Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

tpink posted:

I thought it was a fun role but it does seem near-impossible to win with WM in this setup. I viewed it more as a role intended to change the way other people play rather than as a potential path to victory for the WM player.

Which, is not fun for the person playing her, who, you know, is trying to win.

It truly is near impossible. I promise you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

CapitalistPig posted:

Which, is not fun for the person playing her, who, you know, is trying to win.

It truly is near impossible. I promise you.

I totally get that and sympathize! That's why I also thought people giving you grief for getting upset at getting killed were overreacting (particularly given the way you got killed).

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i think both of wm's and my guy's 1 more life after flip are incredibly stupid mechanisms too

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

to reiterate what others have said, i dont think either of reaper's abilities are good game design, balanced, or fun

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

that might read harsher than i intend it to be

its tough making lots of roles and you did post it for other eyes to look at but i really dont think either aspect of reaper's character was worth making a balancable character around

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Azuth0667 posted:

I'm not complaining about getting lynched so the :ironicat: is on you. I stand by that too I think most people tunnel visioning wincons just don't want to deal with the consequences of it hence all the whining about "we knew he was scum and X didn't vote my way."

The starters of the bandwagon were Kash and Infinitum who decided a meta case is useful both of which deserved everything they got. There was nothing that could be done about Kash much like in holy grail I make a post he calls it scum provides no justification when asked and just keeps calling everything scum.

It's amazing that you still refuse to take any responsibility for being crappy to your teammates. "But he started it!!!!!!!!!" He called you scum so you just started insulting him. He was trying to play mafia, you were trying to be a dick. Also when did you ask Kash for any justification that he didn't reply to? All I can find is

Azuth0667 posted:

What exactly is the scumminess dude? I get it you're in a miserable mood from your lovely traveling bur, you're literally wrong in this case.

To which he gave a response of

Kashuno posted:

how bout you look at the fact that you somehow know max is widowmaker you condescending douche. You loving call Max widowmaker pretty clearly, as if you know that he is not a member of the scum team but still playing like scum. Because you're scum and hosed up.

Which is a justification. You can say it's bad and I wouldn't disagree, but from his shoes if he thought you scum slipped it's absolutely a justification. From there you just started namecalling and more or less refused to play. But no, Kash made you not play mafia, call people names, and be a bad team mate.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

chaoslord posted:

It's amazing that you still refuse to take any responsibility for being crappy to your teammates. "But he started it!!!!!!!!!" He called you scum so you just started insulting him. He was trying to play mafia, you were trying to be a dick. Also when did you ask Kash for any justification that he didn't reply to? All I can find is

To which he gave a response of

Which is a justification. You can say it's bad and I wouldn't disagree, but from his shoes if he thought you scum slipped it's absolutely a justification. From there you just started namecalling and more or less refused to play. But no, Kash made you not play mafia, call people names, and be a bad team mate.

Like I just said in the previous post kash and infitum deserved all they got.

He started way before that but, at least we're getting to the heart of the matter. Its all going to devlove to mafia dading and how the only right way to play mafia is my way :rolleyes:.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yes we totally deserved to lynch a town doctor D1.

Boy the egg certainly is in our faces.

This is why I said I don't have the energy to call you out properly. You clearly aren't going to take any responsibility for your play style.

Just don't play against your win-condition mate, it's really easy to understand.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Azuth0667 posted:

He started way before that but, at least we're getting to the heart of the matter. Its all going to devlove to mafia dading and how the only right way to play mafia is my way :rolleyes:.

And the rest of your teammates? And who determines who deserves what, anyway?

As far as mafia dadding goes, if your way to play is to play against your wincon, that needs to be cut out.

Edit: Also lol that you are blaming kash/infini for their play ("they got what they deserved") but saying your play is above reproach with the :rolleyes: about how this is gonna be mafia dadding.

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jun 15, 2016

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Infinitum posted:

Just don't play against your win-condition mate, it's really easy to understand.

