on set-pieces are appreciated. And let me know background stuff, insofar as how your team got assembled and why you're sticking together, and etc.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

I'll form the defender warlord. Setpiece would be pirate ship-to-ship battle in the middle of a huge storm. Ships rocking back and forth, masts getting struck by lightning, whatever flavor of pirates. Cthulhu, zombie, vanilla, chef's choice.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

I'll stick to Shapeshift Druid. Took a few days to know whether I'd have time. But things are looking ok.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

I'm interested in playing a Harrier Archer. A cool set-piece would be sneaking/fighting through a pitched battle (complete with cavalry charges and random artillery fire) in order to steal a macguffin out from everyone's nose.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Sounds good! We'll probably get rolling later today, or tomorrow; I expect Generic Octopus will make an appearance sooner or later.

Alright, so where should we have the party start off?
Keep in mind this is meant to be like, a half-step towards an actual campaign so we can have a bit of fluff and characterization and whatnot - it's not gonna be all nuts and bolts all the time.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Some sort of mercenary guild? It would explain why the party sticks together and give a reason to go to interesting places and kill interesting things.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Sorry 'bout not getting the sheet up/inactivity, kinda took a back seat to vacation shenanigans.

I like the guild idea for party-building, keeps things simple and open-ended. One thing I wanted to ask was for thoughts on setting; are we looking at Tolkien fantasy? FR? Eberron? Are we all elves/humans/dwarves, or are there magitec robots/kreen/dragonborn?

For my 2 cents, I like either the eberronish take on fantasy, or the 4e points-of-light kind of world.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

As long as we get right into the action of using our skills and/or powers instead of shield shopping and meet and greets we can start wherever.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Generic Octopus posted:

I like the guild idea for party-building, keeps things simple and open-ended. One thing I wanted to ask was for thoughts on setting; are we looking at Tolkien fantasy? FR? Eberron? Are we all elves/humans/dwarves, or are there magitec robots/kreen/dragonborn?

For my 2 cents, I like either the eberronish take on fantasy, or the 4e points-of-light kind of world.

I kind of skew towards PoL-flavoured setting, and I particularly like the pantheon that one used. For particularly campaigns, I kind of prefer a party of humans & demi-humans, but I think for our purposes pretty much anything will be fine.

So essentially, we're looking at a world where within civilized locales, you're generally safe and most amenities are available. But out on the road there is a fair bit more uncertainty, particularly the farther the distance a particular path stretches between settlements.

slydingdoor posted:

As long as we get right into the action of using our skills and/or powers instead of shield shopping and meet and greets we can start wherever.

Yeah, we'll assume you all know each other and are willing to work with each other from the word 'go', and set off on some troublemaking.
Feel free to name your characters and pick gender/race/etc. if those are of importance to each of you.

e: also, pick your optional skills (aka Monastic Tradition, in the case of Generic Octopus)

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 28, 2016

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Alright, so I'll summarize y'alls combat abilities, just so this stuff is clear and such.

Generic Octopus
Monk: Flurry of Blows
1. At the start of each of your turns, roll 1d4, and treat 1s as 4
  • Ki Master: You have a number of Ki points equal to the result of this roll
  • Standard Action: make a number of melee basic attacks up to the result of the roll.
    • Ki Master: If you do not successfully attack any enemies with your Flurry of Blows (Standard Action), you gain 2 Ki points.
1b. If you choose to Power Attack with this ability, roll it once, and apply the result to all of the attacks
2. Minor Action: make a reliable basic attack (melee or ranged)
3. No Action: spend one Ki point to either Defend, Withdraw, or Use a Skill; you may spend 3 Ki points to make an additional Flurry of Blows (Standard Action).
3b. Off-turn Action: You may spend Ki points any time before the start of your next turn. (i.e. refreshes at the start of your turn, when you make the roll again)

Monk: Perfect Defense
1. Off-turn Action: You have advantage on defense (d20) rolls against Prone creatures
2. Off-turn Action: When you Counter-attack, you can roll make the trade-off using d4s or d20s (roll both, pick either)
3. If you are Prone when you Disengage, you can remove the Prone condition
4. Off-turn Action: When you roll Defense, add 1d4 (treat 1s as 4)
  • Ki Master: if the result is 1 or 4 and your defense roll was unsuccessful, reduce the damage you take by that amount (i.e. 1 or 4)

Monk: Leaf on the Wind
1. You can make melee attacks against enemies that have High Ground, even if you don't; if such an attack is successful, you gain High Ground (player's choice)

Slydingdoor :siren: I'm apparently bad at remembering to edit stuff, so a lot of your stuff that says "Basic Attack" might get 'nerfed' down to melee-only.
Warlord: Inspiring Words
1. Minor Action: roll 1d12 and restore the resulting HP to an ally of your choosing (i.e. not yourself)
1b. Any HP above their maximum HP is essentially gained as Temp HP, which is lost at the end of the encounter
2. Standard Action: same as the Minor Action, but also the target can Shift (i.e. Disengage from 1 enemy) and can make a basic attack
3. During each encounter, you can use this ability (Standard or Minor version) on each ally only once

Warlord: Combat Maneuvers
1. If you or an adjacent ally makes a basic attack without Advantage, roll 1d12 (treat 1s as 12); if the result is 12 and the attack is successful, the attack is a crit
2. On a successful basic attack, add an effect:
  • You can Push or Prone the target
  • [Sustaining] You can Immobilize the target
  • You can cause the target to Move (potentially causing it to Provoke)
  • Deal an additional Class Die of damage to the target (i.e. add 1d12+12 on a crit)
  • direct one ally to make a basic attack against the target

Warlord: Combat Stance
1. Off-turn Action: If you are not engaged, you can ~intercept~ with a basic attack (advantage on the attack and damage rolls) cancelling the attack on a success
2. Off-turn Action: When an adjacent ally is attacked, deal 1d12 damage (with advantage) to the attacker. If your ally fails their defense roll: a) take the damage in their place, or; b) make a basic attack (advantage on the attack and damage rolls) against the triggering enemy
3. Off-turn Action: If an enemy engaged with you tries to move away or disengage, make a Reliable basic attack (advantage on the attack and damage rolls) against them; if successful, they remain engaged with you.
4. If you become Engaged as part of an Initiative check (you have advantage on the d20 roll for this check), you can make a basic attack (advantage on the attack and damage rolls) against the enemy you became Engaged with.

Speleothing
Druid: Forms of the Wild
1. As part of your Initiative check, or as a Minor Action on your turn, you activate one of the forms of the wild on yourself. (bear, cat, eagle)
2. Off-turn Action: When in this form, if an enemy Provokes from you, roll 2d8:
2a. the target takes additional damage equal to the lower roll
2b. Shapeshifter: make a melee basic attack against the triggering enemy, adding the higher roll to the damage :siren: (might change the damage bonus because it's dumb/boring; will see how playtesting goes)

Druid: Form of the Dire Bear :siren: (Generic Octopus' version of this form had "You can Defend as a Move Action" and I may end up adding that in; will see how playtesting goes)
1. In this form, if an ally adjacent to you regains HP from some other ability, roll 1d8 and add the result to the HP gained.
2. You can enter a Rage before you make a defense roll, or after you make an attack roll.
2a. While raging, treat 1s as 20 for attack rolls, and roll melee basic damage with advantage
2b. While raging, roll 1d8 in place of 1d20 for defense rolls; treat 1s as 8, and if the result is 8, regain 8 HP. Any HP above your maximum HP is essentially gained as Temp HP, which is lost at the end of the encounter
2c. Minor Action: You end a rage.