Wish I could just empty quote this for like 100 pages.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

dongsbot 9000 posted:

that might read harsher than i intend it to be

its tough making lots of roles and you did post it for other eyes to look at but i really dont think either aspect of reaper's character was worth making a balancable character around

No, no, it's good! Thanks for the feedback, guys!
I think I started getting way too focused on the flavor over the gameplay - which is no good.
But I did get to try out a bunch of mechanics and see how they did / didn't work.

I think I'll use the Widowmaker mechanic again in the future, but yeah, I will give her some Rolecopping and maybe even a Night Kill. The goggles would have been good.
I had been on the fence about giving her a Night Kill every Night, but someone had told me she was already overpowered.
My thoughts about her during design time were more focused on how she balanced the game rather than if she would be fun to play - which is also no good.

Also, relevant to the discussion at hand:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18y6vteoaQY

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Azuth0667 posted:

As someone who did not play this game and merely observed, you were a total poo poo and are wrong and some self-reflection would do you well because if you can't see how much of an antagonistic rear end in a top hat you were in this game I really don't know what to tell you

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Infinitum posted:

Yes we totally deserved to lynch a town doctor D1.

Boy the egg certainly is in our faces.

This is why I said I don't have the energy to call you out properly. You clearly aren't going to take any responsibility for your play style.

Mr. "I deliberately antagonize people himself" himself I warned you about how meta cases are dumb.

chaoslord posted:

And the rest of your teammates? And who determines who deserves what, anyway?

As far as mafia dadding goes, if your way to play is to play against your wincon, that needs to be cut out.

Edit: Also lol that you are blaming kash/infini for their play ("they got what they deserved") but saying your play is above reproach with the :rolleyes: about how this is gonna be mafia dadding.

How about don't slight potential teammates and you won't have to worry about someone "playing against their wincon." Which is really code for "I want to be terrible to people that could be on my team but, don't want to deal with the consequences of it."

I'm not saying anything about my play other than those two deserved what they got. If you look I make it plain that I'm terrible at this game.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Azuth0667 posted:

How about don't slight potential teammates and you won't have to worry about someone "playing against their wincon." Which is really code for "I want to be terrible to people that could be on my team but, don't want to deal with the consequences of it."

This is really funny since you went out of your way call someone a shitlorde over and over again.

"Dont play against your wincon" is code for "dont play against your wincon". It's not a very hard code to crack. You can try to handwave it away as me looking for an excuse to be terrible to people and pretend you are so high and mighty all you want, but I don't treat people terribly playing mafia so it doesn't work here for me, sorry. If you want to insult people when you play, go for it. If you want to crap post, feel free. If you want to cite almost everything you say with a footnote like QuoProQuid, feel free. If you want to RP that you're a gundam, feel free. BUT DONT PLAY AGAINST YOUR WIN CONDITION. It's really not that hard.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

chaoslord posted:

This is really funny since you went out of your way call someone a shitlorde over and over again.

"Dont play against your wincon" is code for "dont play against your wincon". It's not a very hard code to crack. You can try to handwave it away as me looking for an excuse to be terrible to people and pretend you are so high and mighty all you want, but I don't treat people terribly playing mafia so it doesn't work here for me, sorry. If you want to insult people when you play, go for it. If you want to crap post, feel free. If you want to cite almost everything you say with a footnote like QuoProQuid, feel free. If you want to RP that you're a gundam, feel free. BUT DONT PLAY AGAINST YOUR WIN CONDITION. It's really not that hard.

Cause I was slighted and had cause to hence what I've been saying.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

in cpig's serial killer game, i joke-claimed triple nightcop day 2 as vt and azuth0667 counter-claimed real cop as vt, thunderdomed me after i gave have multiple outs, and then disappeared and got lynched the next day, losing the game for town

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Azuth0667 posted:

lol

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

basically anyone calling azuth0667 a scum is righteous cause for him to quit playing and throw the game as town

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

dongsbot 9000 posted:

basically anyone calling azuth0667 a scum is righteous cause for him to quit playing and throw the game as town