Druid: Form of the Stalking Cat
1. In this form, if you make a melee basic attack without advantage, add 1d8 to the attack roll
1a. if such an attack succeeds, the next attack against the target is made with advantage on the attack roll
2. In this form, allies adjacent to you can add 1d8 to the damage rolls of basic attacks
3. When an Exploration encounter transitions to combat, if you become Hidden, enemies cannot spot you as part of their initiative check
4. Minor Action: You can make a Stealth check
5. No Action: when you successfully attack or defend against an enemy, you can disengage from that enemy
6. No Action: you can make a Stealth check at the end of any turn, if you dropped an enemy on that turn, or are Withdrawing.
7. Whenever this ability allows you to make a Stealth check, an ally adjacent to you can also make the check, as long as they are not Engaged.

Druid: Form of the Great Eagle
1. You can make melee attacks against enemies that have High Ground, even if you don't; if such an attack is successful, you gain High Ground (player's choice)
2. Minor Action: You can make a Perception check

Tricky
Archer: Agile Acrobat
1. Minor Action: any Move action (Engage or Disengage 1 enemy, Tumble, Withdraw+Provoke)
1a. Add 1d4 to the check, if you use this action to Tumble
2a. When you roll defense, treat 1s as 20
2b. When you make trade-offs, you can treat 1s as the highest number on that die
3. When you Power Attack with a ranged basic attack, you can roll a trade-off using 2d4 ~or~ 1d4 and 1d20; in either case, subtract the lower roll from your attack roll and add the higher roll to the damage roll

Archer: Archery Fighting Style
1. When you make a ranged basic attack, roll 2d4
1a. If the attack is successful, deal the 2d4 result as damage
1b. If the attack is unsuccessful but the 2d4 result is doubles, deal damage to the target equal to the result of the attack roll
1c. if the attack is unsuccessful but equals either of the results of the 2d4 roll, make the d20 roll again
2. When you are not engaged with your target, you ranged attack rolls never have disadvantage, and you can treat 1s as 20 on those rolls

Archer: Pin Down
  • Standard Action: make a ranged attack against a number of enemies up to the result of the roll.
1a. If any of these attacks deal 4 damage, the target loses High Ground and is also Immobilized.

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 29, 2016

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
:siren: Game Thread is off and rolling :siren:

Easing into it, since we're all still composing the party and such, but I figure things will pick up in speed once everyone's characters are ironed out.
Post your "sheets" ITT, with tokens/portraits if you want, and I'll add it to the game thread OP.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I'll be on a plane for the next ten hours or so, so I won't be able to post until tomorrow morning.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Ixthos - Druid of the Temneri

Ixthos was born at twilight during an early autumn snow-dusting, under the sign of the Earth Serpent and with a raven perched on the house. Overall a birth of mixed portents. But when he was seven, he fell into a cave and was bitten by the snakes living there. The local druid cured him and took him as apprentice. A couple years later, the Temneri tribe were absorbed into a larger alliance and largely destroyed during the War of the Rose Throne, but as a druid he was exempt from changing his allegiance during the settlements after. At twenty-two, he went before the Tribunal of High Druids in the Forest of Blue Bears and passed the seven blood rites and fifteen secret questions, becoming a Low Druid. He is now twenty-eight and midway through serving his second assigned territory. His first four years were spent with a lazy old mountain hermit learning the secrets of the eagles and snow while drinking strong wine. Now he labors under the strict master Brenemte, Hunting Jaguar of the Adventurer's Guild. In two years he will be rotated out of this assignment by the Tribunal, probably to one of the river clans. After four years there he will finally be able to start a family life in the land of his choosing as Full Druid.

He is cautious but knowledgeable. Willing to take lives as part of his job but preferring to save them. Thrifty with his coin but free with his herbs & potions. Carries a staff of yew and the bronze ritual axe which is a sign of his office.

HP: 28/28
Reserves: 8/8
Background Skills

* Proficient in all FORT Knowledge skills
* Trained in all WIS Knowledge skills
Adventuring Skills
* Trained: WIS
* Proficient: Athletics

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 29, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Sidewinder, Harrier Archer

Sidewinder doesn't talk much about her life before the guild. She showed up one day, bloody and broken, then proceeded to ace every entry test that the guild threw her way. The prevailing theory is that she was living in one of the cities that the Verge Republic sacked on its march towards the sea. Whatever the case may be, she has now dedicated her life to her work.