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

dongsbot 9000 posted:

in cpig's serial killer game, i joke-claimed triple nightcop day 2 as vt and azuth0667 counter-claimed real cop as vt, thunderdomed me after i gave have multiple outs, and then disappeared and got lynched the next day, losing the game for town

none of that is true :cop:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Azuth0667 posted:

none of that is true :cop:

uh you did claim cop and literally claimed a result on hiip as VT in that game so at least that part of it is true, and you did say you you'd thunderdome dongs which immediately resulted in him getting turbod due to your first heavily implied cop investigation which turned out to be literally nothing

i mean your fuckery helped me win the game since i was scum and i was still dumbfounded

the only part that isn't true is that you disappeared, unless you count 1.5 irl days as disappearing in which case the whole post is true :shrug:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Azuth0667 posted:

I'm a super chill dude, and I realise that this is just a game and can drop the antagonistic act once the game is over, but if you're failing to take even the slightest bit of responsibility for actively playing against your win-con.. then well..

I'm done.

Not going to bother arguing with you.

Just going to actively avoid playing games where you've signed up ahead of me on.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Infinitum posted:

I'm a super chill dude, and I realise that this is just a game and can drop the antagonistic act once the game is over, but if you're failing to take even the slightest bit of responsibility for actively playing against your win-con.. then well..

I'm done.

Not going to bother arguing with you.

Just going to actively avoid playing games where you've signed up ahead of me on.

Lol super chill :ok: thats why you couldn't wait until the end of the game and had to pipe up multiple times about it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you can't figure out why you pissed a whole lot of people off by playing the way you did, then I can't help you mate.

Feel free to keep playing the way you want to play, but you'll find less and less players willing to put up with you if you do.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think this conversation is going to go anywhere productive at this point. Let's drop it, please?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah I'm not going to keep harping on about it. I've said my piece.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Podima posted:

I don't think this conversation is going to go anywhere productive at this point. Let's drop it, please?

Ok, Ecco

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 10

Absurd Revolver (10): AnonymousNarcotics, Moatillata, Li Dawny, tpink, CapitalistPig, Tremendous Taste, Anomalous Amalgam, Infinitum, dongsbot 9000, ImPureAwesome
Mayor Glowku (5): Byers2142, Apocron, SirSamVimes, Kashuno, Mayor Glowku
gannyGrabber (4): Absurd Revolver, gannyGrabber, Concerned Citizen, Azuth0667
Max (1): Max
dongsbot 9000 (0): dongsbot 9000, dongsbot 9000
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Moatillata, Moatillata, dongsbot 9000, dongsbot 9000

Not Voting (1): imgay

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

Epic!

Everyone gets 1 vote. You cannot change your vote after it is placed. You may only vote for the four options shown.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Just need imgay's vote and I can finally end this game and give out medals.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Can we just pretend he left the game before voting, like what happens in too many overwatch matches?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Can we just pretend he left the game before voting, like what happens in too many overwatch matches?

Yeah, I wanted to do that anyway --- The full Overwatch experience!
I'll give him until morning because I'm too lazy to do anything now.
The deadline is set for tomorrow 11 AM Berlin time!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
U should havepmed me I untracked game ##vote max

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh i just saw pm, it got lost in shuffle sorry

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

oh i just saw pm, it got lost in shuffle sorry

No problem!

Also,

All votes are in! :woop:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 10

Absurd Revolver (10): AnonymousNarcotics, Moatillata, Li Dawny, tpink, CapitalistPig, Tremendous Taste, Anomalous Amalgam, Infinitum, dongsbot 9000, ImPureAwesome
Max (2): Max, imgay

Not Voting (0):

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 17th, 2016 at 11 a.m. CEST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Votecount for Day 10

Max (2): Max, imgay

Not Voting (0):

The current deadline is June 17th, 2016 at 11 a.m. CEST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Everyone gets 5 gold medals!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for playing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also, have some parting Overwatch stuff I didn't get to use:

http://www.zam.com/article/579/a-list-of-scenarios-overwatch-would-consider-plays-of-the-game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8F4-AAQjok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVRC8kZk5cs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXP8rzfojfI

http://i.imgur.com/ZlGXADy.gifv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPYFHZeWJCY

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/skcpxik54uadphdlanqp.GIF

Also, I wish I had used one of these at the start of the match:

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jun 17, 2016

• Locked thread