Sidewinder usually works on the guild's urban assignments. Anything ranging from securing goods to discreet elimination of key targets.

HP 24/24
Reserves 4/4

Trained Skills
---
CHA Knowledge (Local, Streetwise, Royalty and Nobility)

Proficient Skills
---
DEX Performance (Juggling, Stringed Instruments)
AGIL (All)
FORT (All)
CHA (All)

Skill Expertise
---
DEX (All)
Detection

Class Abilities
---
Archer: Agile Acrobat
1. Minor Action: any Move action (Engage or Disengage 1 enemy, Tumble, Withdraw+Provoke)
1a. Add 1d4 to the check, if you use this action to Tumble
2a. When you roll defense, treat 1s as 20
2b. When you make trade-offs, you can treat 1s as the highest number on that die
3. When you Power Attack with a ranged basic attack, you can roll a trade-off using 2d4 ~or~ 1d4 and 1d20; in either case, subtract the lower roll from your attack roll and add the higher roll to the damage roll

Archer: Archery Fighting Style
1. When you make a ranged basic attack, roll 2d4
1a. If the attack is successful, deal the 2d4 result as damage
1b. If the attack is unsuccessful but the 2d4 result is doubles, deal damage to the target equal to the result of the attack roll
1c. if the attack is unsuccessful but equals either of the results of the 2d4 roll, make the d20 roll again
2. When you are not engaged with your target, you ranged attack rolls never have disadvantage, and you can treat 1s as 20 on those rolls

Archer: Pin Down
  • Standard Action: make a ranged attack against a number of enemies up to the result of the roll.
1a. If any of these attacks deal 4 damage, the target loses High Ground and is also Immobilized.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 30, 2016

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Malachi, Student of the Serene Tempest Style

They say not all who wander are lost...but many are, as Malachi was in his days before the Guild. An angry youth who lived as a vagabond fighting for scraps, he could have easily ended up part of some bandit gang or pirate crew. Instead, Grandmaster Fiona took pity on him, taking Malachi on as a student after he failed horribly at trying to mug her.

Malachi has grown much through the Grandmaster's teachings, and now serves the Guild as a powerful yet level-headed fighter; the calm at the center of the storm of battle.

HP: 24
Reserves: 4

Trained Skills (+1d10): DEX & AGIL (Performance), Athletics (Adventuring)

Proficient Skills (+1d6): CHA (Knowledge), WIS (Adventuring), Influence

Monk: Flurry of Blows
  • Ki Master: You have a number of Ki points equal to the result of this roll
  • Standard Action: make a number of melee basic attacks up to the result of the roll.
    • Ki Master: If you do not successfully attack any enemies with your Flurry of Blows (Standard Action), you gain 2 Ki points.
1b. If you choose to Power Attack with this ability, roll it once, and apply the result to all of the attacks
2. Minor Action: make a reliable basic attack (melee or ranged)
3. No Action: spend one Ki point to either Defend, Withdraw, or Use a Skill; you may spend 3 Ki points to make an additional Flurry of Blows (Standard Action).
3b. Off-turn Action: You may spend Ki points any time before the start of your next turn. (i.e. refreshes at the start of your turn, when you make the roll again)

Monk: Perfect Defense
1. Off-turn Action: You have advantage on defense (d20) rolls against Prone creatures
2. Off-turn Action: When you Counter-attack, you can roll make the trade-off using d4s or d20s (roll both, pick either)
3. If you are Prone when you Disengage, you can remove the Prone condition
4. Off-turn Action: When you roll Defense, add 1d4 (treat 1s as 4)
  • Ki Master: if the result is 1 or 4 and your defense roll was unsuccessful, reduce the damage you take by that amount (i.e. 1 or 4)

Monk: Leaf on the Wind

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Clint Williamson, Warlord Interceptor

HP: 32
Reserves: 12

Background Skills
You are Trained in all CHA Background skills. +1d10
You are Proficient in all FORT Background skills. +1d6

Adventuring Skills
Trained: FORT, CHA +1d10
Proficient: AGIL +1d6

Skill Expertise
You have Expertise in all Influence skills. 1s are 12s or 20s

Warlord: Inspiring Words
1. Minor Action: roll 1d12 and restore the resulting HP to an ally of your choosing (i.e. not yourself)
1b. Any HP above their maximum HP is essentially gained as Temp HP, which is lost at the end of the encounter
2. Standard Action: same as the Minor Action, but also the target can Shift (i.e. Disengage from 1 enemy) and can make a basic attack
3. During each encounter, you can use this ability (Standard or Minor version) on each ally only once

Warlord: Combat Maneuvers
1. If you or an adjacent ally makes a basic attack without Advantage, roll 1d12 (treat 1s as 12); if the result is 12 and the attack is successful, the attack is a crit
2. On a successful basic attack, add an effect:
You can Push or Prone the target
[Sustaining] You can Immobilize the target
You can cause the target to Move (potentially causing it to Provoke)
Deal an additional Class Die of damage to the target (i.e. add 1d12+12 on a crit)
direct one ally to make a basic attack against the target

Warlord: Combat Stance
1. Off-turn Action: If you are not engaged, you can ~intercept~ with a basic attack (advantage on the attack and damage rolls) cancelling the attack on a success
2. Off-turn Action: When an adjacent ally is attacked, deal 1d12 damage (with advantage) to the attacker. If your ally fails their defense roll: a) take the damage in their place, or; b) make a basic attack (advantage on the attack and damage rolls) against the triggering enemy
3. Off-turn Action: If an enemy engaged with you tries to move away or disengage, make a Reliable basic attack (advantage on the attack and damage rolls) against them; if successful, they remain engaged with you.
4. If you become Engaged as part of an Initiative check (you have advantage on the d20 roll for this check), you can make a basic attack (advantage on the attack and damage rolls) against the enemy you became Engaged with.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 30, 2016

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
:siren: Expecting one more player to join, so don't be surprised if/when that happens
We'll assume they're on auto-follow for now.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Leland Dotson

HP:26
Reserves: 6
Trickster Sorcerer

Background Skills
You can use Proficient Knowledge skills in place of relevant Investigation checks
You can use Proficient Performance skills in place of relevant Persuasion checks
You are Proficient with all CHA and INT Background skills
Proficient with all Performance Skills

Adventuring Skills
Proficient: DEX; Influence, and Deception

Skill Expertise
All Proficient Skills

Combat Abilities

Iconic Ability: Chaos & Luck
As part of your Initiative check, roll your class die. This is your lucky number! For the duration of the encounter, if you roll a d20 and the result equals this number, you can treat the roll as a critical success.
Sorcerer: For the duration of the encounter, if you roll any damage dice and the result equals this number, you can treat the damage of that die as being its maximum value. If your lucky number is equal to the maximum value of your Class Die, deal 1 additional d20 of damage any time at least 1 of your damage dice results in your lucky number.
If your lucky number is even, you can use the Mystic’s Banishment ability (using the Warlock Archetype benefit); if your lucky number is odd, you can use the Mage’s Telekinetic Transposition ability.
Sorcerer: If your lucky number is even, you can use the Mystic’s Eldritch Blast ability; if your lucky number is odd, you can use the Mage’s Magic Missile ability. This effect lasts until the end of the encounter.

Sorcerer Ability: Fiery Burst
Choose yourself or one of your allies; as a Standard Action, make a Reliable ranged basic attack against all enemies engaged with the target you chose. On a successful attack, deal 1 additional Class Die of damage per each enemy targetted by this ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
:supaburn: work/life schedule has been poo poo lately, but expect some posting Thurs PM/Fri AM :siren:

:justpost:

• Locked thread